The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Blidworth Results

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
this was sorted long ago pat when i spoken to the chairman of the bwra its just it took longer for some people to grasp it ;)

well at least its sorted :D steve you know i have a sence of humour :D i new you would bite lol ;) been on the butch topic and laughed my .... off wish long dog was still around he would of come up with a good reply after the JOKE ... butch said about tonys teeth, but longdog had a good sence of humour ;)

The problem with the supreme scratch was sorted out amicably on the day between the opens organisers and those involved so what exactly what the BWRA chairman or anyone else had to do with this is anyones guess.

Neil has spoken to one of the organisers of the open on the phone and I have discussed this with the organisers at the event and subsequently, and unless the BWRA chairman and others can tap phones and read E-mails, and there has been a national committe meeting since, then the issue regarding regional bodies applying BWRA rules to events they organise is not resolved.

A few points may be worth making at this time:

1) Michelle and I are not "anti-BWRA"; Michelle has done all the NW regions BWRA work for the last 4 years, - no payment and less gratitude. The last NW open was run with us as organisers ( plenty of abuse over the use of electronic scales at the time, but which are now used at both the major race bodies,- if you want to know why people don`t want to get involved in open organization try dealing with the loudmouths who think that they can bully you into changing a decision even though they are clearly wrong - not something that happened at Blidworth, amicable as above) No one else in the region has made any effort to do the work involved in puting on a BWRA open. Gin Pit club is putting on two opens this year, both of which have had a lot of time and effort put into them , especialy by Vicky, and a lot of sponsership has been arranged by Vicky and Michelle, one is a club open and the other IRG, - no one seems to be willing to do the effort for the NW BWRA - make of this what you will. Without Gin Pit club there is no NW BWRA by the BWRA rules 2002-3, its the only club in the NW.the only club that races on a regular basis - it wouldn`t happen without Vicky and Michelle, Keith and Graham. Plenty of people are willing to critise those that run organizations and events but fewer are willing to put in the effort and make them work year in year out.

2) I am not (and although I won`t speak for Michelle assume the same) anti BWRA chairman. If there was a vote I would, in view of the likely candidates almost certainly vote ( not abstain) for him. I think he has done a good job overall, but I don`t think it has been perfect. I will at least voice my opinion in public rather than grumble behind pseudonyms and in private. I don`t feel any pressing need to kiss his butt either.

3) We are not anti scratch dogs, 8 of our 10 dogs are over 32lb but we have no desire to race greyhounds.

No-one has been put out by last Sundays events; Neil (and Debs) and ourselves wanted to run our dogs off together, - the organizers agreed, - no one fell out, no bad feelings. The BWRA committee can try and impose its rule over the event but the organisers , who are real people who actually determine whether the event goes ahead or not, may decide to not bother or run it anyway under a different banner. Bar perhaps losing top ten points who will gain and who will lose?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really cannot see what the big deals about ,if people with scr dogs wants to run there dogs off to a sup let them , god knows most dog and bitch will run off at opens for sup.

As far as scr racing goes ..having puppy scr racing should be banned and make it yearling scr, dogs from say 9months to 18 months, as i personally would not start with a scr pup till it was 12months of age,and i see people rushing the bigger pups to race them in puppy scr racing, theres nothing to cater for them when they become 12 months only adult racing, whats your thoughts on this?

Denise,

I agree that puppy scratch is unsuitable because the larger dogs do take longer to mature. I`m not sure as to a ban but i don`t think it should be encouraged and yearling scratch to 18mths is to me more suitable

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
must agree with denise here, the bigger dogs need more time to mature, what are your thoughts on letting yearlings run till they are 24 month old????........... :D

:D CLUBS HOLDING AN OPEN SHOULD NOT PUT NO LIMIT PUPPY OPENS ON THEN IT WOULD DISCOURAGE PEOPLE FROM RUNNING THERE DOGS TO EARLY,PERSONALLY I THINK THE BWRA AGE LIMIT SHOULD BE LIFTED TO 9 MONTHS OF AGE,AND ALL CLUBS SHOULD DO THE SAME.

I THINK RUNNING PUPS TO EARLY IS TO BLAME FOR MOST TOE INJURIES AS THE JOINTS AND TENDONS ARE NOT PROPERLY FORMED ??? ???

P.S.

JUST A THOUGHT

:D :( :) :0 ;)

my dogs are running from been covered by inoculation ...dont like leaders and collars ...i know they are need when in built up areas but when in feilds there never on them

ey steve heard today fluke is fed on butchers tripe,lol :D

most people free run there dogs from been puppys, nothing wrong in that but a free run in feilds is a lott different to running a pup behind a lure at a young age .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back