The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bitches Faster Than Dogs??

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I think dogs have more balls than bitches :-

funny that Geoff because if you look back alot of the dogs that have beat top class bitch,s have'nt had any balls (w00t) :oops: lol

it takes a really good dog to contend with a good bitch id say bitches are the faster

The answer is simply because dogs are heavier than bitches which gives them a disadvantage at yard per pound. In the scratch the distribution is much more even with there being a even mix between good dogs and bitches I would say.

But a similar sized whippet would be around 3 or 4 pound heavier if it was a dog rather than a bitch and over a short distance the dogs cannot make up the ground. Obviously there have been some exceptions to the rule.

This is my opinion anyway, maybe wrong

Anthony

have you seen our roddys (w00t) someone said is he ok as he walks funny from behind,he is well tackled and has to walk like that (w00t) ;)

have you seen our roddys (w00t) someone said is he ok as he walks funny from behind,he is well tackled and has to walk like that (w00t) ;)
(w00t) :lol: Trust you to notice that David.

Think by the time you get up to scratch weights,it can go either way

dave im sure diane was on about you getting nuertered said you walk funny

In the Greyhound World they say "A good Dog will always beat a good bitch", its nearly always the case that dogs tend to win the Derby's.

when the opens start we will have to look and c if its a dog/bitch supreme who wins on bends/straights then do the same in the scratch

as ya doi is a bitch and until her injury at scotland she didnt get beaten much in the scratch.

cant wait to see how she comes back she is looking great :luck:

BAGHEERA IS VIRTUALLY UNBEATABLE OVER 150YDS AND HAS RUN AWAY WITH THE SCRATCH TOP TEN SHES GOOD BUT VERY BEATABLE AROUND THE BENDS.OUR EBBY WON THE BWRA SUPREME SCRATCH AND I THINK WHATS IT ALL ABOUT WON LAST YEAR.TONYS ONE CUSHTIE BOK WAS EXCEPTIONAL BEFORE INJURY BUT UNTIL YOU GET ONTO NO LIMITS ON THE BENDS THE BITCHES ARE BETTER.

Was this the reasoning behind dogs having 1 yard sex allowance in the past at some meetings and did it or would it make much difference in run offs now ?

as ya doi is a bitch and until her injury at scotland she didnt get beaten much in the scratch.
cant wait to see how she comes back she is looking great :luck:
excellent bitch a pity she picked up the injury when she did,the best no limit before her injury on the staight, deneside belle same litter ( dog ) best dog by a mile on the bends ( before injury )

the best scratch racer ( dog ) i have seen and in my opinion and would have given the dogs of today a race and again my opinion would have beaten them is son of a bitch on the straights, :thumbsup:

The answer is simply because dogs are heavier than bitches which gives them a disadvantage at yard per pound. In the scratch the distribution is much more even with there being a even mix between good dogs and bitches I would say.But a similar sized whippet would be around 3 or 4 pound heavier if it was a dog rather than a bitch and over a short distance the dogs cannot make up the ground. Obviously there have been some exceptions to the rule.

This is my opinion anyway, maybe wrong

Anthony
I think I'm learning fast!

It's been a real eye opener. I think the answer lies somewhere in the question of weight and yards per pound and distance run. It does seem that the bitches have less of an advantage when running from scratch especially if the distance is further than the standard 150 yards.

From what I see from my limited experience few whippets are breathing heavily at the end of a 150 yard dash and maybe it's because the race is all over before a true test of top speed is fully established. Could it be that 150 yards is too short? I'm not saying a dog or a bitch should collapse at the end of a race before they could be said to have been truly tested but perhaps a run over 200 or 250 yards might be a better test of top speed!

IVE BEEN TALKING TO JOHNNY STAYTE AND HE MADE A GOOD POINT IN THAT IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER NOW WHETHER YOU GET A DOG OR BITCH BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF OPENS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE DOG AND BITCHES SEPERATE.IF THERE IS A RUN OFF THE DOG IS SELDOM FAVOURITE SO ITS A REALLY NICE SUPRISE IF HE WINS.GOING BACK TO 150 YARDS BEING THE IDEAL DISTANCE AND THE OPINIONS PUT BY NUBIAN.ITS HISTORICAL OUR SPORT WAS ORIGINALLY INTRODUCED BY THE MINING COMMUNITY AND BEFORE THEY HAD THE LUXURY OF TRAPS THE WHIPPETS WHERE THROWN BY THERE OWNERS OR CLUB SLIPPERS.THE DOGS BEING SMALLER LENT ITSELF TO DISTANCES OF 130 MANY 140 AND 150 YARDS.THE BIGGER WHIPPETS HAVE ONLY REALLY COME TO THE FRONT SINCE THE 1970S WITH 14 OR 15 LBS WHIPPETS BEING COMMONPLACE RATHER THAN THE EXCEPTION.THIS IS A REALLY GREAT SPORT TO BE INVOLVED IN AND I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE A SON NUBIAN I HOPE YOU FIND ITS A REAL FAMILY AFFAIR.

IVE BEEN TALKING TO JOHNNY STAYTE AND HE MADE A GOOD POINT IN THAT IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER NOW WHETHER YOU GET A DOG OR BITCH BECAUSE THE VAST MAJORITY OF OPENS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS ARE DOG AND BITCHES SEPERATE.IF THERE IS A RUN OFF THE DOG IS SELDOM FAVOURITE SO ITS A REALLY NICE SUPRISE IF HE WINS.GOING BACK TO 150 YARDS BEING THE IDEAL DISTANCE AND THE OPINIONS PUT BY NUBIAN.ITS HISTORICAL OUR SPORT WAS ORIGINALLY INTRODUCED BY THE MINING COMMUNITY AND BEFORE THEY HAD THE LUXURY OF TRAPS THE WHIPPETS WHERE THROWN BY THERE OWNERS OR CLUB SLIPPERS.THE DOGS BEING SMALLER LENT ITSELF TO DISTANCES OF 130 MANY 140 AND 150 YARDS.THE BIGGER WHIPPETS HAVE ONLY REALLY COME TO THE FRONT SINCE THE 1970S WITH 14 OR 15 LBS WHIPPETS BEING COMMONPLACE RATHER THAN THE EXCEPTION.THIS IS A REALLY GREAT SPORT TO BE INVOLVED IN AND I UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE A SON NUBIAN I HOPE YOU FIND ITS A REAL FAMILY AFFAIR.
Excellent points Robpoole. I appreciate the historical context you have given me.

Having said that though and especially with non-peds being bigger is it not time some serious thought was given to upping the distance a tad?

Excellent points Robpoole. I appreciate the historical context you have given me.

Having said that though and especially with non-peds being bigger is it not time some serious thought was given to upping the distance a tad?
it's like what was said in a previous post not every club can get the extra distance,and personally i think 150/165 straight and approx 240mts bends is far enough. ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back