The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Any-one Else Going Lure-coursing At Newbury

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well Jo is being very bashfull cos if it were my dog I'd be braggin that:

[SIZE=21pt]ARCHIE WON HIS CLASS !!![/SIZE]

And it was their first time

Team 'Fawn whoppet' did us proud :D

I think that the over all winnign whippet got a scorein the low 80's, and I'll let Jo tell you what Archies score was :thumbsup:

It was great to meet Dessie & Mille, and some of their lovely dogs. TJ was very noticeable by his collar :)

It suprised me how different it was to racing, and how many rescues were there.

Well done to Archie, Jo & Lloyd. You really deserved to win yesterday. As I said, thinking back to the first hill sprint and what a different dog Archie is now - credit to you.

Don't know how, but I have missed this thread - which started a couple of days ago!! Don't know how I managed that.

But because I did, I put a post on the coursing site last night but I don't know how to move it to here.

So, once again [SIZE=21pt]Congratulations to Archie and Star[/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers:

Winner and runner up in their class - they were a great team :huggles:

Well done Jo, Rae and families - well deserved :D :D

Deb

He's busy Dessie! They will be here, watch this space!

Here is Archie's poser picture........he got 79 points on both his runs, Star got 75.5, and I think they are really evenly matched. It is any-body's guess who scores higher next time.I think the top whippet group score was 81.

View attachment 16529

:thumbsup: Hey - Great pictures - especially the one of Archie - he looks :wub: :thumbsup: a very nice posey picture - Love the action shots - looks like everyone had a good day. Very well done Archie :cheers:

Cant wait to see the rest. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Strike Whippets said:
Very posh and very posey...........Well done Archie and Star  :huggles:
I'll tell you what Hannah, I am quite impressed looking at him there.......He has shed loads of weight and looks almost proper whippety. BTW, he is freaked out, expecting a bad thing to happen, and put himself in that pose apart from me tilting his chin up! :thumbsup: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have posted a few pictures here. Not many of whippys yet, bookmark my site for more soon ;) (great pic of Archie and Star)

Strike Whippets said:
He does look very nice there  :D .........Ever thought of showing him ??.......
LOL..........I think my boy, given the choice of bollocks and showing, or no bollocks and chasing a lure might just go for the latter! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that 3rd pic...........Is that one of the Borzoi's or an Afghan?

Star and Archie xxxxxxx :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

(In case you think I'm potty, he is at work, I'm at home, first time I've seen them too:blink: )

Great photos :thumbsup:

Joanna said:
I love that 3rd pic...........Is that one of the Borzoi's or an Afghan?

Borzoi.

Is that Digger in the one just below the Saluki?

Elizabeth

Yes it is Digger, Elizabeth. He ran well as always.......He must score top marks for enthusiasm

Joanna said:
Yes it is Digger, Elizabeth. He ran well as always.......He must score top marks for enthusiasm
Thought it was!

I'm glad I didn't run ours actually, the vet found the torn muscle in his groin today. Although he seems to be walking normally, he'll be off the track and anywhere near bunnies for a couple of weeks :'(

moriarte said:
Joanna said:
Thought it was!

I'm glad I didn't run ours actually, the vet found the torn muscle in his groin today. Although he seems to be walking normally, he'll be off the track and anywhere near bunnies for a couple of weeks :'(

Ouch, just as well he didn't risk it. If September is Newbury, (and Rae can come with Star), we will be going again then, hopefully meet up :thumbsup:

Jo

Well done Archie!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: & Star :wub: :wub:

And some lovely photos there Lloyd, can't wait to see the rest :thumbsup:

terrific photos , love the one of the Saluki , really unusual angle :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back