The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Askern

milly

Who's Y Daddy?
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Who's coming to Askern this sunday? The track was good today grading time 4 greyhounds was 13.70 :thumbsup:

YES WE HOPING TO BE THERE HAVENT SEEN IT YET SINCE DONE :thumbsup:

yeah what time does the racing start and how many dogs are entered.

hop u get a good turn out i wont be there as i dont really have a bend dog and we r hoping to re open the rising sun on sunday oh and its my birthday so i may be a hungover lol good luck with the open though. :luck:

We will be there.

13.70 you say - wonder how many will be making/breaking the grade time on Sunday.

I think weigh in is 'till 11am.

:thumbsup: i'll be there if i can get her corns sorted and a bit of weight off 34lb at the moment :- "

Advert in W/N says weigh in 'till 12pm.

Big Becky eh lol mind I can talk it wasn't so long ago that the scales read Blaze @ 32½lb :b

yeah, i'll be there with mad max, although i think he might have eaten too much christmas pudding :b lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Be a large (no pun intended) 36lb scratch class at this rate lol !!!

sparky said:
I would guess the racing will start about 1 to 1.30, how many dogs entered ! your guess is as good as mine :blink:

milly said:
sparky said:
I would guess the racing will start about 1 to 1.30, how many dogs entered ! your guess is as good as mine :blink:

MALTBY WRC. present additional bend racing at Askern Stadium

Sunday 8th january 2006

4 weight groups yd/lb over 225 metres

Up to 20lb,24lb,28lb,32lb dogs &bitches sep.

Vets up to 24lb,up to 32lb all in

Also 36lb,40lb&No Limitscr. 100%payout.Plus added prize money.

Weigh in until 12 noon. Please note no dogs in stadium till 12.30.

Tele Dennis on 01709 587783 :thumbsup:

is there any scratch vets,if not can any dog run in the event

Dont think we will make it but will send our donation down with debbie and ricky....all the best i hope you all have a good day

Doesn't mention scratch vets in the ad Neil,but you can run any dog as long as it isn't a greyhound. :thumbsup:

sounds good to me, its only a 20 minute drive so i might make one in :thumbsup:

How do I get to Askern, I know its up the A1 somewhere.

Another 40 minutes on from Blyth roundabout.

A1 Pontefract turnoff, you turn off just before an overhead bridge. Take first right after turnoff, over motorway bridge and the take the left after the bridge. Follow the road to the end then turn left into Campsall. Follow the main road through the village and out the other side past the Sport Centre on your right and continuing to the very end of the road (you will be opposite a motorbike place). Turn left, drive past the garage, over the railway line and the track is on your left hand side in the middle of a row of Bungalows. If you reach a roundabout you have gone too far.

Hope everyone has a good day. Hope no one falls and I dont mean the dogs. Asken have a habbit of denying things. :( :( :( :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back