The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Belvoir Castle

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
milly said:
tory said:
milly said:
congratulations.gif
well done to Keith & Darren Booth on winning the over 23" finals today with Ollie(Sugar Daddys litter brother) :thumbsup:

Sorry,don't know the winner of the unders,but well done anyway :thumbsup:

Unders winner was Kes (who is out of Pepsi the 2005 over 23" finals winner ) owned by David Shakespear

Well done Kes :thumbsup:

Vicky,am I right in thinking you bred this one,out of Colorado?

If so well done to you as well

Geoff Fletcher

Yes Geoff you are right :)

well done to dave,he deserves it and wish you all the luck in the coarsing tomorrow

Had a great day today saw loads of old friends,and some not so old too

Racing was a good run,with a climb in the middle.Jeff from Lurcherworld gathered all the racing qualifiers into an enclosure,so that there would be no hold ups,and believe it worked.Each individual heat competitors were then sent down to the beginning to run there race.This gave spectators the chance to see all the competitors before they ran.What I noticed straight away was the amount of dogs taking part,this amount grows steadily each year for Lurcherworld (Must be doing something right Jeff :thumbsup: )Now to the racing,unders were first.There was some good close races,with 1st and 2nd going through in each heat to a semi,and then we ended up with a 4 dog final.Becki and her Dad Stuart,had 3 dogs in the final,an achievment in its self :thumbsup: 2 of their dogs led all the way up the field,but David Shakspears Kez came with what I can only describe has a lightning (w00t) dash to take it by half a body on the line.

Well done Dave :thumbsup: (It was like watching Gemini Vicki,she finished like a train :thumbsup: )Overs racing next.All the owners were putting on this calm,not worried about the outcome attitude :lol: Didn't fool any of us spectators at all, they were bricking it :lol: The format was the same as the unders,which I was really pleased at,because in the first heat was the two dogs that I thought were the favourites for winning,John's Colt and Darrens Ollie.Got to tell you about this first heat,it was brill.Ollie led from the off,and by halfway was well ahead of Colt,then just as they hit the climb Colt started to come back at him by the time the ground levelled out he was only a length down,and by the time they hit the winning line,he was a head and neck up.John screemed :lol: What a race (w00t) Unfortunately though that was Colts last win,and as you've already read he's injured :( Plenty of time for recovery John,and let me know how he goes on)Back to the racing :lol: Darrens Ollie never put a foot wrong,he ran superbly to take the final :thumbsup: and you'ld have struggled to find a prouder young man on the field :thumbsup: so proud that he walked Ollie round the showground in his winning jacket.(Noticed he took off his own winning sash though :lol: )Well Done darren and family :thumbsup: Right thats me done :sweating: will end though by saying well done to everybody taking part your dogs were a credit to you all :thumbsup:

Forgot,lovely to see you again Jackie :thumbsup:

:D Karen

really lovely day may be back tomorrow :thumbsup: nice to meet some k9 members -- John and Colt a lovely dog and was walking better when we came away should think with the winter break he will be 100% for next year :thumbsup: nice to see Vicky again and meet Paul for the first time also Jackie and everyone else we spoke to today, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As anybody got ALL the runners & riders for yesterdays straight racing?

and you too Karen. jackie :huggles:

Just seen the semi-final on video :thumbsup:

PS.A speedy recovery to Colt :luck:

Well done to Simon on winning the simulated coursing today :D

milly said:
Well done to Simon on winning the simulated coursing today :D

just heard colts sister SLIP was reserve champ at simulated coursing....well done to stormys mate sammy !! :thumbsup:

Well Done Everyone. :D :cheers:

Wishing Colt a quick recovery, and well done to Slip

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back