The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

B......d Fireworks

mutley

THE KING
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just threatened to kill the neighbors letting fireworks of right next door :rant: took 6 of my kennel roof why do they sell gunpowder to nob heads arghhhhhhhh all quiet now :- " got a bitch due to whelp tonight too f.....n idiots

:rant: idiots

Go to bed Gaz chances of her giving birth after that tonight NO WAY

I know where the fireworks will go if I catch any of the darling yobs this year :- "

:oops: another asbo coming my way

tanyia said:
:rant:   idiotsGo to bed Gaz chances of her giving birth after that tonight NO WAY

I know where the fireworks will go if I catch any of the darling yobs this year  :- "

:oops:   another asbo coming my way

ya shudnt live in such a rough area!!

They are going off here too. Robbie has to be sedated for firework night, but looks like he will be sedated for 3 night in a row :( :angry: , the 5th Nov is a Monday so look's like a full weekend and the Monday :(

Robbie has been okay so far :cheers: , the tv is up to full volume :- "

Im dreding the 5th as Colt is caged 24/7 due to the accident and Robbie will be sedated,,,and in a cage :( they should be BANNED :D :rant: :rant:

Gizmo does not bother about fireworks :thumbsup: , but Robbie hates them :( :(

Hope your wee lass is okay :thumbsup: and she has her pups without the bangs :cheers:

anth74 said:
tanyia said:
:rant:   idiotsGo to bed Gaz chances of her giving birth after that tonight NO WAY

I know where the fireworks will go if I catch any of the darling yobs this year  :- "

:oops:   another asbo coming my way

ya shudnt live in such a rough area!!

:p :D It was a nice area till we moved in.

Our youngsters will go in the garden to watch the fireworks, but im really worried for Josie this year poor old girl.

And it's only 13th October! What's the matter with 'em??

We live in the middle of nowhere with fields full of stock all round us and yet the people who live in the next house up the lane kept having a firework session every 5th November in their garden.

The b - - - - y rocket sticks used to land on my stable roof and scare the horses half to death.

Last year it was all quiet ......... Why?? Because the year before, 2005, they had friends round who brought more (bigger and noisier) fireworks with them. I had to go and ask them to stop because of the terror it was causing my animals.

I also rang my friend who lives further up the lane to let her know to check her horses.

In the morning, my friend went to let her dogs out and found her husband's beautiful 9 month old lurcher, Odie, with a broken hind leg. He must have been panicking with the firework noise and got his leg caught in the old armchair he slept in. The vet said it was too badly broken to do anything about and, very sadly, Odie was PTS.

The people who let the fireworks off were desperately sorry and have never let a firework off again. They admitted it was sheer ignorance on their part as they moved here from town and didn't appreciate how scared animals can get.

IMO fireworks should only be supplied, under licence, to controlled displays and not for sale to the general public. They are all accidents waiting to happen :rant: :rant:

Totally agree JinnyFizz. I too have horses and cats, as well as my dogs and it is such a worry with all of them. We live in a lovely country village, but unfortunately, as with you, some of the people who live here have come from towns and have no idea about animals etc. Last year the stupid idiots let off fireworks at the back of our garden whilst my dogs were still out!! Needless to say, I had three dogs who didn't mind fireworks, that now are absolutely terrified. Even if a hissing noise comes on the TV around that time they all start shaking. I was sooo cross :rant: :rant:

Why can't they ban them and just have one or two large events for each local town that people can go to?? Makes no sense to me :rant: :rant: :rant:

i dont even think they should be available at all...license or not ! they are stupid and total waste of money. theres nothing worse than halloween noise syndrome. i know everyone has lit a firework but when you reach a certain age you realise its a pile of crap...my dogs and cats are scared to death...even our pony hides.

I have to sedate Beau for Nov 5th but I do object to the ***** around us who have been setting them off since September. :rant:

:rant: :rant:

I hope the bitch is ok Gary I have 2 pups and they were really upset they were shaking and jumping everytime there was a big bang

} I dont know if its me in my old age but are the bangs getting louder the rockets zoom up and light the sky

Last year a big rocket landed on my conserverty roof and made a big hole it cought have easily set the place on fire

they should not be allowed to sell them until a few days before bonfire night the shops are full of them

I thought thay had bought some sort of law out regards sale of fireworks

hope everything goes ok for you

:blink: I live near near Bradford a city with a high population of Asians. Fireworks are used at EVERY occasion, so we have to suffer them continuously throughout the year. Each year they seem to get bigger and louder :rant: (sometimes its like being in a war zone) Im lucky the g/hounds dont bother about them but Ozzy has got it all to come. My sisters dogs suffer so bad that she usually goes away around bonfire night and New Year - usually to somewhere remote in Scotland!. :thumbsup:

no pups yet don im on maternal duty while dees at highgate :( it stayed quiet after my rant at the neighbours i think the part about shoving the next firework up his arsse did the trick :D they should be banned and just have organised displays but the sale to the public brings in too much revenue for this goverment :rant: you can sell gunpowder to kids and idiots but if you chase a hare or shoot a rabit your f......d just about sums this goverment up id say :rant:

MY FRIEND HAD HER STABLES SET ON FIRE AND LOST TWO OF HER BELOVED HORSES :rant: SHOULD BE BLOODY BANNED IN MY OPINION HOPE YOUR BABIES ARRIVE SAFELY :thumbsup:

hope the babies arrive safely gaz. good luck :luck: i wish they wud bloody ban fireworks totally too! hasnt been 2 bad round here.......yet! :(

mutley said:
just threatened to kill the neighbors letting fireworks of right next door  :rant: took 6 of my kennel roof why do they sell gunpowder to nob heads arghhhhhhhh all quiet now :- "  got a bitch due to whelp tonight too f.....n idiots
Letting em off last week here, im dreading it, jill couldnt care less, in fact she stands at the window to watch, but sally my goldie trembles like the clappers, and i cant console her, im no spoil sport by no means, but public events are the places not back yards, hope your bitch is ok

keith

kris said:
have to say my lot arent botherd by them but i feel for people whos pets are. :( theres been a lot of recent legislation re fireworks.you cant let them off before 7 am and after 11 pm and theres a lot of other new laws about them.some are on here  http://www.nsca.org.uk/pages/environment_f...rework_laws.cfm
Laws, folks around here dont give a monkies about laws Kris, they were letting em off here last week at 1 in the morning

keith

the laws shit they dont care :rant: anyway grace went into labour at 3 pm so fingers crossed :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back