The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Constitution

Tony Taylor

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does anyone know if rules 13 and 27 as printed in the current rule book still apply?

Tony Taylor said:
management rules
RULE 13 ;- all officials at both national and regional level including regional delegates must be members of the BWRA for the protection of all involved

RULE 27 ;- the committee shall be the sole authority for the interpretation of these rules and anyone joining the association shall abide by the committees interpretation on any matter affecting the association this shall be final and binding on the members

yes they still apply

according to my rule book

rule 13 all proposa;s and nominations for the election of officers................................

rule 27 voting for changes to rules is allowed each year and should be by postal vote . .................

????????????????????????????/

Tony Taylor said:
rule 13  all proposa;s and nominations for the election of officers................................

rule 27 voting for changes to rules is allowed each year and should be by postal vote . .................

they're 14 and 29 in one I'm looking at

rule 13 : All proposals and nominations for the election of officers of the Association must be in the hands of the Secretary not less than 28 days before the Annual General Meeting.
rule 27: Voting on proposals for changes to rules is allowed each year and should be by Postal Vote. Proposals are to be put in writing to the secretary to be received 7 days before the last committee meeting prior to the AGM. After the committee meeting each member will be sent a numbered voting paper with the proposals on it and space by each one for him/her to record his/her vote. This should then be returned to the National Secretary who may make random checks. The voting forms are sent out via the Regional Secretaries to distribute. The onus is on each member to ensure that any change of address has been advised to their club and Regional secretaries. Minimum voting age limit is 16 years.

I think one of these may of been changed last year along with

rule 18: All registrations and new memberships must have been received by the National Registrar at least 28 days before all Championship events (Bend, Straight and Puppy/Yearling) for a dog to be eligible to run. Existing memberships must have been renewed before the event
... which i believe now is back to how it is stated and should of always been
Come on the Tony do you wish to enlighten us on your question regarding the rules :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
DENISE BAILEY said:
[Come on the Tony do you wish to enlighten us on your question regarding the rules  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply on this and the NNWRF meeting topic.

for your enlightment :) ; for some time I've been residing in a parallel universe which although similar to the one I'm in now has a different past. I'm just checking out what's going on for my own personal " enlightenment"

Did we or did we not used to have a postal vote for the election of BWRA officers?

If you have a problem with the way the committee was elected then surely in the 'rules' there are ways of addressing this rather than playing with words on K9 :)

chris

Tony Taylor said:
rule 13  all proposa;s and nominations for the election of officers................................

SAME AS MINE TONY I REGISTED IN 05 UNLESS THERE IS NEW MEMEBERSHIP BOOK OUT ?

Tony Taylor said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
[Come on the Tony do you wish to enlighten us on your question regarding the rules  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply on this and the NNWRF meeting topic.

for your enlightment :) ; for some time I've been residing in a parallel universe which although similar to the one I'm in now has a different past. I'm just checking out what's going on for my own personal " enlightenment"

Did we or did we not used to have a postal vote for the election of BWRA officers?

I personally have no idea as to how the BWRA election for office is done ... but maybe you might enlighten me :D if you have an idea that is

THECAP said:
Tony Taylor said:

You know Linda George she just has to be different lol

DENISE BAILEY said:
THECAP said:
Tony Taylor said:

You know Linda George she just has to be different lol

TIPICAL B---DY WOMAN

u should know theres nowy typical about dee george (w00t) any bitches for den :luck: yet

no just that lurcher he lined like i said hope he gets more than his dad did

rob67 said:
If you have a problem with the way the committee was elected then surely in the 'rules' there are ways of addressing this rather than playing with words on K9 :)
chris

Whether I have a problem or not with way the committee conducts it's affairs ought to be no real concern for anyone else. I ask these questions for my own personal information.

As to there being rules or not for addressing any problems with the committee this would only concern me if I was interested in pursuing any such problems if indeed I had any problem with the way the committee condusts it's affairs or if any problem actually existed. In any event I'm not interested in pursuing any problems whether there is a problem or not so whether there are rules to address problems or not is immaterial as far as I'm concerned.

If you ask questions in a public forum on the internet then expect curiosity about your intentions.

After all

To paraphrase Vicky, welcome to the 21st century
chris

Just finished reading a really interesting book and need something else to read now so i am about to search out my BWRA rule book(s) just in case someone wants to test us on what rules we know and which we don't or how many have changed over the last few years- or maybe we can quote a few of the rules to see if we can open a can of worms along the way and when i've finished that one i'll start on my NNWRF one too :- " Whats this all about - lets get on with racing our dogs and E N J O Y I N G whippet racing for what it should be a friendly fun hobby/sport - maybe i'm just not cut out for whippet racing anymore it used to be FUN........ not making light of any of the unfortunate incidents that have happened and do happen in racing but once they have been dealt with lets put them behind us and carry on with what we are meant to be doing enjoying whippet racing. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back