The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bwra

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
milly said:
I've trialled our two pups on this track, and going back for more :thumbsup: Hard working club members, very obliging, a very friendly crowd, nice wide traps.

What more can you ask for!

Cheap beer :cheers:

I have camped at this venue (2004) and have no problem with the track as I would not have run my dogs there even after travelling if the track was in poor condition. Nice club with hard working members who made me feel very welcome and who deserve credit for the hard work that they do they even managed to get on television recently plugging the sport. Here are my dogs on the day doing there best thanks for a good weekend.

robbiepic.jpg

rickypic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Track July last year (it should be noted this was during the heatwave we was experiencing as well)

track.jpg

Great looking track a credit to the workers at this club :cheers:

Pat

"deemed not suitable" by whom though. I can't recall any of the current committee having ever visited Gin Pit.

Seems the tracks been run into the ground before even been considered...it was my understand that A T MINERS was one of the tracks offered as a venue at the bwra AGM in Nov 06 for this years 07 championships

If the members of A T Miners are willing to put the work in then i don't see why this cannot be sorted for this years champs... members must be aware that they cannot have the best of both world camping and superb running ground (not that i am saying A T Miners is bad as i have never been)...but lets look at how the dogs running at this club week in week out are preforming at the opens of late :thumbsup: top form i would say

Look whats on offer camping & facility's, some where to have a presentation , a track and all the help need to get the track at its best

Ive got nothing against Worcester but do think we are going to have a real problem with finding camp sites..ive spent 3 hours again on the phone today and have found nothing that is willing to take vans or dogs unless you pay extra per night for each dog

seems to me this venue is the answer :thumbsup:

John said:
I have camped at this venue (2004) and have no problem with the track as I would not have run my dogs there even after travelling if the track was in poor condition. Nice club with hard working members who made me feel very welcome and who deserve credit for the hard work that they do they even managed to get on television recently plugging the sport. Here are my dogs on the day doing there best thanks for a good weekend.
robbiepic.jpg

rickypic.jpg

Susan and John will not run there dogs on a bad track no matter how far thay have travelled. The last thing we want is a north south divide. So makes good sence to me to use the track that can provide what racers need and is easy to get to from both north and south.

Why A and T miners was turned down makes no sence to me at all. The bwra cant aford to be fussy and there is nothing wrong with this venue. If it goes ahead at Worc I hope DEFRA dont find out people and dogs are sleeping in cars :oops:

hope some committee members are reading maybe it will get a response :- "

DENISE BAILEY said:
"deemed not suitable" by whom though. I can't recall any of the current committee having ever visited Gin Pit.

Seems the tracks been run into the ground before even been considered...it was my understand that A T MINERS was one of the tracks offered as a venue at the bwra AGM in Nov 06 for this years 07 championships

If the members  of A T Miners are willing to put the work in then i don't see why this cannot be sorted for this years champs... members must be aware that they cannot have the best of both world camping and superb running ground (not that i am saying A T Miners is bad as i have never been)...but lets look at how the dogs running at this club week in week out are preforming at the opens of late  :thumbsup:   top form i would say

Look whats on offer camping & facility's, some where to have a presentation , a track and all the help need to get the track at its best 

Ive got nothing against Worcester but do think we are going to have a real problem with finding camp sites..ive spent 3 hours again on the phone today and have found nothing that is willing to take vans or dogs unless you pay extra per night for each dog

. leave gaz at home dee,be cheaper then :thumbsup:

the answer is simple members need camping or the attendance will certainly suffer :not having any luck with a site as we have a van for dogs :(

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have said when I went there I was happy to run my dogs on the track even before the club said that they were willing to improve the track further but after making the facility’s available and being declined it might be worth while checking out if the offer is still on the table before things go any further. I just hope that someone makes a final decision soon so that racers who can get to the venue wherever it is can get their accommodation arranged on track or off.

It should be noted by the committee that when Moreton-on-Marsh was suggested there was nowhere near the outcry as there is now because members had the consolation that camping was going to be available.

It is unfair to expect children to spend all weekend trackside when they could be given the opportunity to play with their friends in tents or watch TV in their caravans, etc. No-one knows whether it's going to be raining all weekend or a scorcher but either conditions could be adverse for them. Not only that but kids like a party.....

and so do adults :cheers: Gary Farmer hit the nail on the head with his comments about a presentation in a car park. Surely on such a prestigous year as a 40th anniversary the BWRA would like to hold a fitting presentation? Personally I find a location such as Astley & Tyldesleys Miners Welfare a fitting tribute with it's history deep within the mining community and the sport of whippet racing that went hand in hand with this.

There's also the important factor that the championships should be exactly that, the best racing against the best, I for one feel that every effort should be made to make this event as desirable and accesible to all. For those fortunate to win, the accolade holds much greater value when it's been gained in the most competitive of entries.

Rant over going off to hide behind my camera :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back