The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

askern

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
nwrf racing at askern will be run over 280mtrs and dogs will be running to inside lure,i asked if we could run 400mtrs but had no joy :p

??? hes only joking folks bout 400m so you can calm down :D

:angry: WELL ANOTHER COCK-UP, :angry: I HAVE BEEN SCHOOLING MY DOG TO THE OUTSIDE HARE NOW THE FED CHANGE TO INSIDE,WHY CHANGE WHEN THERE IS ONLY 4 WEEKS TO THE CHAMPION SHIPS,IF ASKERN CAN"T RUN TO OUTSIDE HARE WHY DONT THEY USE A TRACK THAT CAN LIKE EASINGTON ???

Well said John and apparantly the Fed never voted on it, a certain few on the committee decided to change it off thier own backs.

I don't know one way or another, however if your dogs 1st run with an inside lure is at Championship, I would have to say there will a slight hesitation, and with the traps being on the bend, this would no doubt cost any 1st timers a fair bit...

So, IMHO the dogs used to the track at Askern will certainly have 'HOME' advantage, untill the others have had a run or two...and by then it'll be too late...

Still, I know most people will go anyhow...

Paul

??? no paul we racers that have run at askern on a thursday night havent got any advantage because we have been running from 200m to the outside lure, so we are just like everyone else. I can see NWRF point that it is safer to use the inside lure because of where the traps are, but we will wait and see like everyone else, hope to see you all there ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
??? IF THE FED THINK IT IS UNSAFE TO RUN TO THE OUTSIDE HARE WHY ON EARTH DID THEY PICK ASKERN,THEY MUST KNOW EVERYONE IS RUNNING THERE DOGS TO OUTSIDE HARE,IF THIS IS TRUE I"LL SAY AGAIN :angry: WHAT A COCK-UP :angry:

P.S. WHAT"S WRONG WITH HIGHGATE

Last edited by a moderator:
??? LITTLE BOYS SHOULD BE SEEN AND NOT HEARD ???

what is that supposed to mean?! it sounds like somthing from the 1940's... :w

it doenst take much to pick up a phone and ask if u have an enqiery (or write a letter).

i was only making a suggestion and i think i deserve more respect to be honest. :angry:

and if the hare has been switched to the inside, im sure it was in the best intrest of everyones dogs safety.

i agree with u paul we shud be grateful that we have a track and that the feds hav thought bout our dogs safety and have made a sensible desicion to change to inside hare, if ur dog hasnt run to inside why dont u got to the golden jackets at askern before the champs to give ur dogs the experience, most of us are in the same boat we have all been trailin on outside so go to the opens and run inside. :D

i know what u mean, its like everyone has the same disadvantage :p ....thus being fair in an alkward way

hi manda here

yes we should be grateful we have a track to run on,and also like somebody else said we are all in the same boat,us that go to askern on a thursday have been running to outside hare so our dogs are`nt used to it either.

as for fed deciding about it among themselves that isnt true it was put to the vote on thursday night at askern what everyone wanted to do and we all decided that it would be safer to run inside hare.

doubt it dont think paul and alison wud av travelled all that way but i cud b wrong?? whos on the comittee now anyways just lyn + dave+ tony + yvonne +paul and alison thats it isnt it???

manda here, no im not saying all the comittee was there but a decision had to be made so that askern knew what they was doing and a decision was made, at the end of the day nobody is saying that you have to run your dog its your own choice.

you tell em mand,lolbut you right a decision had to be made quick and the people that were at askern agreed to use inside lure,FOR SAFETY :angry:

yeah i no that but wudnt it have been better to have let the members vote, so that not just 1 or 2 people makin the decision, then there cudnt b much complaints cos then the members wud have voted to run and in what way.

if you dont like running inside then dont,i can remember same arguments when it went outside lure

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back