The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Autoimmune Disease

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I absolutely agree that " tinternet" should be a used in this context as a research tool, some Gp vets may not have come in to contact with some of the manifestations of immune system failure, sometimes an owner may just suggest something that turns out to be correct. Also the articles I have linked to are written by people with years of experience in living with as well treating dogs with these conditions, as we all know there is nothing like experience in a single field to gain knowledge.

Im just not sure that these discussions on the interpretation of " autoimmune" have any real merit here does it really matter ?

Hello Noise

My Giant Schnauzer has systemic lupoid onychodystrophy or SLO for short. It is an autoimmune disease that can affect any dog. We went to the vet when she became lame with loose claws. If this is the same as your whippet I have a years experience of this worrying illness. Dont be disheartened, Meg is much better than she was a year ago and I am happy to share any information with you.

PS Greyhounds are particularly affected by SLO for some reason.

Granny Mo
Hi my boy has been diagnosed with this he is now been on 25 mg steroids for the past 3 weeks.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back