The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bitches Trying To Mount Each Other

kim & Tilly

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Copied from another site -

We have a problem. My dh owns a German Shepherd bitch, my dd1 owns a West Highland terrier bitch and their hormones are running wild.

How do we stop them from humping each other? I can understand their desire to be mounted but where does their thrusting instict come from?

It's all getting rather weird, my kids find it really funny and my dd3 (4) asked me if girl dogs can marry girl dogs. I told her dogs don't really get married and that seemed to satisfy her curiosity but I just know that if our dogs don't control their desires I'm gonna have some more awkward questions to answer.

Can you help???

Kim and Tilly said:
We have a problem. My dh owns a German Shepherd bitch, my dd1 owns a West Highland terrier bitch and their hormones are running wild.

How do we stop them from humping each other? I can understand their desire to be mounted but where does their thrusting instict come from?

It's all getting rather weird, my kids find it really funny and my dd3 (4) asked me if girl dogs can marry girl dogs. I told her dogs don't really get married and that seemed to satisfy her curiosity but I just know that if our dogs don't control their desires I'm gonna have some more awkward questions to answer.

Can you help???

Errr, Suggest dogs move to brighton for a "civil ceremony" ? :- " :- "

Funny you should put a post about this on -- as My holly had ago at bonking Willow tonight! :blink: :b :wacko: (w00t) shes never done it before and im wondering if its because shes due to come nto season soon? or maybe a dominance thing instead? :unsure:

Any thoughts? :cheers:

Jazzys dad said:
Kim and Tilly said:

Can you help???

Errr, Suggest dogs move to brighton for a "civil ceremony" ? :- " :- "

I just posted your response and she says she lives there (w00t) :- "

Kim and Tilly said:

Can you help???

[/quot

It's just an animal thing. My little cairn terrier bitch used to amaze me when she was younger as she would always try to mount my leg at any opportunity even though she had been spayed. My parents always had male dogs when I was young and I thought it was just a male thing. Now I know different. The female cows that are kept in a field behind my parents are always on each others backs. Maybe they are playing or maybe they have an itch which is hard to reach, who knows??

It is usually a dominace thing in two females Sienna does it to Callie but only when she's in season although she is top dog anyway :blink:

What does Dh, dd1 ect mean kim?

Ive got Buffee and Fleur in season at the moment (w00t) and they are both `on song ` and humping each other , tail over the back , the lot :oops: (w00t) :lol:

*Lesley* said:
It is usually a dominace thing in two females Sienna does it to Callie but only when she's in season although she is top dog anyway :blink:

Hi, Just a quick introduction. Damitjanet posted this thread on my behalf. Thanks for all your help folks. I have taken the spaying idea on board and will be acting on it.

*Lesley*, dh and dd1 is just a code we use on another forum. Dh stands for dear husband, dd stands for dear daughter ds stands for dear son. The number after it is just an indication as to 1st dd or 2nd dd or 3rd dd etc etc so dd1 means my first daughter. It's just a code that we use so instinctively now that we kinda take it for granted that everyone understands what we're going on about. :))

Anyway, thanks again folks.

salome said:
*Lesley* said:

Hi, Just a quick introduction. Damitjanet posted this thread on my behalf. Thanks for all your help folks. I have taken the spaying idea on board and will be acting on it.

*Lesley*, dh and dd1 is just a code we use on another forum. Dh stands for dear husband, dd stands for dear daughter ds stands for dear son. The number after it is just an indication as to 1st dd or 2nd dd or 3rd dd etc etc so dd1 means my first daughter. It's just a code that we use so instinctively now that we kinda take it for granted that everyone understands what we're going on about. :))

Ah! thanks for that, I'm with it now I was trying to work out what it meant but the D for dear threw me :b similar thing on here is OH (other half) we use that a lot :D

Welcome to k9 and I hope everything sorts itself out for you :luck: :thumbsup:

Kim and Tilly said:

Can you help???

My bitch jill doesnt half and give my goldie bitch a right good seeing to, it must be cos hers on season.

keith

my two was spayed over a year ago now,and with phoebe been top dog,millie still mounts phoebe mostly when we are getting ready for a walk,could be that they get too excited,because it can be bedlam trying to get their leads on.

salome said:
*Lesley* said:

Hi, Just a quick introduction. Damitjanet whos that??posted this thread on my behalf. I posted it for you (whippet on the other forum) Thanks for all your help folks. I have taken the spaying idea on board and will be acting on it. Hee hee (w00t)

FAQ to the rescue again - I'm sure you've already looked there, but here's the link in case not. There's a topic which covered this a while ago, don't know if it's any help or gives enough information.

topic 1, second thread down, bitches humping

Last edited by a moderator:
*Lesley* said:
salome said:
*Lesley* said:
*Lesley*, dh and dd1 is just a code we use on another forum. Dh stands for dear husband,
Ah! thanks for that, I'm with it now I was trying to work out what it meant but the D for dear threw me :b similar thing on here is OH (other half) we use that a lot :D

Do you think then that obviously our Whippets :wub: are more dear to us K9ers than our OHs :clown: !!!!! I think mine :- " certainly knows his place in the pecking order!!! :lol: LOL!!!!!!

My old spayed retriever bitch used to hump my un-neutered Collie boy! Whereas nowadays my spayed lurcher is rather fond of my right shoulder :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back