Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Beautiful, Kind Black Greyhound Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greytsaluki

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Meet the beautiful, kind and handsome Mattie.

Erinhoundsmattiefronthead.jpg

Mattie is a gorgeous big black greyhound, who is 3 years old. He is currently residing in one of our foster homes and is proving himself to be a sweet and extremely kind soul. Having only previously known racing can be sensitive and a bit of a worrier in new situations but with love and reassurance he gives you love back tenfold and you can't help but fall in love with him.

Since being in foster care Mattie has been an extremely kind boy - a gentle giant! He is not the bravest of greyhounds so would need a nice calm home and may benefit from living with another dog to help his confidence and learn about the big wide world. He has been clean in the house, non-destructive and is sociable when out and about. Initially Mattie was abit of a worrier when travelling in the car but with love and encouragement he has overcome this and is now a good traveler. He is now learning new experiences and soaking it all up, taking it all in his stride. When he feels confident, he is a happy and playful chap and it's such a pleasure to see. All he needs now is his forever home to continue his transition to the perfect pet hound.

His ideal home would be in a quiet, safe environment, possibly with another steady hound for companionship would be ideal. Mattie will flourish into a wonderful gentle boy, someone is going to be very lucky indeed to adopt him. No cats or very young children please.

Mattie is fully vaccinated, microchipped, de flead, wormed and neutered.

For more information or to discuss offering Mattie a home please contact -

Sue Coldock 01928 714558

or Victoria Lyon (Ireland) 00353 9496 59276

e-mail : robandtor@utvinternet.com

ErinHoundsmattieroaching.jpg

ErinHoundsmattieagain.jpg

View our website at:

http://erinhounds.immink.co.uk/index.htm

Hounds in our care currently looking for forever homes:

http://erinhounds.immink.co.uk/homeplease.htm

What a handsome boy hes lovely 8) im sure he wont be waiting too long for his forever home.

Beautiful boy :wub:

I do hope he finds a lovely warm forever sofa very soon :luck: :thumbsup:

I met two of your dogs (Sandy and Jez, I think) at the Widnes Vintage Rally last month and can wholly recommend these brave and beautiful hounds to anyone who has the room in their house and heart. Jez's story broke my heart and if I thought it would be best for him, I'd have reserved him there and then. I'm afraid my two young whippets would just be too much for him after what he's been through. I thought my dogs had deep eyes but there are so many stories in Jez's I literally had tears in mine.

I hope Mattie, Jez and the others get their forever homes soon and whoever gets them will be very lucky people. I'm glad there are people like you rescuing these deserving dogs.

Thank you Esty for your lovely words and everyone for their best wishes, they are much appreciated.

Esty I wasn't there that day myself I expect it was Pat or Sue whom you met. They have said Jez is a very broken dog at this stage, although he is slower rebuilding with his fosterers, Sue and Keith, they say of all the broken dogs they have had, Jez is the most shut down, yet, he so wants to open up. Jez is a prime example of what can happen with a stolen or lost dog. He has clearly lived in a house before. Victoria, the Irish based end of Erin, estimates that 90% of the lurchers she helps on their way to a new start are stolen/lost pets, dogs clearly used to living in a home environment. Non of these dogs have been microchipped and few neutered. It breaks your heart to see them this way, his foster parents are just wonderful and they take it slowly and nurture him with all the love and patience he could need.

I really hope that Mattie finds a lovely new home soon. The love they give back is so heartwarming and watching their personalities come out is sheer joy to see.

What a beautiful, kind, intelligent and down right lovely face he has Theres still no one home all day until the end of November or Ild be first in line. Please let us know how he gets on when he finds his forever home.

Sadly,

Judy

Thank you Judy :) , Mattie is still looking and I will indeed keep his thread updated for everyone. xx

what a handsome lad he is...fingers crossed he gets sorted with a loving home real soon x

THIS is why I avoid the K9 forum. Than goodness I have cats and a small child :D

Glad he found a home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back