The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are The Bwra Champs At Morton On The Marsh

DavidH said:
always thought the rising sun would make a good venue, nice track, club, not to sure about toilets/showers. plenty of caravan parking.?????
rising sun, great track, good size club, footballers have a new shower block now. sadly nowhere for caravans.

Last edited by a moderator:
north,south,east or west some1 is going to moan,why not let the scottish people have a crack at it

images.jpg

where ever it is at most people will make it to be there. no matter if its lands end or north of scotland. in ireland or in wales.

anyway i no i nice little venue on the spanish coast!!!! :oops:

D.Dan said:
i dont fancy towing caravan to morton on marsh either, but what about the scottish people,oh sorry they don;t get thought about.old hall don;t allow camping,but we will get to know the month before.i do feel sorry for the scottish they always seem to get the short straw. :oops:   :oops:

think we want to know where they are going to be held at within the next 4/6weeks or all the sites will be fully booked at bank holliday time.

this just a thought but if they were to be held at old hall would it be possible to use swallowsnest as a camp site and travle down to old hall to race. :))

will swallowsnest be available. proven can handle big events :thumbsup:

i'll get u maz u mackem fool just wait lol 8) :thumbsup:

D.Dan said:
i dont fancy towing caravan to morton on marsh either, but what about the scottish people,oh sorry they don;t get thought about.old hall don;t allow camping,but we will get to know the month before.i do feel sorry for the scottish they always seem to get the short straw. :oops:   :oops:

maz40 said:
maz40 said:
unwanted said:
oopppppppssssssss
looks just like decca after a few drinks lol :oops: :cheers:

i wouldnt mind travelling to scotland or swallowsnest

i like both ive forgot the way to old hall i just found my way then they moved it lol :clown:

have it in scotland o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:) o:)

Just a pity theres no facilities at ayrshire great place i,ll vote for scotland kirkaldy is fine. always made to feel welcome in scotland brill people and atmosphere , :thumbsup:

Quote from John G

this just a thought but if they were to be held at old hall would it be possible to use swallowsnest as a camp site and travle down to old hall to race. End of Quote

Why would we want to move from a perfectly good track and a good camping venue to race at another track some 50 odd miles away each day.

john m said:
Quote from John Gthis just a thought but if they were to be held at old hall would it be possible to use swallowsnest as a camp site and travle down to old hall to race. End of Quote

Why would we want to move from a perfectly good track and a good camping venue to race at another track some 50 odd miles away each day.

because john, the bwra don't want swallowsnest or they would have been in touch with the new fed.

as for having the champs in scotland or devon winning a title would'nt mean anything as you proballby would'nt have all the best dogs competing. i have nothing against these clubs but the champs have to held more central.

I agree with you John, they should be central. i just hope they dont decide on Thurrock as they did with the Jack Cadman, without consulting the regional reps . Whatever happens the regional reps & members should be consulted befor a venue is decided upon.

JOHNG said:
john m said:
Quote from John Gthis just a thought but if they were to be held at old hall would it be possible to use swallowsnest as a camp site and travle down to old hall to race. End of Quote

because john, the bwra don't want swallowsnest or they would have been in touch with the new fed.

as for having the champs in scotland or devon winning a title would'nt mean anything as you proballby would'nt have all the best dogs competing. i have nothing against these clubs but the champs have to held more central.

hav it in newcastle then thats where the most clubs are based,,,,,,,,dont expect them ever to be held in scotland ,,,,thats just the way it is,,and will be

its gotta be central to keep it even :thumbsup: they need to find a track and nail it down or we may get the same thing each year :( good luck in finding a decent venue :luck:

The Jack Cadman has never been held in Thurrock just the IBM and you were at the AGM John when I suggested that the IBM should be put back more central for the sake of the members it's just a pity that a lot of other members don't see it that way.

It was hard to hear anything at the agm but twice Pauline tried to tell the room Old hall could not hold the championships.

As a rep I am getting angrey with the lack of communication between the committee and reps. It is time the bwra had there own central track for big events with camping facilities or this problem will just go on every year.

As regards the lack of communication between the committee and reps. Why cant we have a chat room once a month, where the committee could relay news to the reps, and the reps could ask questions from the members, as it should be.

One question I am being asked - " if Morton had been booked after the agm in november, why has it only just come to light that it is not available, almost four months later"

How do I reply to that ? The reps can only do there job if thay know what is going on.

:oops:

Our club at Thurrock booked Moreton-in-the-Marsh in the middle of last year for a week-end event and I was even asked to arrange for our Public Liability Insurance to cover the venue and everything would then be in place, only to find out just recently that it had been supposedly double booked which came as quite a shock especially as some of our members had booked accommodation if they did not have caravans which was very disappointing for all concerned.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back