The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra. Straight Champs.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
dont think the champs would be the same if it was not a weekend event :( after all its probably the most prestigious event of the year . hope its sorted good luck :luck: i think swallows nest seems the obvious choice just my opinion :thumbsup:

jeffb said:
dogs and bitches on the same day use too work  before when we raced atmeasham [showing my age] but then we had regionals ,and the programes where already sorted out when you got there and everything was already sorted

out i think to weigh the dogs and bitches on the same day and get the programes printed and get everthing to run smoothly would be pushing it  but if its one optune that we might have to take don,t rule it out  and give the commitee the chance

We could try pre booking, it worked well before.

:D LOL thats showing my age as well :thumbsup:

From a very selfish point of veiw I hope it stays in the midlands, its our only large event our side of the of the border and not everyone can travel to the other big events like the English Derby , Scotish Derby / champs. The Fed champs. Not just me theres alot of racers who cant get to these big events. Thats four big events every year alot of racers cant get to, so its great having one in the midlands.

swallows nest is center of the country Pauline :- " personally i dont mind where it is as long as its on :thumbsup:

mutley said:
swallows nest is center of the country Pauline :- "  personally i dont mind where it is as long as its on :thumbsup:
Didnt mean that Gaz , What Im saying is all the big events are from Swollownest north. Name me one big event ie Derby / champs south of Swollowsnest. I would love to go to all the events up north but like alot of others its just to far for me to travel. So the south do miss out.

i agree with moving it about yearly, but this year i would say swallowsnest as not much time is left to sort things

only big races up north r the english derby, scottish derby and lord byron plate down south theres the devon weeks which this year hosted the puppy and yearling champs the other puppy and yearling champs were @ worcester, bwra pup/yearling champs old hall, most of the bend opens r south i think we get one top ten @ easington.

i hope the champs will b held @ swallownest as to me that is the middle of the country if its not there then old hall im not bothered @ all whether its a day or weekend event i just hope they get somewhere central. good luck to them.

this is just my opinion but i dont think moving the champs around the country wud work imo. 4 instance if u had it in devon i very much doubt the scottish people wud travel that far we prob wudnt, then if u had it in scotland the people from devon etc wudnt travel that far etc etc so therefore u wudnt be getting the best dogs from all over the country competing. now if i was ever lucky enuf to get a title id rather have one where all the best dogs from all over the country have competed not just the dogs from up north or down south but from everywhere so IMO its only fair that its kept in the midlands. ie old hall, swallownest etc etc,

sherry said:
this is just my opinion but i dont think moving the champs around the country wud work imo. 4 instance if u had it in devon i very much doubt the scottish people wud travel that far we prob wudnt, then if u had it in scotland the people from devon etc wudnt travel that far etc etc so therefore u wudnt be getting the best dogs from all over the country competing. now if i was ever lucky enuf to get a title id rather have one where all the best dogs from all over the country have competed not just the dogs from up north or down south but from everywhere so IMO its only fair that its kept in the midlands. ie old hall, swallownest etc etc,
I agree with you Carol we need one central venue for the bwra I hope thay find one soon. Its a nightmare for them at this late stage with the champs coming up. but fingers crossed all will be fine for next year :luck:

does anybody know when we will find out where championships is actually being held :- "

tanyia said:
mutley said:
swallows nest is center of the country Pauline :- "  personally i dont mind where it is as long as its on :thumbsup:
Didnt mean that Gaz , What Im saying is all the big events are from Swollownest north. Name me one big event ie Derby / champs south of Swollowsnest. I would love to go to all the events up north but like alot of others its just to far for me to travel. So the south do miss out.

hall green bend champs : just one :D quite a lot more too pauly just think champs needs to be central for all :D Scottish included :thumbsup:personally i always liked old hall :)

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a track at rutland arms still that was a good venue :)

I didnt count the bends Gaz as we dont bend race , yes the track is still at Rutland but Ive no idea whats its like now. Had some good racing there and good fun. I dont know if thay have looked into that track or not.

Its about time they sorted something out, hell knows they have had long enough

as anyone heard anything jet :- " as the reps only had till yesterday to report back to the top table :oops: or will the members be left not nowing any thing but gossip like usual :- "

its time we as memebers were keept up to date :thumbsup:

ive heard all north east members are voteing for swallowsnest :- " :thumbsup:

parker said:
Its about time they sorted something out, hell knows they have had long enoughas anyone heard anything jet  :- " as the reps only had till yesterday to report back to the top table  :oops: or will the members be left not nowing any thing but gossip like usual :- "

its time we as memebers were keept up to date :thumbsup:

has to be one ey ...... the bwra had to wait for thr reps to get back to them , thay are checking the venues out and and it should be sorted by the weekend. Would you take time off work to do what thay are doing. If you want to know whats going on tell your reps to do there jobs and find out, then let there members know.

weave never been asked by our reps :( I'm sure the committee will sort it out and make it fair for all traveling

yes Gaz thay can only do there best to try and please most, a safe track for the dogs must come first.

We had all this speculation and crap before ------with Hall Green----its about time you all let those who you voted in--------- -_- -_-

do what they were voted in to do --- :- "

stop all this negativety and give them some credit for what they have done ---to date--

start your gripes after instead of prior to events ---it aint easy --or well paid ---

if it was there would be more wanting to take on the roll--- :oops:

If you can do better put yourself up for these positions on the committee--

go on i dare you--- :oops:

then see what its really like when you do your best for no appreciation what so ever---

what will be will be

steve

our north east rep ( joyce thoburn) typed up a letter asking us if we had any suggestions and wot our opinions etc etc were on the tracks available she handed the letters 2 us on sat and asked us to get back to her by sunday and anybody she never saw on sat she asked on sunday. as its such short notice 4 this year the north east members that were asked ( and that was the majority of them) all opted for swallownest as we know its available 4 that weekend. so i can tell u that by monday the north east rep wud have gotten back to the bwra with the suggestion of swallownest i dont know about any other regions i just know thats wot we opted 4. hopefully we will all find out by this weekend coming. good luck to the bwra.

Lets just hope that something is sort out quickly as its only about 6 weeks away also its not a easy task for anyone to do, theres alot involved in getting a track and facilities arranged and prepared...

Best of luck in finding the right venue :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back