The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Agility Classes

Discussion in 'Dog Sports' started by Josie, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

My uncle has a working spaniel called Dorris - I think he may have reached a difficult point with her and training!

He was recommended agility classes. Has anyone done this with their dog? Can you start at any age?

2. Biker John

Biker John Well-Known Member Registered

Yes any dog can try agility, obviously a young one should not be put under joint stress so they can go over poles on the ground between the uprights etc. Contact a local club, most are quite welcoming to new comers, (that said their are some trainers that are only interested in Border Collies but fortunately their are plenty that aren't). And I would add that I'm sure once it tries it both Human and Dog will enjoy it.

Josie likes this.
  3. Biker John

Biker John Well-Known Member Registered

A different thought just came to me, as its a working spaniel have you or him thought about working trials. Their are not as many clubs offering this but if their is one close it could suit them.

4. Josie

Josie Administrator Administrator Registered

Thanks @Biker John - I will look into it and see if it's something he will want to do.