The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Billy No Mates Flea & Tick Control

eve

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Another member recommended Billy No Mates to me as an alternative to Advantix and Frontline. It is a natural control.

Does anyone else use it. Is it effective?

I have ordered some as I get fed-up pouring toxic messy chemicals over my dogs every month. :(

I'm always recommending it but if I wasn't the 'other member' .... I swear by it, marvellous stuff :D

I've used it and never had any problems......touch wood!

Always use frontline...wouldnt use anything else....but certainly not every month..I use it every

5-6 months on my dogs as I also have 3 cats in this household too that regularly hunt and bring prey inside sometimes.

Wouldnt trust the natural pruducts to kill fleas, maybe deter them.

Luckily enough for Jazz (and me of course), never had a single flea on her, even though we spend hours in the fields, hasn't even picked up a tick yet.

Always use frontline...wouldnt use anything else....but certainly not every month..I use it every5-6 months on my dogs as I also have 3 cats in this household too that regularly hunt and bring prey inside sometimes.

Wouldnt trust the natural pruducts to kill fleas, maybe deter them.
That's how the natural products work ... anything that thinks about hitching a ride immediately thinks again so theres never anything to kill ... it only works if there was nothing there to start with. But there are natural alternatives that you comb through the coat if the dog already has 'mates' :thumbsup:

We have been really lucky, never had fleas or ticks on any of the dogs. :)

I presently use Advocate which also worms the dogs (excl tape worm) and is supposed to stop them getting lungworm. It is really messy to apply, dries very slowly and it is very toxic.

I would rather use Drontal XL for worming and thought I would try Billy no Mates to prevent fleas and ticks which is why I was interested to see if others have found it effective.

I do not know how common lungworm is in SE Scotland but neither the dogs or I like the Advocate. I ask myself if Advocate is so toxic (sometimes makes one or two of the dogs sick and carries all sorts of dire warnings about getting on my skin) could Advocate prove as much a risk to the dogs health as the small chance of them getting lungworm. :sweating: :unsure:

I have ordered some Billy No Mates. If any of the dogs get fleas or a tick I will report back. :D

Id never heard of this product, so would be very interested to see the feedback about it. :thumbsup:

I worm my dogs every three months, but I don't regularly use anything for flea/tick control.

I usually Frontline the dogs once a year in late spring/early summer when there seem to be the most ticks around and I keep some in to apply at the first sign of any problems, but haven't actually seen a flea or any signs of fleas on them for years. Perhaps my dogs are naturally toxic :unsure:

Update on using 'Billy no mates' for 3 months

Well, the dogs have not had a single tick or flea.

The most amazing thing about this product is it's other 'undocumented' benefits.

Lilly's suspected pancreatitis / indigestion has vanished.

Toddy who suffers from colitis now has normal bowel function

Their coat, skin and general health are fantastic.

I give this to Daisy who has IBS and EDI along with her 'special' diet (Burns Pork and Potato) which she has now been on for 4 weeks.

Daisy is doing really well and her bowel function is almost normal after 20 days here. This may be purely down to her 'special' diet beginning to work but I place a lot of faith in 'Billy no Mates'.

As far as I am concerned, apart from its prescribed benefits of natural flea and tick control it is definately (in my opinion) an excellent tonic for dogs prone to colitis and stomach upsets. Contains: herb mix of mint, seaweed, fenugreek, neem leaves and lemon balm.

This product be worth a try for anyone who has a dog with sensiive stomach or colitis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eve, having used Billy No Mates for years I can only agree with your every word, I'd add though that a year or so ago I started using Resist (also from CSJ) too ... and although I didn't think the dogs could look any healthier or shinier than they did (and even before the resist people used to comment on the shine on their coats) they actually do !! Lal also now uses both products and I'm sure will agree.

Billy no Mates ... highly recommended !!!

Aparently, to quote one company:

"Neem is recognised for its ability to perform as a naturally 'soft' pesticide, it had many and numerous benefits to human health, with antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties.

Inclusion in creams and body lotions has been found to sooth eczema and psoriasis, whilst internal supplements enhance overall health, boost immune system response, balance metabolism and support healthy bowel function."

Perhaps this is why I find is so effective in the 2 whippies that I have adopted with pre-existing digestive disorders. :)

:thumbsup: Billy No Mates gets a big thumbs up from me, I've just recommended it to a friend who has had a problem with ticks on her Lab and her Collie. As Annie says, the Resist from CSJ is also amazing stuff. Rosie was quite 'itchy' when she first came to me and after some discussion with Annie I ordered some. After reading about the benefits I also feed it to Rifle, who has suffered from Steroid Responsive Meningitis, as it supports the Immune system. Both dogs look amazing on it and have a sheen to their coats that everyone comments on. :D

:thumbsup: Billy No Mates gets a big thumbs up from me, I've just recommended it to a friend who has had a problem with ticks on her Lab and her Collie. As Annie says, the Resist from CSJ is also amazing stuff. Rosie was quite 'itchy' when she first came to me and after some discussion with Annie I ordered some. After reading about the benefits I also feed it to Rifle, who has suffered from Steroid Responsive Meningitis, as it supports the Immune system. Both dogs look amazing on it and have a sheen to their coats that everyone comments on. :D
Right, off to order both of those :thumbsup:

I use it on all 6 of our dogs or feed it should I say , ye one of our terriers still picks up any bugs she passes by, but the others :thumbsup:howe frontlinedver beginning of spring and end of summer they all get

Last edited by a moderator:
how long does £12.50's worth of BNM and resist last for?

never bothered to take note meddling, but i put one little blue scoop in each bowl

never bothered to take note meddling, but i put one little blue scoop in each bowl
as on the website it doesn't say how much you get for 12.50...it could be a weeks worth, or 6 months!

Could you hazard a guess at how many scoops in 12.50's worth?

I use the liquid tincture. Recommended dose is 1ml per day (20 drops) per 10kg of weight. So depending on your dog's weight, up to 250 days I suppose. I have used 2/3 of a £13 250ml bottle in 3 months for 3 whippets.

Product can be found at

http://www.theneemteam.co.uk/acatalog/Neem_for_Pets.html (1 postage charge I buy 2 at a time dated - 1012)

http://www.csjk9.com/productcart/pc/viewCa...sp?idCategory=3

http://www.myitchydog.co.uk/billy-no-mates...ellent-14-p.asp ( gives estimated cost product)

as on the website it doesn't say how much you get for 12.50...it could be a weeks worth, or 6 months!

Could you hazard a guess at how many scoops in 12.50's worth?
6 dogs 2months probably, it also says on the tub not to be fed to pregnant bitches

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back