The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

banned

andy foster

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After just reading my whippet news proposals i have just noticed that i am banned from running in the vet championships in august,as my bitch is not a racing champion.As i would have liked to defend my vet top ten in 1994 i am been ripped of a possible 19pts meaning i would have to win an extra 3 supremes at a normal open just to catch up.I pay my membership like everybody else yet none RCHvets are banned at this event,i personely think this outdated ruling should never have been voted on. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I know how you feel andy, when we used to get over thirty RCh Vets racing for the sidewinder salver it made winning this trophy realy special. but now we are lucky to get 10 vets and only half will have titles, so whoever wins now will not have to beat many dogs. Lets use common sence and let as many as possible run we are not in a land of plenty when it comes to any racing dog never mind vets.

Let them all run thats what i say.

Posted by peter.

I think you will find that to balance out the effect of only having R/ch vets running for the sidewinder trophy, another vet trophy has been put on for Non R/ch only

:D

hi andy,

i would of thought that cilla would

still be able too run in the sidewinder saunter

as since the ruling has been changed back to

racing champions and cilla gain that this year

in the vets.

debbie

Debbie i never got a title this year and as far as putting a different trophy on for none champs it counts for nothing as they are split.Why should a none champ have to suffer if they are good enough to make the numbers up the rest of the season why be punished at the biggest event of the year.When the sidewinder was introduced you never ran for a vet title but now you do,so if you win a title none champ against none champ it wont be worth the paper it is written on.I am quite willing to buy a new trophy for the event as long as the vets all run together.As you might have noticed on my other post i put 1994 i meant 2004 the ten year difference is about how outdated the ruling is.If i have upset anybody i apologise but 128 have upset me by voting for it. :angry: :angry: :angry:

:(

sorry andy i thought she got her class.

as for voting i gave mine to craig to post

and later found them in the street so my

votes were not sent in im sorry but on

the numbers for this daft proposal they

would not have made a difference.like

you say there is not enough dogs to

make the numbers up and split.

debbie

:angry: A DAFT PROPOSAL :angry:

IF SOMEONE PUTS A TROPHY ON AND SAYS IT AS TO BE RUN FOR IN A PARTICULAR FORMAT i.e. RCHs ONLY THEN IT"S NOT UP TO THE MEMBERS TO CHANGE THAT FORMAT I PERSONALLY WOULD"NT LIKE IT ,THE SIDEWINDER AS BEEN RUN FOR RCHs FOR AS LONG AS I CAN REMEMBER ,IF IT WHERE TO CHANGE I THINK THE CHANGE SHOULD BE DONE BY THE COMMITTEE NOT THE MEMBERS ;)

Hi John,

I must admit i agree with you on this one. If someone gives a trophy and states what it is to be run for i think thats what should happen. It is a shame if you have a good veteran that has never managed to get Rch status but would run well with the veterans in the Sidewinder but it was always for Rch's only and sorry but i feel that is what it should be for.

My personal opinion only but if i donated a trophy and stated what it was to be run for i wouldn't be well chuffed if someone decided to change it.

Karen

I agree the trophy was put on for RCH but you never ran for vet titles then that is the problem and i dont think you ran for points either,and i think the racing has been better over the last 2 seasons while there was a change.

:D hello, i have to agree with john and karen on this one .....

the Sidewinder Trophy was put on for R.Chs & i think this ruling should be stuck to. R.Chs have earned their right to run for this prestigious trophy.

A seperate trophy should be put on for non R.Chs

:( I DID PROPOSE TO HAVE A VETERAN RACE FOR NON-CHAMPS TO COUNT FOR TOP TEN POINTS BUT WAS TOLD IT WAS NOT WORKABLE, ;) DON"T KNOW WHY MAYBE TO MUCH WORK LOAD FOR THE WEEK-END ;)

Just as i said earlier a kick in the teeth for none champions,not allowed to run and a possible 19pts at stake.I thought open racing was about putting best against best and if you dont that is why there is club racing, no point in Lorraine myself and kids going to melton in august if i have nothing to run,as i like to compete like everyone else.A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

I am sure if you propose it next year there will be put on a VETERAN CHAMIONSHIPS at the same time as the PUPPY AND YEARLING CHAMPIONSHIPS then you can compete for a Veteran title, the name of the event after all is the Sidewinder Saunter not the Veteran Championships, or follow the example of the scratch championships and make your own veteran championship event. I personally have to agree with Karen and Pat, John etc. the dogs that run the Sidewinder Saunter deserve the recognition of what they achieved. You can always put your dog into the championships like all the other non-title winners and under fives, there are plenty of dogs that run there now who may not win a title but deserve to make the appearance and try their hardest to gain the recognition that the Sidewinder Veterans have gained.

Oh ... and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO :p

I am sure if you propose it next year there will be put on a VETERAN CHAMIONSHIPS at the same time as the PUPPY AND YEARLING CHAMPIONSHIPS then you can compete for a Veteran title, the name of the event after all is the Sidewinder Saunter not the Veteran Championships, or follow the example of the scratch championships and make your own veteran championship event. I personally have to agree with Karen and Pat, John etc. the dogs that run the Sidewinder Saunter deserve the recognition of what they achieved. You can always put your dog into the championships like all the other non-title winners and under fives, there are plenty of dogs that run there now who may not win a title but deserve to make the appearance and try their hardest to gain the recognition that the Sidewinder Veterans have gained.

Oh ... and a HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU TOO :p

So this year there will be no vet titles available as not all veterans can run,only vets that have already got titles,never thought about that have you.Or is it a case of keep it in the family if you get my drift.When you say what dogs have achieved, by getting a title is that not sometimes down to luck on the day.

Do you like repeating yourself fleesh ??? or is there a virus on the go :8 :p

andy..........there is a lot of hard work goes into getting a whippet to peak performance as you probably know, yes a little luck on the day does help, not sure what you mean by "keep it in the family" though... ;)

:D HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also like to say that a lot of GOOD DOGS never get a title, some due to seasons and some for many other reasons......... but you can't knock the dogs that do get titles, they have earned the right to race in the Sidewinder Saunter and good luck to them all i say :D :p

I forgot to mention how can you have a veteran top ten if none champs cant run for the 19pts on offer at the sidewinder,is this not another disadvantage. NOT ALLOWED TO RUN,NO MORE VET TITLES FOR NONE CHAMPS AND BEEN RIPPED OFF A POSSIBLE 19PTS THATS WHAT I MEAN BY KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY "RCH".

HI EVERYONE

I THINK THE SIDEWINDER SHOULD BE SCRAPED IF NON CHAMPS CAN NOT RUN, WHIPPET RACING IS STILL LIVING IN THE PAST THERE ARE NOT ENOUTH DOGS TO RUN IN IT WITH JUST CHAMPS. THERE ARE TO MENY PEOPLE LEAVING THE SPORT AS IT IS, MOST OF THE NEW PEOPLE IN THE TIME IV BEEN IN THE SPORT DO NOT LET THERE DOGS BE RE HOMED AT THE END OF THERE RACING LIFE AND STILL INJOY RACING IN THE VETS. IE MYSELF BEING ONE. MY DOG BLACK DIP WON TWO VET TITLES THIS YEAR ONE AT THE BWRA AND ONE AT THE FED BENDS. HE ALWAYS MADE THE FINALS DURING HES RACING LIFE AT THE BWRA

CHAMPS ALWAYS THIRD EVERY DOG HAS HES DAY, SO WHY TAKE THIS AWAY FROM DOGS IN THE FUTURE IF YOU DONT BEAT A CHAMP THIS MEANS NOTHING TO ANYONE.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back