The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

At Last

xEmiliex

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
At last lily is having a season yay shes 23 months now and its here first season do anyone know if i should mate her on this season or wait till the next one?so exciting i was so worried because she didnt have a season i thought something was wrong

emily , wioth her behaviour id really wait much longer before you breed from her? her family all have excellent temps so i would put my neck on line saying it wasnt a breeding trait or fault , id really get her much more settled and better behaved before even thinking of breeding her, what would happen if someone knocked on the door and she went at a puppy just to get your attention?

at end of phone if you want any help hun :huggles:

Emily - can I ask WHY you want to breed from her?

First you were rehoming her, advertisement placed below

i'm rehoming my whippet bitch she must go to a home that is use to problem dogs someone that has time for her she has huge issues of being left alone shes great with children and other animals i'm looking for a good home for her somewhere that has alot of space for her to run around and play prefer her not to go to someone with young children not because she isnt good with them shes great but i think she needs someones full time maybe a family with older children if you are interested please email me and we can have a chat must not be near where we live i wont let her go to no one who lives in a flat as she needs space i'm rehoming her as i dont have time to deal with her issues as i have two young children soon to be three young children and she needs more time

And now unbelievably you are advertising all over the place for a stud dog to put to her.

I think you REALLY, REALLY to sit back, be COMPLETELY realistic and take a good LONG LOOK at what you are proposing to do.

For what it's worth, I don't think you should be even remotely considering having a litter - 1. given your present circumstances and 2. you need to sort out the bitches problems first - that SHOULD be the most important thing.

I am NOT saying it is the idea but I sincerely hope you are not doing this for the money you could potentially get for the pups.

from what i have read on breading (not very much, just from here) you should wait till they have had a few seasons and also untill there about 3years.

as i am not a breader this is just what iv picked up from being nosie on threads, so it might not be right :unsure:

but from my point of view (pet owner) as i have just got my first 2 whippet pups, i would never have bought them from someone whos bitch had behavioral problems :b

that is 100% the first thing we looked for when going to see our pups for the first time, we looked at what the mum was like with us and her family.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back