The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Burghley House

sky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Burghley House Game and Country Show

Sat & Sun & Mon 3rd 4th & 5th May 2008

Knebworth, Herts SG3 6PY

Reduced Show Entry Fee - £5 for all Lurcher and Terrier Handlers - Children Free

Show Opening Times 10am - 6 pm- Ringside Parking - Complete Show Access

A Living Heritage Event - Traditional Country Fairs

Chase the Bunny - Held in the main ring aprox 10.30am and 2.30pm - Open to any breed/size of dog on the showground new to simulated Coursing - Trophy and rosette to be won - qualifier for our chase the bunny championships to be held at the end of the season.

Lurcher and Terrier Showing to Start aprox 12 noon Includes Child Handling Classes

Qualifiers for the NWTF, DRWLC, Earth Dog Running Dog working dog and Lurcherworld Championships

Lurcher Racing Super League - To Start following Showing

Simulated Coursing Super League

Under 23" Straight Racing Super League

Over 23" Straight Racing Super League

Points will be awarded to fourth place on each show day for each event. Winner on the day will receive Trophy. Rosettes awarded to fourth place.

Top 16-point places for each event will be invited to take part in the relevant final at the end of the season.

Each final winner (venue to be arranged) will receive £100 and Trophy. Each reserve will receive £50 and Trophy.

Overall points leader at the end of the season will be awarded the Relevant Super League Title, Presentation Jacket, Sash, Perpetual Shield and £200

Terrier Racing events to include Simulated Coursing and Straight Racing - Rosettes and Trophies to be won.

Same format all 3 days.

Anyone going??? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
we`ll be there not sure what day yet.hopefully entering our beddy/whippet/greyhound in the simo coursing.sorry for sounding a bit thick,nieve or both but would you have to attend nearly all the lurcherworld events on all the days they are being run to stand any realistic chance of making the finals? :unsure:

chill36 said:
we`ll be there not sure what day yet.hopefully entering our beddy/whippet/greyhound in the simo coursing.sorry for sounding a bit thick,nieve or both but would you have to attend nearly all the lurcherworld events on all the days they are being run to stand any realistic chance of making the finals? :unsure:
Pobably one win (14 points) will get you in the final which will be held at Belvoir Castle 4th/5th October.

Address for Burghley is Stamford, Lincs PE9 3JY (Not Knebworth)

mrs d said:
chill36 said:
Pobably one win (14 points) will get you in the final which will be held at Belvoir Castle 4th/5th October.

Address for Burghley is Stamford, Lincs PE9 3JY (Not Knebworth)

we went to monmouth on sunday last wk n won the over 23 straight racing with ollie/not holly lol does any1 no why we only cum out with 13 points

I noticed that with the coursing, we've had 13 points for each win, maybe that's what it's supposed to be, Dorne will let us know :thumbsup:

Sorry not hijacking thread. :))

mao said:
I noticed that with the coursing, we've had 13 points for each win, maybe that's what it's supposed to be, Dorne will let us know  :thumbsup: Sorry not hijacking thread.  :))

Sorry folks my mistake yes it is 13 points for a win (not 14). Sorry to Ollie for getting his name wrong, realise it is wrong on the league post but it will be changed after this weekend, our records have been corrected.

:thumbsup:

SAFE JOUNEY TO ALL THATS GOING

SEE YOU ALL THERE

CAT

HIYA, Looking forward to the Bank holiday at Burghley house. Hopefully the weathers going to be good for us all. Cat i am looking forward to seeing Bracken hopes shes well and running like the wind. By the way the beef was beautiful the best i have ever tasted we all really enjoyed it thanks very much. Safe journey to you and everyone who going. x

I'm thinking of going along to Burghley this weekend. Is it possible to camp there overnight? Do you know how you book it if you can camp?

Thanks,

Vicky

x

vs1 said:
I'm thinking of going along to Burghley this weekend. Is it possible to camp there overnight? Do you know how you book it if you can camp?

Thanks,

Vicky

x

Hi, It is possible to camp at Burghley but you need to contact jeff on his mobile number which is on the lurcherworld site. He needs to know in advance because of spaces, so if you give him a call it should be ok. look forward to seeing you there. Clare x

(w00t) We are coming to this one and bringing Leia the Loony puppy :lol: so if you see me with a :wub: little puppy in my arm's,( don't be fooled ) :- " because when you put her down she turns into a tazmanian devil, but i love her, :p :thumbsup: Diane. Skippy, Trent, Magpie and Leia.

My sonnys got no chance in the coursing then if magpies coming she knocks poor old sonny out everytime they draw each other ha ha. Look forward to seeing you there and have a safe journey up. Clare x

gabbitas31 said:
(w00t) We are coming to this one and bringing Leia the Loony puppy :lol: so if you see me with a  :wub: little puppy in my arm's,( don't be fooled ) :- " because when you put her down she turns into a tazmanian devil, but i love her, :p   :thumbsup: Diane. Skippy, Trent, Magpie and Leia.
Sounds like you've got your hands full Diane :lol: :thumbsup:

(w00t) Hand's full Karen you don't know the half of it, I've never seen a pup with so much energy, she goes all bloody day and night, she makes the other three dogs look like couch potatoes. :lol: :lol: :lol: but she's worth ever mad day i have her. :thumbsup: Diane

Cant wait to see her Diane,gonna have to visit one of the shows just to have a nosey :lol: reckon she couldn't have gone to a better home :thumbsup: :D

clare Bow said:
My sonnys got no chance in the coursing then if magpies coming she knocks poor old sonny out everytime they draw each other ha ha. Look forward to seeing you there and have a safe journey up. Clare x

:) Don't worry Clare, Mags is carrying a bit of weight this time, i would like to see her fitter, :lol: so maybe Sonny will whip her ass this time if they get drawn against each other, :thumbsup: Diane

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back