The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bitch In Season

Seraphina

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Over past few months there were several people asking how they can tell their bitch is coming in season. I cannot find their threads. Hope this will help:

Bess started to swell couple of days ago, today she started to show colour, and I expect her to get bigger over the next week or so. I put her next to Callista for size comparison.

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
How obliging for the girls to do that for you :lol: they are lovely Lida :wub: :wub:

My boys ussually let me know that my bitches are coming into season as teir attitude towards them changes. Instead of ignoring them as they normally do they start to follow them around with their noses on their tails Maggie and Rosie have yet to have a season but Tegan is ussually regullar every 6 months although we know that now that may change with her having the pups.

the boys normally start showing an interest in her about 2 weeks before her season also she becomes quick to snap at them and send them away. They respect her enough to know they will get bitten if they push their luck too much although they do tend to forget quickly

Bandit , the father of her pups tends to pay her no interest at all he learnt that those few minutes fun may end up with a load of bundles of joy :oops: I think he would say little monsters if he could

Last edited by a moderator:
Lida, that is such a good idea! Do you know, when I was trying to decide if Josie was or wasn't, I hunted high and low for a picture to help me identify if she was looking in season or not (even a sketch in an anatomy book would have helped!). I'm going to link this in to FAQ, it's very helpful :thumbsup:

Roll me over and lay me down :lol: :lol: Great picture Lida - its a long time since I owned a bitch - in my teenage days. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back