The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra / A.g.m

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am new to whippet racing (1 year now) and we do it for fun. We enjoy the days out and when we do travel, the chance to meet and socialize with friends and someother entertaining people.

The sad thing is that nearly evertime I get on K9 it is nothing but a slaging match eventhough people have the right to voice their opinions. Be they right or wrong. I suggested this site to some others new to dog racing and know I'm not to sure I should have.

This is not directed at anyone in particular as the joy of having membership names is that you are somewhat annonymous. Sorry can't spell.

:)

Hi Brian ,as you well know there are in every bunch of roses one or two pricks- the same can be said for whippet racing, the best way is to believe half of what you see and nothing you are told- that way you will be on the right side i think.

There are some really lovely people in the sport , Karen and I have discovered this especially over the past few days.

May I wish you and yours a Happy Christmas and a great New Year

Steve -Karen -Harry -Laura -Meg-Kipper-Kim-Violet rose-Badger-Whitey-and the two Ferrets-Moley and Nipper have a good un mate!!!

Steve :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ezra,This is a good site to come on.

In case you dont already know the people causing all the trouble are posting under the name of ROWLAND [Evonne Ragnoli]

They have been BANNED from the B. W.R.A & BANNED from the FED indefinately.

They still have all the FED members equipment[ traps,lure,camera, etc.& money left in the kitty.& still refuse to hand them over.

How do you expect people to react when they keep coming on this site causing trouble [ winding people up]

[it would be an even better site if they stopped posting]

Thanks John and Steve for clearing it up. :thumbsup:

We wont stop hitting on K9, don't worry.

My only concern is that this site is available to old members as well as young ones ie young of age. Damn now I make myself sound ancient.

Hope you all have a great xmas. Ezra has started early and found his meal bag. My fault, left it open.

As you said at warrick Steve. My dog should be fit judging by my slim athletic body. Julia says i have one of those trick mirrors.

So now after the meal bag accident he will start training early.

Sorry to read about your pups steve I hope meg is doing well

cant beat k9,great for all the info you need,results,venues,gossip some alot of rubbish as you will have found out,but most of all reading what your whippet friends have to say.keep up good work nigel

(w00t) its soon to be that time of year (w00t) wonder were the camera was at the week end :oops: were told to take our own pic and send them in to whippet news

a farse if you ask me

the rats back more trouble causing :( this time havin a dig at the bwra :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
wonder were the camera was at the week end were told to take our own pic and send them in to whippet newsa farse if you ask me
The camera was there - no-one knew how to use it though. :(

I do think it's a shame though that people could have had their only win with a particular dog (you just don't know what might happen tomorrow to your dog) and not got their picture taken, doing it yourself after the event and sending it in just isn't the same. The need for Photo Finish was very apparent given the result of the first Jack Cadman Final and various other close finishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
The truth about the CAMERA is as follows----

Muriel came to me and asked if i would oblige and take the photos ---this was early in the afternoon!!!!as Harry has done this for the BWRA before we said yes we would -------

---but having pups at home to attend to and a three hour drive home when it got to after five oclock and still no end to racing in sight we had to leave ---

there were plenty of people who lived a lot closer still there i must add --

and if a young lad of 16 years of age can opperate a CAMERA surely at least one of those left should have been able to----

so i gave the CAMERA to Paul Jennings and asked him to see if whoever was stopping would do the honours and i saw him as we pulled away aproaching Tony Cooper with the CAMERA---

i have since oplogized by email to Doreen for not being able to do them

hope this clears up and stops any futher nasty rude remarks intent at causing more trouble by anyone with regards to what happened to the CAMERA--we can do without them thanks-- and if i had to comment futher the second word would be OFF

Steve (not offical David Bailey for any organisation) just helper when possible!!!!

After saying all that Karen asked if the batteries were flat could she have them please??? :- " :- " :- " :- " :- " :oops:

steve

I also agree with what Vicky said about photo finish --this is a must at these meetings --again saving any arguing if close and there was some at this meeting!!---

steve

Do agree with vicky that the photo finish camera should of been in place..

It was a long day but really enjoyed it ....some great racing

on sunday when muriel asked for line judges i said that i would do it when im not racing my own dogs, she mentioned about getting the photo finish camera out but i said i wouldnt at mo as it was absolutely chucking down and it would have got ruined in that weather, and as to steves camera tony asked me to use it but as tony says im crap at taking pics even though i think im not that quite bad, i may not be that good but i can manage to get a dog somewhere in the pic 8x10 that is so blame me for saying to muriel about photo finish, i can take it sue

True sue i forgot about the weather...what we could do with is some sort of pop up small gazebo's , know the fed have one but maybe something a little smaller ...easy to take to opens , not just for the camera, but for line judges as well...theres nothing worse than standing in rain all day

look u lot take this else were cos i speaking on my own behalf do not know about others (this is getting on my tits)this is more personal than about dog racing.

unwanted said:
look u lot take this else were cos i speaking on my own behalf do not know about others (this is getting on my tits)this is more personal than about dog racing.
George my post is not personal & i'm sure Steve's & Dee's isn't either, if someone breaks forum rules we'll delete the posts until then it's staying put.

i agree with 'unwanted'. I was under the impression that 'non pedigree whippet racing' actaully referred to discussions about whippet racing, Not people airing their personnal opions about other people and calling people liars.

Certain people have obviously got far too much time on their hands.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back