The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bitches in season

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
My Calista is 18 months and hasn't had her first season as yet. I have heard of some Whippet bitches that did not get the first one until they were 2 or more. Just watch her and you wil notice slight enlargement before she starts her season. You can press white tissue to her vagina and if you get bit of a pink stain ; that is the start. and she will swell lot more within another few days. Stop walking her as soon as you notice. You can drive her somewhere safe to exercise her, but what ever you do do not walk her out of your place or all the local dogs will follow you home!

:luck:

Lida

My bitch didn't have her first season until she was 23months old - experienced whippet people advised me not to worry when she didn't come in sooner. M y lurcher was almost 3 years old.

Hi,

It was me with the mad phantom pregnancy dog :b

Meg had her first season when she had just gone one last August....then, didnt have another until this June :blink:

I guess they are all different as my first whippet didnt have her first season until she was nearly two

Natalie

Thanks guys :thumbsup: not feeling worried now after your comments. Sounds like its jquite normal not to have had her first yet. Thanks for putting my mind at ease! :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back