The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crazy Dog Man

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
When Lady was around, my home was her second home, the same thing goes for Rocco.
During this lockdown, it gets really lonely, it was like that as well before the lockdown situation and I am always alone nearly all the time.

I've been thinking about adopting a dog of my own because I know now with COVID-19, the shelters will need to urgently re-home as much pets as they can. I just don't know how Rocco will feel about it because 1. He's male and 2. He's still a little anti-social. When we first got Rocco, he was a complete nervous wreck, he warmed up to me soon though (probably because he could sense I was blood related and considered me as part of the pack) but he still was very shaky around strangers and other dogs. I really would want Rocco to have a new friend and I would like to make a new friend myself. How do I go about doing this?

How does Rocco get on with dogs he meets now?

A lot of dog rescues are crying out for fosterers as well as people to adopt their dogs. One solution could be to foster temporarily so if it doesn't work out, you don't have the same heartache of returning the other dog.

Introducing a new dog is always a delicate business and needs care for the good of both as well as the owner! Probably now is not a good time. Your information about 'shelters' needing to get dogs out isn't really correct. The rescues I home check for have virtually stopped rehoming because it's not possible for volunteers to make home visits to people wanting to adopt. Best to wait a while I'd say.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back