The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are The Bwra Champs At Morton On The Marsh

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Either the Morton in the Marsh Sports Council are the most inefficient council ever (booking these events and then months after suddenly cancelling) or their is something darker afoot????

Is there a pedigree racing club that runs at this venue?

rocky said:
Either the Morton in the Marsh Sports Council are the most inefficient council ever (booking these events and then months after suddenly cancelling) or their is something darker afoot????
I would bet that on these days that have been cancelled they will be holding an invisable man convention.

Those that do the bookings for this ground must be complete numskulls having taken bookings so long ago and only just seeing that they have been double booked, or as rocky says " something darker afoot".

hav it in newcastle then thats where the most clubs are based,,,,,,,,dont expect them ever to be held in scotland ,,,,thats just the way it is,,and will be

only two clubs in newcastle now the rising sun & bigges maine and neither of these cud hold a weekend event.

Sheila after reading your comments and this would apply to the BWRA too, there does seem to be "more to it than double bookings" - SOUNDS MORE LIKE SABORTAGE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS TO ME!!!!!!! :rant: :rant:

Taking bookings last year and then suddenly being told you can't have it - well IMO there is something very "fishy" afoot. :- "

Sheila after reading your comments and this would apply to the BWRA too, there does seem to be "more to it than double bookings" - SOUNDS MORE LIKE SABORTAGE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS TO ME!!!!!!! :rant: :rant:

Taking bookings last year and then suddenly being told you can't have it - well IMO there is something very "fishy" afoot. :- "

aw006m7593 said:
The Jack Cadman has never been held in Thurrock just the IBM and you were at the AGM John when I suggested that the IBM should be put back more central for the sake of the members it's just a pity that a lot of other members don't see it that way.
don't want to cause an argument but

the jack cadman was held there in june 2005.

JOHNG said:
aw006m7593 said:
The Jack Cadman has never been held in Thurrock just the IBM and you were at the AGM John when I suggested that the IBM should be put back more central for the sake of the members it's just a pity that a lot of other members don't see it that way.
don't want to cause an argument but

the jack cadman was held there in june 2005.

it was indeed oscars pride won it!!!

ask someone from the ped club bet they know don't believe for one moment its down to double booking

I would hope that SABORTAGE is not the reason for lossing morton, and if the bwra commiittee think for one moment it could be the reason ,they should do all they can to find out who and why...and if so act on it

Lets face it good venues are hard to come by and we need to make sure we keep them

Last edited by a moderator:
Why cant the country be split in half around Birmingham the north run off to get class winners and likewise the south then it could be a run off all over in the one day North -V South that would dso away with camping and all that goes with it

steve

Back to the idea of some sort of a regional run off Karen, even if only two regions,North and South, and of course it would work fine but then a drop in revenue from camping fees and programmes would be a blow. But i for one agree with you Karen if they could be split into some sort of fair numbers.

john m said:
Back to the idea of some sort of a regional run off Karen, even if only two regions,North and South, and of course it would work fine but then a drop in revenue from camping fees and programmes would be a blow. But i for one agree with you Karen if they could be split into some sort of fair numbers.

Sorry John its Steve not Karen XXXXX

you need the weekends as the revenue would be a big boost and main sort of income for some of the clubs that would maybe stage these championships.

piglet said:
you need the weekends as the revenue would be a big boost and main sort of income for some of the clubs that would maybe stage these championships.
All a club gains from these events is rubbish dumped in the bushes

tanyia said:
piglet said:
All a club gains from these events is rubbish dumped in the bushes

well think these few should be singled out if they do anything wrong. why do a select few spoil whippet racing???

Can anyone tell me how many dogs were at last years champs up to 32lb not the big dogs

And how many on bitch day up to 32lb

Last edited by a moderator:
The run offs and the champs could be held as a part of a weekend event, but at the moment being able to get a track for a weekend event for the championship is causing all the problems, I think it is prudent to look for other solutions in case no track is forthcomming.

Sheila, the Jack Cadman was changed to Thurrock in 2005 , without consultation with the regional reps or the members. [just decided upon by the commitee]

I just hope this doesnt happen with the CH/SHIPS.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back