The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Racing

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sheilawebb said:
I must say Val I don't know who you are referring to as old foggies but I can assure you as things stand at this moment in time if it wasn't for the older generation holding racing together and still working hard to run the sport, the sport would wrap up altogether.  I love the sport otherwise Arthur and I would not be working as hard as we do at our age for our region.  The other thing that keeps us going is the great crowd we have as members of our club.  Quite honestly,  I haven't  found when reading K9 that it is any specific age group that is responsible for all the trouble in our sport, in fact,  I don't think I have ever seen  a senior citizen use bad language on here either because that isn't how we were brought up.
well said sheila could'nt agree more especially with the bad language that is used that is one reason why i won't take my grandson as the first & last time he went in may it was terrible people reading this might think i am a prude/stuck up old git but it is the way i have been brought up to resect your elders sadly all that as gone,i can use foul language as well as the next MAN/WOMAN but i know when and where to use it not like some it's every other word and they don't care who hears it :oops:

personally i think the two main organisers have to be stronger and take more sterner action when there is trouble at race meetings.

Last edited by a moderator:
DavidH said:
is kirkkaldy to far north for the champs.it hosts the scotish champs/derby.??good hike if you live in the south. old hall sounds good  :D
We could swap them around the country each year north, middle and south as the fed has done with the bend champs...but to be honest you will always get someone that moans when they have to travel to far.

JOHNG said:
well said sheila could'nt agree more especially with the bad language that is used that is one reason why i won't take my grandson as the first & last time he went in may it was terrible ,i can use foul language as well as the next MAN/WOMAN but i know when and where to use it not like some it's every other word and they don't care who hears it :oops:
personally i think the two main organisers have to be stronger and take more sterner action when there is trouble at race meetings.

I agree totally john and i know Aden will be very upset as he loves to go away with you camping

I do agree with Vicky can't see any club wanting champs unless they get assurance that know fighting, damage, etc,etc will happen and lets face it who on the nnwrf committee will give that assurance :oops:

I cannot see any committee being able to give that assurance, you couldn't when you and your partner ran the old N.W.R.F. The B.W.R.A. could not, neither could the N.N.W.R.F.

If individuals wish to cause problems they will do so without the organisers blessings, as you and everyone well know.

Lets face it nothing can be assured, who would of thought 2 committee members could steal members money and all racing equipment...now i would say thats a big issue

debbie said:
WELL I SUPPOSE I HAD BETTER HAVE MY SAY AS SPELLBOUND HAS CERTAINLY HAD HERS, AS FOR BEEN A TROUBLE CAUSER I AIN,T,. I HAVE HAD TWO DISAGREEMENTS WHILE AT THE WHIPPETS AT ASHFORDBY,. THE OTHER INCIDENT WAS BECAUSE NO MOTHER WOULD LET ANY PERSON HIT THEIR CHILD, AS YOU SPELLBOUND MUST THINK ITS OK TO HIT OTHER PEOPLES CHILDREN LIKE YOU DID MINE,.AS FOR NAMING AND SHAMING I NAME MYSELF GUILTY OF ABOVE FACTS

This incident would have never happened had you took head to the letter that was sent spellbound, you were told off the nnwrf committee you were not welcome at this event and asked not to attend as you would be asked to leave....you did attend and when asked by the committee and ashfordby club committee to leave you just gave us all a load of verbal and ignored our requests.

I took would of taken action against you if you had hit one of my kids, but i would of done it though the proper manner with the police when you assaulted the kid.

I totally agree with everything Sheila and John Gill have said, especially the bad language. If I thought either of our children (now grown up of course) used the language we hear I wouldn't hesitate but to tell them off, as old as they are. People have no respect when they turn out bad language as they do, especially in front of young children. Afterall, courtesy, politeness and good manners costs nothing.

JOHNG said:
sheilawebb said:
I must say Val I don't know who you are referring to as old foggies but I can assure you as things stand at this moment in time if it wasn't for the older generation holding racing together and still working hard to run the sport, the sport would wrap up altogether.  I love the sport otherwise Arthur and I would not be working as hard as we do at our age for our region.  The other thing that keeps us going is the great crowd we have as members of our club.  Quite honestly,  I haven't  found when reading K9 that it is any specific age group that is responsible for all the trouble in our sport, in fact,  I don't think I have ever seen  a senior citizen use bad language on here either because that isn't how we were brought up.
well said sheila could'nt agree more especially with the bad language that is used that is one reason why i won't take my grandson as the first & last time he went in may it was terrible people reading this might think i am a prude/stuck up old git but it is the way i have been brought up to resect your elders sadly all that as gone,i can use foul language as well as the next MAN/WOMAN but i know when and where to use it not like some it's every other word and they don't care who hears it :oops:

i respect you john being my elder lol :D :D

i think its time to forget the whys and whatever and find somewhere and get on with racing ,Ive argued on here probably more than most but it gets us no where :( apart from anyone reading who may have a venue will think sod that lot they aint coming here so lets give it a rest -_- one thing most of us have in common is we love our sport socializing and competing :thumbsup:

mutley said:
i think its time to forget the whys and whatever and find somewhere and get on with racing ,Ive argued on here probably more than most but it gets us no where :(   apart from anyone reading who may have a venue will think sod that lot they aint coming here so lets give it a rest  -_- one thing most of us have in common is we love our sport socializing  and competing  :thumbsup:

Well Said :cheers: mutley, whathas happened has happened and now it is time to move on...... wiser for the experience :oops:

debbie said:
spellbound said:
so anyone got any tracks in mind the bwra could goto next year, ?? if old hall say they can't have the champs there, what about the melton track at rutland arms they had camping on site, it will need some work on the track but so did Asfordby when they went there ??

a few suggestions

blidworth, devon, worcester, old hall, newton aycliffe to name just a few :- "

blidworth no camping facilities :( worcester i think can only take 30 caravans i went once 4 the weekend :( old hall wondering why we stopped going there in the 1st place and wud they want us back? :( newton aycliffe wud be wonderful but cud we get it? :blink:

hopefully we will get somewhere sorted out 4 next year as some people have said it may have to go to a 1 day event with pre entry etc.

