The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Dates

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
phil said:
John said:
cinnamon said:
:rant: well looks like i,ll  have to get a second job or move house to down south to go open racing next year with the bwra :clown:   well done the nnwrf for spreading the opens all around the country and not just england(sou

posted by gary

Not at all I am sure that if the clubs up north placed their opens about and supported each other we could get enough decent racing.

john , i dont think this is the answer , the answer lies within our governing body ,surely common sense tells you to spread events about to give everyone a chance ,we all know after traveling5 6 hours for a 1 day event is not easy unless you have a top quality dog you are waisting time and money. would it not make sense for the b w r a to contact all club secetarys now for available tracks for 2007 season . phil

Phil I am not talking about the championahips they should be in the midlands (or as close as possible) to be fair to racer's both north and south but when it comes to one day events in my opinion most track's (if not all) would take one so we should not have to wait until we see what tracks are available in 2007 with less clubs than ever the cake should be sliced more even in 2006 and give us all a chance.

Hi Folks Val Here

Can Scottish members get in touch with either me or George due to recent developments before putting any more on this topic

thanxs

Val

:rant: manchester to far north?imo the south members on the commitee,of the bwra think they will drop of the edge of the world if they travel more than a couple of hours,i think n,e racers should,get together with the scotish racers,and make our own calender up,if its to far north,dont come,the same choice we seem to be going to have to do,this is turning into a ritch mans sport,and its us lot up the country whats going to be doing miles more traveling,like some members think,if you dont have a fantastic dog whats the point?the social side of the sport will be gone,becouse,they wont be able to afford to,attend the venues, well we got 1 venue,i will be attending that one! half the others i will not :rant:

Well with all the CRITICS on here regarding where the opens should or should not be held, maybe it is time then to have a North and South divide.

How many North/Scottish members attend an open when it is held at Thurrock or Fordinbridge. Not many. Reason too far to travel and can't afford the petrol/diesel. Many Southerns attend opens in the North, but with so many Clubs folding it is now becoming difficult to find a venue for racing. This sport is becoming such that unless you have a "top class" open dog people can't afford to keep travelling week in and week out and getting nothing in return. Lets face it - it is not the Top Ten dogs that are keeping the racing going but the ones that turn up every week and NEVER win anything. :oops:

Many people have to work and to travel for 5, or 6 hours each way and then having to get up early the following day to go to work when you are exhausted from the previous day's racing is no joke.

I have nothing to gain from any of this because we have decided to retire from the racing because of all the travelling and then there is the "bickering" thats goes on too. I think people should stop and think generally about the travelling aspect and more importantly the costs incurred and either decide the get back to the Club racing or put up with the travelling - the choice is up to the individual.

Joan Hemmings (R. Ch. Saxon Tiger)

joan i think wot people r complaining about is that the BWRA have said the opens have been spread about the country when imo they have not. just my opinion:

Tyrone Bend Open Sunday March 12th 2006 ( Hall Green ) to be confirmed think this is birmingham? 5 hours from the north east ive been told? ( i cud be wrong on this one)

BWRA Bend Championships Sunday March 26th 2006 ( Hall Green ) to be confirmed

same as above

Spring Pups + ABCDE racing Worcester Sunday April 2nd 2006

again 5 hours from the north east so about 8 hours from scotland

Lord Byron Plate Dawdon Sunday May 7th 2006 fair enuf in the north east still about 3 and half hours from scotland

IBM/Grasscutter Thurrock Sunday May 14th 2006 ( to be confirmed ) hmmmm i think prob something like 7 hours from the north east making it about 10 hours from scotland

Club Teams Kingswinford Sunday August 13th 2006 ( to be confirmed ) i dont even know where this is but i know its not in the north

National Straight Championships Kingswinford August 26th/27th 2006 ( to be confirmed) same as above

Jack Cadman + Autumn Pups Sunday October 1st 2006 ( Old Hall to be approached about staging this event ) the midlands? am i right? still about 3 hours + from here

This will hopefully have spread the BWRA events around the country as fair as possible.

The dates that state venue to be confirmed will be done so as soon we can give a firm answere

Devon have very kindly stated that they are prepared to stage any of the BWRA events should we have a problem with any of the other venues. devon i think is about 6 hours?

im not 100% sure on the time it wud take to get to these places but its just to show a point

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I live right on the south coast and all the above mentioned BWRA opens are at least 3 hrs drive for me and the Lord Byron 5 hrs.

You would think Thurrock near but I would have to drive up the M27, M3 and right round London on the M25 - 3 hrs at least and more if hold ups.

Devon if probably my nearest at 2 and a half hours.

I cannot possibly drive 3 hrs to and 3 hrs back after a day at an open.

Birmingham and the Midlands have their problems also as there is no direct motorway and congested roads.

Bring back the clubs and let us enjoy racing as we used to and forget opens and top ten points.

i agree clubs are the future good dogs or shit dogs then maybe 2 opens a year to bring the best dogs together (just a thought) :cheers:

kingswinford is the other side wolverhamton for u sherry a1 m1 m42 m6 :thumbsup:

Only my opinion but if a club pay's sub's to the B.W.R.A then each club should get 1 B.W.R.A open then everyone no matter were you live gets a chance to run at one even if it means putting on more opens.

AM I RIGHT IN THINKING THESE OPENS R JUST THE CLASSICS? oops sorry caps. im sure wallsend has a couple of ordinary bwra tt opens as does murton i think. i agree with sharon though but as far as i was aware we all did get a tt open. i maybe mistaken?

I think I am correct in saying that the BWRA does allow top ten opens at any Club and they are called "Regional" opens. It is up to the Region to decide which Club holds the open. Each Region used to be able to hold (I believe) one straight and one bend open which were given top ten status. :thumbsup:

you will never please everybody, would of been nice for an open north of the boarder. hard workers well oganised GOOD FOOD :D . The top table have a thankless job sorting venues. lets hope fore a good season, the amount of pups about should be some good puppy racing :cheers: :luck: :luck:

david i think u will find we do have one in the north ie the lord byron plate @ dawdon. dont know if u will get many @ the puppy champs as its @ worcester about 5 hours from here. :blink: we have a lot of pups in the north east and north yorks too. :(

traveling takes the shine off the racing for myself, hate long drives,traffic. but if you have a good dog you will have to travel to get the compition. unless you have a good group local. quite happy to do local opens nice day out no stress of traveling 100s of miles. :thumbsup:

I like Audrey am Probably considered to be quite close to most of these events but thats far from the truth. I live in Andover which is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, My local club fordingbridge is nearly an hour away, and cullompton nearly 3 hours away! The bend opens are rediculous for us to attend if we were running a dog to get to weigh in in time we would have to leave at death o'clock, Plus our nearest track to train a dog on the bends is 2 hours away. I love watching racing and luckily my dad has company petrol as do i making travelling easier on the wallet but still a lot of effort for most of the time around 8 seconds of my dog running.

I think it a bit silly that scottish reps were expected to attend another meeting which conveniently wasnt located anywhere near them either. Common sense should provail that not everybody can travel hundreds of miles every week.

I dont even know who the reps are for my region!!

why dont we have a northen puppy derby & thay can have a southen pup derby. just an idea :thumbsup:

the reps from north could hold bwra opens in scotland and north east...no need for all the committee to travel

on another thread it says there's a meet at Thurrock 16 April

yes or no?

(I was looking for Easter racing. Thurrock is too far away for me, but others will be interested)

i think u have got the bend championships and the puppy/yearling champs the wrong way round could u please confirm this thanks (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back