The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Champs

personally i dont mind the 4 hour drive with the caravan gonna make the most of the break on a nice site thanks to worcester for staging the event

Best weekend i ever had camping was at worcester ...the year Branca won the scottish derby john, jean and a few of us traveled from kickcady straight to worcester ...it was a brill break and the night life is second to none :thumbsup:

At least we now have a venue which is more than what we had last week, I really like Worcester track too so well done them for putting it forward. :thumbsup:

mutley said:
personally i dont mind the 4 hour drive with the caravan gonna make the most of the break on a nice site thanks to worcester for staging the event

Your lucky 4 hour drive :) :rant: :rant: :rant: What chance do the Scotts have now,,NONE,,,Camping only £19 per night,,,very nice if you have loads of money, but my Gary like's to play in the caravan, so mum would not see the racing as keeping him happy,,One very pissed off whippet owner :rant:

ps,,John went to the champs last year without a dog :thumbsup:

mutley said:
Well congratulations on your four hour drive being worth it if I could tow a caravan to the championships in four hours I also would think it was worth it as the fastest I have managed to tow a caravan to a championship venue is eight hours including stops which roughly works out at about six hours forty five minutes driving time and there are others who live further north than me spare a thought for them.

It is a nice track have no problems with that but if it was going to be two day events and not a camping week end there are a lot of nice tracks around a little more central than that one Im sure.

John said:
mutley said:
Well congratulations on your four hour drive being worth it if I could tow a caravan to the championships in four hours I also would think it was worth it as the fastest I have managed to tow a caravan to a championship venue is eight hours including stops which roughly works out at about six hours forty five minutes driving time and there are others who live further north than me spare a thought for them.

[/quot

i understand that john but lets face it the scottish allways have to travel i dont care if its worceter devon or scotland im just saying i will make the most of it worster is about one hour further than oldhall but i sympathise with the scotts no need to have a go m8 we used to travel to dingwall and loved it eventhough it took 8 hours im not justifing the fact the scotts allways geta raw deal

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i agree. what about the Scottish people.

The B.W.R.A is going backwards instead of forwards.

This is yet another nail in its coffin.

First they do away with drug testing & then they put the championships. out of reach for many whippet racers.

It is a waste of time having regional reps[they are never consulted] as

everything is decided by 2 or three people on the top table.

Why do they have to do everything in secret, surely people should not have to hear about the new venue on the grapevine. but something should have been put on their own B.W.R.A website, or all the regional reps should have been informed.

[please get your act together & think about all whippet racers, your going to drive the scottish people out for good }

johnnoble said:
Yes i agree. what about the Scottish people.  The B.W.R.A is going backwards instead of forwards.

This is yet another nail in its coffin.

First they do away with drug testing & then they put the championships. out of reach for many whippet racers.

It is a waste of time having regional reps[they are never consulted] as

everything is decided by 2 or three people on the top table.

Why do they have to do everything in secret, surely people should not have to hear about the new venue on the grapevine. but something should have been put on their own B.W.R.A website, or all the regional reps should have been informed.

[please get your act together & think about  all whippet  racers, your going to drive the scottish people out for good }

i agree john bring back drug testing and have chps more centrel whats wrong with asfordby if no camping as thats why it wasnt used last yr ???????

mutley said:
John said:
mutley said:

[/quot

i understand that john but lets face it the scottish allways have to travel i dont care if its worceter devon or scotland im just saying i will make the most of it worster is about one hour further than oldhall but i sympathise with the scotts no need to have a go m8 we used to travel to dingwall and loved it eventhough it took 8 hours im not justifing the fact the scotts allways geta raw deal

I cannot speak for anybody else in Scotland but I for one do not want your sympathy I just want a fair crack of the whip lets face it four hours to you is sod all and with Devon closed that’s the furthest you will probably ever need to travel to the championships if non ped club tracks are to be used. And I have to ask just because the Scottish have to travel (your words not mine) does that make this decision right. There is no hope for this sport when decisions like this are being made.

why are u havin a go at me john take it up with the bwra i retract my sympathy :)

pardon me for living ONLY4 or 5 hours from woster :blink:

The fact there is no camping is the biggest ball ache for people, i know it's a big pain in the arse either leaving dogs in caravans 8 miles away or carting them to the track with you but travelling wise people were all set to travel to Moreton in Marsh which is further south than Worcester. Lets face it 90% of the bwra committee is southern so the northerners and scot's were always going to get a bum deal. :- "

make your mind up vic is it a ball ache or arsse pain (w00t)

pardon me for living ONLY4 or 5 hours from woster :blink:

Pardon me for living in Scotland but I would like to race my dog at the championships at a central venue fair to all. Do not bring Dingwall in to it that was the Scottish Derby and like other similar events are great to attend but most racers (if they are being honest) want those three letters before their dogs racing names and you do not get them at derby’s. It is a great shame this is the 40th anniversary this year of this racing organisation and the Straight Championships should have been the panicle of a great years racing with the presentation being a celebration of the champions of that weekend and all that have gone before them but in my opinion it won’t be now.

In my opinion the Straight Championships should be at a central location to give all the members dogs a chance of getting those three letters before their racing names but never mind it looks like my dog might just have to settle for the letters in his name.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back