The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Black lump on my dogs tail

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Did he say what he thought it might be?

I agree with Kara1 too. A biopsy is a medical procedure to determine what is going on, not an operation to cure something. I can’t see any logic in your Vet’s advice. What happens if you go back in March, and they tgen say “Can’t do anything for your dog, if only we’d caught it earlier...”. If it’s fungal - my dog had a big lump on his nose, in the States, which must have been pretty common in tgat part, as the vet knew exactly what it was, and hewas given antifungal meds - that’s good and can be treated before it affects the whole tail. If not, then more serious intervention may be needed to save whatever may be causing it affecting the whole dog.

I have to say I agree with everyone else.. Get another opinion, March is far too long to wait. If there had been a biopsy showing it was just a scab over a scrape or other benign swelling I would say ok.. But there is no proof of exactly what this is and by March you could be in a very bad situation.

You need it looked at with at least a scraping or blood tests to give you a better idea of what you are dealing with.

One cause, and the most dangerous cause, of a pigmented lump or bump on the skin, can be a Melanoma in Dogs. There are many possible causes for pigmented or black lumps bumps on dogs. You should probably go see a vet.

Hope it's just stud tail though. How high up on the tail is it? Can't tell from your pics as they don't show the whole length of the tail butt to tip.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back