The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra Update

Doreen Hopkins

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Doreen Hopkins BWRA Secreatary here,as you probably already know we have had to change some of the venues for racing in 2005.

The Lord Byron Plate will now be at Dawdon on Sunday April17th 2005

The Jackcadman will be at S.E.W.R.C on Sunday June 12th 2005

this will be part of a weekend event that is being staged by that club

All the other straight events will be at Asfordby as was originally planned

i had heard that bigges maine has been sorted for the lord byron? :wacko:

What a pleasant surprise to see the BWRA Secreatary posting on k9 at least now you can use the technology to keep us all informed.

What S.E.W.R.C will the Jackcadman be held at.

Also could you explain why some members have received letter from the BWRA informing them that there 2005 membership will not be renewed unless they sign away freedom of speech after this years AGM, Also these letter were dated 8/ 10/ 04 that date was before the AGM.

What did happen as Mrs Y Raginoly on whippet,pets and fun board has posted telling people that she was told some people only went to course trouble and get the committee to resign so they could get people they wanted back on the top table, and they very nearly did just that , she says thankfully the members stoped some of the committee from walking out thing got that bad, and one of the people coursing the trouble was boasting in the ladys toilet about how quick they got the committee to walkout, and she says, it had nothing to-do with asking questions.

Is this true what really did happen

LOL LOL LOL LOL

Where dos Mrs Raginoly get her info from ? on one from any past committee was there that would want to do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought this topic was about where race venues were to be held at?

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT YVONNE BEFORE YOU START STIRRING AND CAUSING TROUBLE YET AGAIN ; NOBODY WAS BOASTING IN THE TOILETS IT WAS ME WHO COMMENTED TO SHEILA COPLEY "IT DOESN,T TAKE MUCH FOR THEM TO PACK IN DOES IT "

Hi Sherry,Doreen BWRA sec here, the Lord byron was going to be at Bigges Maine

but then they told me that they could not fit the 165yds in that was required.

I did inquire about Newton Aycliffe but they have the same problem as Asfordby

the ground is used for football too.

Dawdon was suggested to me as another option and they said that they were happy to stage it,they can fit the distance in on their track.I think it only fair that we try to keep it in the North of England,I hope you agree.

good news well done dawdon :D always great racing at this club, and its nice to see it held here again in the north :cheers:

thankyou doreen, dawdon is great for me :cheers: last time i raced my dogs @ dawdon the track was spot on :)

Can we camp over at Dawdon. Ive never been to this track :eek:

Doreen here,Ithink the best person to ask about camping would be Joyce Thoburn fron the N/E she is the regional secretary

stardust said:
Doreen Hopkins BWRA Secreatary here,as you probably already know we have had to change some of the venues for racing in 2005.
The Lord Byron Plate will now be at Dawdon on Sunday April17th 2005

The Jackcadman will be at S.E.W.R.C on Sunday June 12th 2005

this will be part of a weekend event that is being staged by that club

All the other straight events will be at Asfordby as was originally planned
[SIZE=14pt]Thanx for that Info stardust[/SIZE] :D

Last edited by a moderator:
dawdon isnt actually classed as the north east region doreen i think it goes under north yorks?

susan its about 40 mins past wallsend dont think there will be camping cant see where u cud camp? but dont quote me on that? :wacko:

ahum sherry, we have camped there before and had a great weekend, caravans went down the side of the fence..... was great :D

yea remember wen batesons and lagans use to camp there regular!!

wudnt get many on now i wud av thought!

jojess must have been b4 my time all i know is the cars park on the field when racing is on and the field isnt that big? :wacko: lol

i think the nearest site is at stockton on tees

theres is space for caravans but no facilities. i run dawdon with tanya, if any1 was intrested i could ask seaham leasure centre if the caravans could park on there carpark and use there facilities. Dawdon track is about 5 mins drive away. please let me no if any1 would be intrested in this.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back