The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bit Of A Delicate Question..

Misslara

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm not been morbid or anything just thinking of the future really !

Our little whippet is poorly with a heart condition just waiting to hear if its a tumor on her heart or not shes quite happy in herself shes started eating again looking and begging for food which must be a good sign

Now my question is we have a little toy poodle he belogs to my daughter but she lives at home when shes not flying,he is very attached to her and gets unsettled when Tippys not about when she went into the vets last week for her G/A he was a nightmare now i know Tippy isn't going to be around for a long time poodle is only 3 would it be silly to have another one to get him use to the new dog now so its part of the family and god forbid anything did happen to Tippy the new addtion would be part of the family and poodle won't be on his own we were thinking of having another before all this happened with Tippy,gosh all this sounds awful doesn't it like i'm writing her off but i'm not we love her to bits and will do everything in our power to help her get through life :wub:

Any advice whats your thoughts :unsure:

so sad, either get another poodle or get a lookalike to your whippet if u can handle it.. all the best in what u decide..

I do feel for you in this situation and I understand your concerns for your daughters poodle, but I would urge you to think long and hard before getting another dog/puppy at such a critical time for Tilly. Could you handle the settling in of a new dog and all the upheaval that can present within the household whilst also caring for Tilly with her ailing health situation? Also, how do you think Tilly would cope with a bouncy puppy or a new adult dog trying to establish their place in the pack at the moment, given her already delicate state of health? It seems a lot for both of you to deal with at what already sounds like a very difficult and emotional time.

When you hear back from the vet you'll have a better understanding of what Tilly's problem is and the treatments - if any, that are available. If and when Tilly is no longer with you then getting another dog would give you something positive to look forward to when you are ready, and if you plan ahead when you have more knowledge of the situation then your daughters poodle would not need to be on his own for long. Till then I would just make Tilly the priority, - cherish her, spoil her, give her your undivided attention and make every minute you have together special for both of you. Just my opinion of course, - you know your dogs better than anyone. Good luck with whatever you decide. :luck:

I do feel for you in this situation and I understand your concerns for your daughters poodle, but I would urge you to think long and hard before getting another dog/puppy at such a critical time for Tilly. Could you handle the settling in of a new dog and all the upheaval that can present within the household whilst also caring for Tilly with her ailing health situation? Also, how do you think Tilly would cope with a bouncy puppy or a new adult dog trying to establish their place in the pack at the moment, given her already delicate state of health? It seems a lot for both of you to deal with at what already sounds like a very difficult and emotional time.
When you hear back from the vet you'll have a better understanding of what Tilly's problem is and the treatments - if any, that are available. If and when Tilly is no longer with you then getting another dog would give you something positive to look forward to when you are ready, and if you plan ahead when you have more knowledge of the situation then your daughters poodle would not need to be on his own for long. Till then I would just make Tilly the priority, - cherish her, spoil her, give her your undivided attention and make every minute you have together special for both of you. Just my opinion of course, - you know your dogs better than anyone. Good luck with whatever you decide. :luck:
Good advice. Was going to say same thing myself. The most important thing at the moment is to give Tippy the best possible care and love for the

time she has left. Hope all goes well for you. xx

Good advice. Was going to say same thing myself. The most important thing at the moment is to give Tippy the best possible care and love for the

time she has left. Hope all goes well for you. xx

very good advice and yes she will have all our attention and love for the rest of her life however long she has with us :(

Thankyou x

this must be so hard for you knowing that you may have to loose tilly and i can understand your concerns about the poodle

i was in the same situation 19 mths ago when i had peggy who i knew she was coming to the end and poor Bow my other whippy had never been on her own and was totally mothered my peg

peggy was my first ever dog and she was so special and she had the best care i could give right up until the end,she wouldnt of coped with another pup running around at that time even bow had calmed down and never left her side

yes it was hard for bow to grieve it was pitiful to watch but time was a great healer..we did get another couple of mths later and took time for them to bond,now best buddies

agree with the others,

big believer in fate

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back