The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Another New Member

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi everyone!

My name is Gillian and I live in Glossop, Derbyshire. I have a 10 month old whippet called Muffin. We lost our 10 year old whippet, Josh, to kidney disease 2 months ago :( We had been hoping that he would have had a good couple of years as a companion for Muffin before starting to get old but it wasn't to be. Muffin has been a great comfort to my husband and me :)

He is still at the very naughty stage and is very destructive, ripping up all the toys we give him. Josh was an angelic puppy in comparison - or maybe we just forget!

This is about the 3rd time I have tried to post a picture so hope it works now! This is a picture of Muffin in his favourite pastime - lounging about in comfort - that is when he's not terrorising the cat or charging round the house like a lunatic! :wacko: ds_ds_Muffin_079.jpg

Will post some more pictures if this works.

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheers: WELCOME TO K9 GILLIAN AND MUFFIN :cheers:

Julie

Hi Gillian & Muffin,welcome to k9 :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Hi Gillian, welcome to K9, Muffin is lovely.

Shame about Josh.

Any probs, place a post on here, you will get loads of help, no matter what it is for.

Speak soon

Gavin

View attachment 20578

:cheers: welcome to k9 Gillian and Muffin :cheers:

Sorry to hear about Josh :huggles:

Muffin is gorgeous :wub: :wub:

[SIZE=21pt]WELCOME to K9[/SIZE] :D

Welcome to K9 Gillian and Muffin.

Lovely pictures.

Bet Muffin enjoys running around the reservoirs at Hadfield and on the Snake Pass moors!!!!

anslinmcg said:
Welcome to K9 Gillian and Muffin.
Lovely pictures.

Bet Muffin enjoys running around the reservoirs at Hadfield and on the Snake Pass moors!!!!

Thanks for the welcome.

Unfortunately, at the moment Muffin isn't allowed off the lead to run around any reservoirs! When he was only 4 months old he ran off from my husband and although he managed to find his way home he had to cross the very busy Woodhead Pass and the vet thinks he must have been knocked by a car as he had a couple of nasty cuts on his leg. But it was a miracle that he actually made it at all - I think 99% of the time crossing that road he would have been killed. We are only just having the confidence to start letting him off the lead briefly again in places that we hope are safe.

This is a picture of Muffin after his accident managing to look very cute and appealing!

ds_Muffin_075.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Hi, welcome to you both![/SIZE]

I have a naughty nine month old whippy too :lol:

Welcome to K9. I'm not that far away from you...I'm in the High Peak.

[SIZE=14pt]Welcome Gillian and Muffin - to K9 [/SIZE] :cheers: what lovely pictures. :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back