The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Accident At Champs

phil

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
thanks to everyone who helped charlotte, pat for holding her hand murial for putting kettle on and john gill for luking after our dog,also to jim and gracefor taking charlotte, shes got a very sore leg and a few other aches and pains but we will wait till the morning to see how she feels, i have just herd alisons dog was hurt ,i dont know how bad but hope the dog is ok. phil

Hope she's ok soon-what an awful thing to happen after your long travel from Scotland-bet you won't forget this trip in a hurry.

All the best-and to the dog also.

Karen/Steve

just back from hospital with charlotte , she has torn ligaments in her knee could take a bit of time to heel :D its amazingwhat some people will do to get off work :D it just shows what a dog can do to you at full speed. phil

has anyone heard how the dog is doing after yesterday?

Rumour was-concussion...possible shoulder injury...nose bleeding....was going to have a head x-ray on return home?????

Shame for both parties but accidents do happen.

Hope Charlotte is feeling better and I hope the wee dog is feeling better too.

Hope you all feel much better now phil, it sounds like a nasty accident. Ihave a daughter called Charlotte so i hope your Charlotte is starting to feel much better. :luck:

SUE

I cant believe that anyone can be so daft as to stand in a position on the track that is in direct line of where the dogs are going to run to at the the finish. It is a miracle that the dog survived this collision. Why the BWRA should have to go to the trouble of fencing of the whole run off area because of the few that cant seem to wait untill the race is over before before getting on the running surface is beyond me, even after the accident people were having to be told to get of the track. I might sound a bit uncaring but the dogs do everything we ask of them they dont need further injuries.

I didn't see where Charlotte was standing or the race-but to be fair- I do know on both days (I ran a dog and a bitch) that many racers were trying to stand very close to the line- beginning of sand pit etc...people who race week in week out so she wasn't alone.

Karen

jade scott said:
I cant believe that anyone can be so daft as to stand in a position on the track that is in direct line of where the dogs are going to run to at the the finish. It is a miracle that the dog survived this collision. Why the BWRA should have to go to the trouble of fencing of the whole run off area because of the few that cant seem to wait untill the race is over before before getting on the running surface is beyond me, even after the accident people were having to be told to get of the track. I might sound a bit uncaring but the dogs do everything we ask of them they dont need further injuries.
i totally agree, maybe we will have to rope it all like at old hall this might just stop people standing infront off the sand pit, i have heard off alison and bally so is going to the vets this morning for a head xray, just to be on the safe side :luck: debbie

Even at OLD HALL where there is a rope to stand behind racers push it as near as they possibly can ----endangering the dogs ----maybe there should be a line -----anyone crossing it get thier dog disqualified------ would not be many then wanting to get so close

jade scott said:
I have to agree with jade aswell i was stood near the finish line when it happend I too am amazed the dog was not killed I couldnt believe someone was stood there.

Hope everythings ok with the xray today :huggles:

The dog I was racing only raced the once but the one thing I noticed was it was very difficult to see the dogs running up the track and nearly impossible to see the red and blue traps from the sand pit area without getting pretty close to the sand pit. Maybe a line at the finish area would help but in my opinion the fence for the spectators could have been a bit further back and the camera and finish line judges could have been a bit further back too therefore those racing dogs could see them racing without getting too close to the run off area and endangering the dogs. How many times have you heard the lure driver ask people to stop leaning over the fence because they can't see the lure. We all like to see our dogs race to see how they trap, to see how they run or even to see if they are hampered after all if your dog gets tackled you have every right to ask the clark of the course for a re run but you can't do that if you can't see the race. I am not having a go at the way the track was set up after all it has been set up roughly the same many times before without incident so why would you expect one now. Thankfully this is a very rare thing to happen in racing and I hope that Alisons bitch and Charlotte make a full recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alison and Colin have reported to me that Bally So appears to have no lasting damage after her xray and consultation with the Vet.

Alison and Colin would also like to thank all the people who showed concern for Bally So's condition :D

Glad to hear that Bally so is ok and that Charlotte will be ok too , Charlotte did say to that the sun was in her eyes and she could not see the dogs coming up the track........ Get Well soon Charlotte,,,, Love Pat :D

:luck: bally so was showing great promise for colin and allison hope this accident has no lasting affect on her performance in the future :luck: cannot see why 3 cones each side of run in to make people stand behind to give dogs space and time to pull up onto the lure???? especially when you get some extreme wide runners. bally so was been pushed to the left by a dog lying on . the lady was standing in front of the sand pit aprox 1yd in. time something was laid down before things get terminal :rant:

this accident was sheer stupidity, no one with any sense stands in front of the sandpit. [it should never have happened]

Hope your dog gets well Alison, but i have no sympathy for the person she ran in too. :rant:

well i have to say to everyone these accidents do happen, this wasnt intentional. She basically leaned forward to see where her dog was was she couldnt see...we all like to see where our dogs are in the race, she wasnt standing in the middle of the track as people have suggested...why would she do that.

For those who showed hospitality toward my mother i thank you but as far as those who are putting the blame totally on her i cant believe it. It has given her a massive fright and she like the dog involved is in a lot of pain...i mean she was knocked out for almost five minutes.

This is in no way an attack on anyone as i dont want to start arguement...just simply a thought from a different point of view...i hope you can see that.

i meant to say before....that i hope there is no lasting damage to the dog...it would be the last thing that anyone would want. Im glad they went for an xray...totally worth it.

I do agree with whats been said...the very fact that charlotte was let lean forward...suggests tighter rules...it would then take away the temptation...although this is hard to call as everyone does it at some point and without a doubt when you cant see...you want to lean forward...a very unfortunate situtation. :unsure:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back