The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bend Champs

jeffb

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I heard at aycliffe the other night that the bend championships n.w.r.f are at highgate this year and the venue as already been booked is this true and if it is,i am pleased the new commitee are thinking about the dogs safety as well as the location and facilitys for the owners

i heard thet highgate has had some improvments, including silica sand. and is second best whippet racing bend track to kinsley. wich is not available at the moment. and just as central as kinsley , give or take a few miles.... :))

:D i heard the same jeff,highgate is much better and safer than askern i would"nt run a raffle on that track never mind a whippet :thumbsup:

second best racing track for whippets (lol)

ive bin to highgate regulary and must say good luck to all that run cos in nearly every ghd race theres at least 1 or 2 dogs coming off with badly cut feet

yes there is new sand on the track and the bend after the finish line has been made wider but the sand is shit and is full of pebbles and a friend of mine found 8 pieces of glass just by walking from where you go on to the traps

so like i say i hope your dogs come off ok ,but i wouldnt hold your breath

well said Ritchie, but can you run a raffle there :p lol :oops:

if the running surface is that bad ,why is it going to be run there.comments about glass etc will put owners running there. the comments about askern last year the first bend ,i found out the hard way when atlanta was taken outand rolled halfway down the back straight.luckily she was ok,but comments about tracks makes me very cautious as the only luck i have is bad luck :(

dont worry dave iam sure it will be checked on first

:rant: askern has now been taken over by ziggy, who is very helpful and pleasant. the trtack has been overhauled and runs lovely. russ however does anything for a quick buck and doesnt care about you or your dogs, my dogs two of them have broken there hock and come off with bad feet, so good luck to you all in the bend champs and hope your dogs come off sound :thumbsup:

:) well its going to be fun for the new fed,if they run there opens at highgate and dogs come off hurt after they have been told the track is that bad,i.e greyhounds breaking hocks and cut feet, thats one of the reasons that the bwra moved from highgate whippets were coming off with cut feet, good luck all that would run on a track like that :b

the new fed has had it on good authority one persom been colin armstrong that the running serfice is spot on and he is there regular give it a rest -_- -_- -_

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a big rick no matter where you run a dog. Im sure the new committee will make sure its as safe as possible. Thats all thay can do , come on why keep picking holes. You have a choice if you think its unsafe dont run your dog.

:clown: why worry rowland ya banned from all anyway.

i agree tanya it is a risk where ever you run your dogs

i just thought you might like to the condition of the track that`s all :oops:

:) Hi Ritchie , yes its nice to be aware of the conditions. Im sure if the committee think it unsafe another venue would be found , Im not a lover of bend racing myself. I close my eyes if ours dogs are running :b

so if these allagations are true why are they still having greyhounds meetings :b on the track :D surely the greyhound men/woman would"nt risk there dogs coming off lame? 8)

well i think you all should be ashamed of your comments.

Highgate has always welcomed the Whippet community to the stadium - often against the views of the Greyhound community. There have been numerous attempts to offer integrated whippet racing in the race card for one meeting a week - however i am sure if you think the track is soooooooooooo bad then you wont actually care what Highgate has to offer.

The running surface at Highgate is very good and well maintained before every meeting and constantly throught the meeting when ever the whippets use the stadium.

I will be printing this out and forwarding it to Russ - lets hope when you run your finals at Askern that the current ratio of 10 races with at least 3 broken hocks per meeting and maybe the odd fatality of a dog going over the fence or even sliding down the wall on its stomach - DOES NOT take out any of your whippets.

small dogs for small minded people :D

TheBitch

thanks for your input, but its only one or two people who have slagged high gate most know what a good running surface it has, whippets have always been made welcome at high gate, i can tell you that the general feel of the nwrf champs been at high gate is very good and would like to thank Russ for letting the nwrf use the stadium ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@ The Bitch these 2 people on here pulling Highgate track down are only doing so because the last bend open they held themselves was at Asken, and got alot of flack over it from concerned whippet races, both these people wont be running at any NWRF event held there, as one is not in whippet racing any longer and the other is at the present time banned.

I do apologies to Highgate stadium, Russ and yourself for there slander.

I take it from your post that you race at highgate on a regular basis if so do you know the track record for the sprint.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back