The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bend Champs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
hi

comments regarding these 2 are taken and understood - i was informed that these comments had been posted and HAD to come and defend the track. I actually work at the track and have offered my services the previous whippet final - so i know how the track is prepared and maintained throughout the days racing for you guys.

If these people making the crap comments are actually part of the OLD committee of people running the whippet etc then they have some need to talk about people making a quick buck - they left staff on for wages when they had worked all day and this was one of the reasons why there was no video on the last event.

However if there are new people in charge then this can only be a good and possitive move for the club.

we have a really cool website and all the track records etc can be found here Highgate Web site if you are attending highgate you can send me information and i will add details to the site for you...?

the Bitch

DEE if you look at your records i AM REGISTERED WITH THE NEW NWRF

im not trying to put anyone off like i said injuries happen ANYWHERE

im just telling you what ive seen myself :oops:

ritchie said:
second best racing track for whippets (lol)ive bin to highgate regulary and must say good luck to all that run cos in nearly every ghd race theres at least 1 or 2 dogs coming off with badly cut feet

yes there is new sand on the track and the bend after the finish line has been made wider but the sand is shit and is full of pebbles and a friend of mine found 8 pieces of glass just by walking from where you go on to the traps

so like i say i hope your dogs come off ok ,but i wouldnt hold your breath
DEE if you look at your records i AM REGISTERED WITH THE NEW NWRF I'm not trying to put anyone off like i said injuries happen ANYWHERE

I'm just telling you what Ive seen myself

My mistake Richie yes you did register this year on a joint membership, and i did believe that you had sold all your whippets and gone into greyhound.

did you forget this post you made?

ive got simpson back and ive got a whippet ghd bitch also

cant make my mind up whether or not to register her tho :D

not sure what you mean about do i remember that post tho?? ;)

I was going to register the bitch until i heard that the fed was thinking of using highgate, but i might as well leave it until the straights start again

Are all future fed events going to be held there? or will the fed decide to alternate the venues?

;)

this is the whip/ghd bitch gary farmer bred her

she`s abit bigger now tho she was only 6 months on piccy

tig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice pup richie. ive seen all litter they all nice looking, glad to hear your coming back to sport

Please stick to the posting rules & on topic - k9 will not tolerate personal attacks, please report further posts to either Nigel or the non ped moderators.

Thanks

Vicky

its difficult enough to get greyhound tracks to accommodate whippets as it is . the NEW FED are doing the best they can and ITHINK THEYVE DONE A GOOD JOB in their first year on a shoe string budget for the members , whilst we are still waiting for the hand over of our equipment and funds from the old fed committee, there isn,t a track in the country that would suit everybody. even Kinsley didn,t suit a small minorty but thanks to the old fed the majority miss out again ...and thats not slander it is a fact

Thank you Lynda it has been hard and we have had alot of help from all ends of the country this year, it would of been nice to go back to Kingsley but after intense discussions we the committee have been sadly unable to heal the past rifts thats gone on.

Russ and his team over at Highgate have been more than helpful, its nice to be able to talk to good people like themselves

Also the NWRF committee have decided to put runner up trophies on at champs now and its all down to the support and help of members and peoples donations

Thank you all

and best of luck to everyone at the forthcoming bend champs

:b was not awear you had past rifts with kinsley :oops:

Perhaps Tony or Yvonne would like to tell everyone why Kinsley would not have them run an open there.

:) yes i would Yvonne not Tony, keith made more money from greyhounds on a sunday than the whippets he did'nt have to open the restaurant or pay so much in wages, if you would like to confirm what i'm saying then i will e-mail the number for keith and he can tell you himself, like he has others that have phoned, :cheers:

and it was not that he would not let us have opens there, infact he said we could stop there untill we got sorted with another track, which is what we did,

I have Keiths number.

He can make more money from greyhounds if he ran them in the afternoon.

Running whippets at Kinsley is a matter of good faith.

So... if someone offered Keith the same amount/more money he's taking with the greyhounds for an afternoon he'd let us go back on for an open? Will have to see if the NW can sort some sponsorship out then!!!

has anyone ever thought of westhoughton or easington .both are really good tracks :D

I know the owners of Westhoughton are still keen to get an open on there but as far as i know no one outside of the North West has approached them. This is something A & T have recently spoke about, whether people choose to travel is a different matter!

kinsley can be got back at a price [thanks to roland & co] unfortunately the new fed can,t afford it at the moment until the money is given back from the old fed [thanks again to roland & co]. maybe we could start back there with the B.W.R.A. North West Classic / Atherton and Tyldsley open

If you know, can you tell me how much they need to hold an open there? Either through here or a personal message.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back