The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Billy No Mates Flea & Tick Control

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
never bothered to take note meddling, but i put one little blue scoop in each bowl
as on the website it doesn't say how much you get for 12.50...it could be a weeks worth, or 6 months!

Could you hazard a guess at how many scoops in 12.50's worth?
6 dogs 2months probably, it also says on the tub not to be fed to pregnant bitches
great thanks for that, not going to have any preggers bitches here!

We have been really lucky, never had fleas or ticks on any of the dogs. :) I presently use Advocate which also worms the dogs (excl tape worm) and is supposed to stop them getting lungworm. It is really messy to apply, dries very slowly and it is very toxic.

I would rather use Drontal XL for worming and thought I would try Billy no Mates to prevent fleas and ticks which is why I was interested to see if others have found it effective.

I do not know how common lungworm is in SE Scotland but neither the dogs or I like the Advocate. I ask myself if Advocate is so toxic (sometimes makes one or two of the dogs sick and carries all sorts of dire warnings about getting on my skin) could Advocate prove as much a risk to the dogs health as the small chance of them getting lungworm. :sweating: :unsure:

I have ordered some Billy No Mates. If any of the dogs get fleas or a tick I will report back. :D
if Advocate is so toxic and BNM is not how come Advocate can be used on pregnant bitches yet BNM can not???

We have been really lucky, never had fleas or ticks on any of the dogs. :) I presently use Advocate which also worms the dogs (excl tape worm) and is supposed to stop them getting lungworm. It is really messy to apply, dries very slowly and it is very toxic.

I would rather use Drontal XL for worming and thought I would try Billy no Mates to prevent fleas and ticks which is why I was interested to see if others have found it effective.

I do not know how common lungworm is in SE Scotland but neither the dogs or I like the Advocate. I ask myself if Advocate is so toxic (sometimes makes one or two of the dogs sick and carries all sorts of dire warnings about getting on my skin) could Advocate prove as much a risk to the dogs health as the small chance of them getting lungworm. :sweating: :unsure:

I have ordered some Billy No Mates. If any of the dogs get fleas or a tick I will report back. :D
if Advocate is so toxic and BNM is not how come Advocate can be used on pregnant bitches yet BNM can not???
Probably to do with the licensing regulations. Drug companies can afford to go through the complicated process this entails. There are many herbal remedies that carry such a caveat, simply because they cannot afford to go through the licensing process.

Neem has historically been used for centuries in India and the subcontinent to treat a range of illnesses and to prevent pregnancy.

It is a natural product but is a toxin. It's benefits and it's side effects are well documented. It can cause liver damage if regularly overdosed.

This is one reason I only use the Billy no mates and not any additional products that contain Neem. I am also very careful not to give more than the recommended tiny amount.

It would be irresponsible of any company not to make purchasers aware of the serious consequences of giving something to a bitch that may cause a miscarriage or failure to concieve.

As Lal says, drug companies are required to do rigourous testing before a licence is given whereas herbal products do not require a licence.

For further information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neem_oil#Uses

I am happy that my dogs benefit from using 'Billy no mates'.

I am hopeful that my vet will take back the years supply for 5 dogs of Advocate now sitting in my kitchen cabinet! :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back