The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BWRA memberships

oh well seems we like we don't know what is going on then, maybe it will be in the next whippet news :D hope u all had a good days racing today at the tyrone bend open :D :p let us know who won :p

rag crazy won overall with show three r-up dem blue and mad mick both w/drew

minsters rocket(or minster as it was on the programme) won o/all scratch and 40lb

trevors chaser won 36lb

hot number won vets

excellent turnout of 71 dogs.....really good day......just bloody freezing!!!!!!!!

thanks michelle, what weight is rag crazy, that was a good turn out then...... :D

i think rag crazy is a 20lb dog.....ted with houdini owns it ( cant think of his surname)

wow, well done Ted FOx , bet he is pleased with his little dog today ey :D :p thanks michelle....

Last edited by a moderator:
If the traps have been moved from seaham are there any more left there if not does that meen The Lord Byron Plate will be moved because at the moment it is advertised for Seaham.

I think you will find that the local club, ie murton etc lend the B.W.R.A. traps for them to use at the Lord Byron event, this is not a fed event and it will be run at seaham as advertised.

:D IF THE FED CHAMPS SHOULD BE CENTRAL FOR EVERYBODY WHY ARE THEY NOT HELD AT SEAHAM IT LOOKS PRETTY CENTRAL TO ME, LOOK AT THE MAP :p :0 :p :( :D ???

P.S. WE HAVE WHIPPET RACING MEMBERS IN SCOTLAND. ???

OKAY I CAN TELL YOU ALL WHAT I HAVE HEARD IN CONNECTION WITH THE FED CHAMPS ...I THINK THEY HAVE BEEN MOVED TO MELTON, AND WHAT A LOVELY PLACE IT IS THERES PLENTY TO DO AND THE CLUB HOUSE IS GREAT(CAUSE IT NEVER SHUTS)... AS FAR AS THE LORD BYRON THERES A BIT OF A QUESTION ABOUT THAT AS THE SPONSERSHIP MONEY. IT WAS PROVIDED FROM THE LEISURE CENTER AND NOT SEAHAM COUNCIL... BUT I HEARD THAT THE LEISURE CENTER NOW BEEN TAKING OVER SO WHERE THERES STILL SPONSERSHIP OR NOT I DONT KNOW ...SO THIS MAYBE WHY THE FED CHAMPS HAS BEEN MOVED NOT QUITE SURE BUT THATS MY OPPION HOPE IT HELP A BIT

But is the track still crap at melton?. fair enough surrounding areas may be nice and the pub may stay open, but one minute people are saying banning ramps will injure more dogs.......but its ok to run at melton (which does need improving) cos its a nice place!!!!!!

why not newton aycliffe for champs? ive heard more people rave over there track than melton!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i too have heard this Dee, and yes michelle the track at newton aycliffe is the best track my dogs have run on in quite a while but surely the top table will have tried to accomadate all and asked around and come to the conclusion that melton is best because it is central... :D

hopefully the extra money we are adding to the bwra membership will soon improve the melton track, then both the fed and bwra can share such a great facilitie, i think that bringing the fed champs down will mean more racers from the south will travel, this could mean better racing? we can only hope, i think the more dogs that run at a championship the more it means if u win!!!!

what about the scottish? why have 2 championships at melton and alienate the scots or northeners which dont want to stay over.

Surely it would be far more acceptable and fair if each region was given the opportunity to host championship events as countries do for the olympics,world cup football and many other sports.

As local racers have an unfair advantage by not only running on their own track but don't have the hassle of having to travel which is surely an advantage for their dogs and our fellow racers north of the border always seem to have furthest to travel.

well i have to agree there, so long as the track can cater for caravans etc i do not see a problem with the idea...Pat

here here steve!!!!......any club who wants to stage a championship should put a bid in and then it should be voted on.

Just cos melton is convienient for some people does'nt make it wonderful.....ive been and was'nt impressed.....i can suggest a few tracks which are better!!!

maybe the extra money will make a huge difference but i still think its unfair to hold every major event there.

As someone has aleady said Seaham is probably most central if you take the U.K as a whole. Now I am not for one minute suggesting that the two straight championships should be held there I would settle for one or as someone has suggested maybe Newton Aycliffe. As for the suggestion about putting in a bid and voting it sounds a great idea but in my opinion it would not work. I can only make a plea that all the members needs are catered for.

I have to agree with steve on this one...that the champs should be moved about each year if the tracks can hold camping and the venue is good,also some dogs have more of an advantage than others as they may run at these tracks all year round, seaham was an independent track which did not hold weekly racing so dogs running on it at major events all had the same chances....

yes michelle meltons not one of our better tracks i am not a big lover of sand pit finishes and know of a couple of dogs that got injured during the racing (tonys coppers vet and a@c armstrongs michebelle)both hampered for main finals.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back