The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Ballywalter Game Fair N. Ireland

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had a great day today meeting up with all our whippet, lurcher and terrier friends :) and also had some success at the whippet showing and racing!Congratulations to all the winners, sorry don't have all the names. Here's a pic of me with Renoir who won the overall whippet show champion, and Janet with Vixen who won the whippet racing. Thanks to the NL&RC for the beautiful rosettes and trophies.

BWalter09ShowRaceChamps.jpg

Well done to you both,they are looking fab :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great pics Deirdre :thumbsup: and looks like you've got sommat a bit special in Diego, Rose :thumbsup: Well Done,look forward to reading how he does as he matures :thumbsup:

I had a great weekend at Ballywalter & especially with Diego & Zola,lol.. :D was so proud off them both.. :thumbsup: it was nice to meet up with everyone again & nice to meet up with the NLRC gang, use did ur best with the grounds & ran a great show.. :thumbsup: WELLDONE to all the winners & competitors.. :thumbsup:

Great pix mum,LOL... :p 8)

Rose :)

Last edited by a moderator:
am surprised to see a message from Urchin. I believe she has a whippet Digit who is a half-brother of one of my dogs (and Keith's Jill also has the same sire as our dogs). I was off to Scotland, racing only one dog. He wasn't the biggest dog running, but they do have a strict 21" height limit in ped whip racing, and many whippets were so tiny they looked like a different breed (or variety anyway). My dog won the cons semifinal, but was only 3rd in the final after making a poor start and gamely trying to catch up -- probably would do better if he had more practice with the traps. Seems you had a good weekend at Ballywalter; we had a good weekend at Kincardine too.

Hi Macha - you have a good memory, I do indeed have Digit! :D

Sadly he wasn't at Ballywalter with me as we were only over for the weekend.....but hopefully we'll have a big enough car to bring all the dogs with us soon.

I'll PM you next time we are coming over for a game fair (could be Shanes Castle???) and we'll see if we can meet up :D and if you're you're over for any in England let me know!

We stopped at the beach on the way home, which im sure a few of you did :D Paris, Zola and Diego had a great time :D

A few pics :D

DSCF4369.jpg

DSCF4353.jpg

DSCF4354.jpg

DSCF4337.jpg

DSCF4338.jpg

DSCF4340.jpg

DSCF4359.jpg

DSCF4363.jpg

DSCF4358.jpg

DSCF4347.jpg

DSCF4346.jpg

DSCF4345.jpg

The dogs just love the beach :thumbsup:

boy it was a muddy weekend allright but good company and well organized event .

well done to all you entered their dogs in the showing and raceing.

love looking at the photos

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back