The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Boarding For Dogs

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

New to this!

For anyone who lives in or near Leicestershire...Whitelodge Boarding Kennel, Kirby Bellars, Leicestershie (near Melton Mowbray) 01664 812361.

Run by Claire ang Gary.

They cater for all breeds....and have a small rehoming for greyhounds.

This kennel get my vote and I wouldn't go anywhere else.

One of my lurchers was a nervy boy, Claire was very good with him and gave him extra food because his nerves caused him to loose weight!

We where able to look around with Claire so that we could judge for ourselves....her kennels ticked all of our boxes

Jean :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

doris said:
Janimal said:
artemis said:
doris said:
Cleopatra said:
Could anyone recommend a kennels in or around hertfordshire
I've used Little Revel End kennels at Redbourn, mine were happy there

you can just turn up during office hours and the staff will show you around, it was nice and clean and I would take mine back there without thinking twice!

www.littlerevelend.com

Just a word of warning to all! Two years ago I boarded two of our dogs ( Basset and Norfolk Terrier) for one week whilst we went on holiday. I had used the kennels once before and had no complaints. On my return I picked the dogs up and returned home. A distance of five miles. It was obvious that Poppy, the basset was not well. Within two hours she was at the vets with gastric torsion. She had gastro enteritis and despite surgery and excellent veterinary care died the next day. The following day Perry the Norfolk had really bad diarrhoea and vomiting. He was taken straight to the vets and was diagnosed with the same gastro enteritis. Fortunately he recovered after a week on a drip and antibiotics. Stool samples were taken from both dogs and the same strain of infection was identified. I took out an insurance offered by the kennels for their stay to cover all veterinary expenses. To cut a long story short I received nothing. The kennels said that they must have contracted it before their stay! Unlikely, as my vet told me. Both dogs would have shown symptoms of diarrhoea previous to my collecting them and neither received the veterinary attention they needed. I will never forgive myself for placing them in their care and it will haunt me always. I know that this is probably an isolated incident and most kennels care for our dogs as we do. Despite my complaints to the local authority these people are still operating and have shown no remorse at all. Animal lovers? I think not. Just i it for the money.

Was this at the above mentioned Kennels please ?? would be nice to know and serve as a warning to others.

yes, I'd like to know that too, especially as I've just said that I'd use them again!!

Not the above mentioned kennels. I live in Suffolk and it was The Windmill Kennels in Hadiscoe. Sorry to cause alarm!

deffinately recommend summerhills boarding kennels in nantwich ,cheshire(phone number 01270 620225).

my 2 loved it...no weight loss for edward the whippet and im sure elvis has come back a tad heavier.

would use them again for sure.

prices are....

£9 a dog per day

£16 for 2 dogs sharing a kennel per day

bedding is provided as well, i took my own and they even washed & dried it before we picked the dogs up.

eta....they fed the dogs seperately because edward can pick at times (esp in unfamiliar circumstances) and elvis eats for england.

both dogs were fed 2x daily and 3 x walks per day

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back