Havent been on here for a while but have been bemused by some of the points raised lately regarding whats wrong racing at moment.

Firstly being a user of the dreaded bad language doesnt make me disrespectfull of anyone, niether does it mean that I was any worse brought up than anyone older than me, I find absolutely incredible that anybody can make these assumptions then in the same breath say they were brought up to have respect of others.

My daughter VALERIE brought up that she had been to a few races where violence has taken place she then went on to say that I had said most people get on okay and ended with a joking statement that its all the old foggies who are fighting bearing in mind everyone over the age of thirty is an old foggie to her she meant no disrespect by it.

However since this remark I have been glad to learn that its only the older generation who have been holding racing together all these years the rest of us apparently only there to make up the numbers.

Val

i totlay f.....g agree val :D :D :D ive got turrets too its that swearing disease :p :p same as that bloke in the tv sereise shameless lol (w00t) :p

DENISE BAILEY said:
Vicky said:
What is the point in sorting new venues just for people to spoil it for us?  It's getting to the point now where there's no straight track in the country we haven't been chucked off for champs.

I don't think anyone was chucked off Old hall, i think when Ashfordby was found the 2 organization decided to go there, unsure why the fed did as in my eyes it would of been wiser at the time to have the 2 venues, this is why when the old nwrf resigned and the new nwrf took over we were negotiating returning back to Old hall.

All we can hope for now is that new venues can be found.

the fed champs were at seaham before we went to Asfordby so not sure what your point is,

Quote we were negotiating returning back to old hall, so how many years is the negotiating going to take ????

Val don't want to upset you :b but you are one off the old foggie's ( over thirty) :- " lol :D :D :cheers:

[quote=mayfair,Oct 6 2005, 11:45 AM i think the forged scottish money,( may be this is how the bar staff new who handed the money over), and the toilet waste is more of an issue which is a health hazzard to the children who play on the field week in week out is more to be concerned about, and wonder if these people will recieve a ban

The toilet issue is generalised (could apply to anyone) but the Scottish money in my opinion in the way that you put it applies to the Scottish racer's so can you shed a bit more light after all the Scottish Derby etc were held four weeks before the Straight Championahip's and a lot of English racer's who supported the event's in Scotland (and I thank you for you support) might have traveled back home with Scottish money in their pockets so why mention Scottish money.

Valerie Haggart said:
is it not about time the folk that this has concerned can now put their differences aside it is a shock for someone who is just in the sport and thinking of buying a pup. my mum says everyone seems to get on okay but already i m having doubts

Valerie (not Val that's mum eh :thumbsup: ) go on get that pup all us racers might have our differances but at the end of the day may the best dog/bitch etc win.

mayfair said:
i think the forged scottish money,( may be this is how the bar staff new who handed the money over), and the toilet waste is more of an issue which is a health hazzard to the children who play on the field week in week out is more to be concerned about, and wonder if these people will recieve a ban, lets here what the committee,s will do with them, if anything :- "
John said:
The toilet issue is generalised (could apply to anyone) but the Scottish money in my opinion in the way that you put it applies to the Scottish racer's so can you shed a bit more light after all the Scottish Derby etc were held four weeks before the Straight Championahip's and a lot of English racer's who supported the event's in Scotland (and I thank you for you support) might have traveled back home with Scottish money in their pockets so why mention Scottish money.
I thought maybe scottish money was used so it would be harder for the bar staff to tell if it was duff or not, i dont think people are daft enough to think that just because it was Scottish notes it narrows it down to just the Scottish racers.

I suppose it's by the by now anyway, we need to be thinking about getting new tracks sorted rather than trying to analyse whether what the management say is true or not.

just last week in the local paper someone was caught passing duff scotish £20 pound notes over the bar in south shields and they were from london,so it dos'nt say that you have to be scotch could have been anyone :- " imo

I thought maybe scottish money was used so it would be harder for the bar staff to tell if it was duff or not, i dont think people are daft enough to think that just because it was Scottish notes it narrows it down to just the Scottish racers.

In my opinion no if Scottish notes are that much of a problem in England why did the bar staff not have one of those pens that they could score across the note to see if it was a dud after all I have had this happen to me when I go shopping nearly every time I am down in England (because they say that there is a problem with Scottish notes) even then they call the manager to see if they can take it. This in my opinion was directed at Scottish racers after all it's a lot easyier to point the finger at the Scottish racers given that there was a lot less of us there than English racers so I ask again Mayfair can you shed some light on this. I have had all the funny money jokes at weigh in's so in future I am quite happy to write a cheque if there is a problem (just ask) even though the money I carry with me comes staight from the A.T.M at my bank after all being a typical Scott I don't want to incur bank charges if I use a A.T.M in England.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back