The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cat Poop Driving Me Nuts!!

lalena

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
:rant: a couple of doors up has about seven or eight cats. they kept away and were no bother before we bought amber two and a half years ago. since then they have made a point of crapping in our front drive :rant: theyre not stupid enough to risk the back garden, sadly :- " and i am sick to death with fouling our shoes just getting to the car in the morning :rant: tried one of those metal cats with the reflective eyes? not working :angry: tried telling him to at least keep them in some of the time, but no :angry: theyre semi feral cats, and dont go in the house. if i cant find something that works, ITS CAT SEASON!!! and i know its his cats, because every other cat in the area is scared of them, and stick to the other end of the road :angry:

hi

my parents had the same problem with one of her neighbours cats and tried EVERTHING!...and im sorry to say none of it worked!...it did stop however when it died a few months ago :blink: (nothing to do with us i might add...it was old!)

i think that the owner should pick it up in my opinion! :(

My dad had this problem, but his neighbour is responsible enough to come and clear it up. But they are on friendly terms which makes it easier, my father had to go and speak to them about it.

Are you able to ask them to pick up after their cats.

This may be a total waste of time posting this as I dont know if the product is available anywhere, but there is something called REYNARDINE which is predominantly for the scaring off of foxes and the like. It absolutely reeks :x and a friend has had a lot of success with it against cats. I seem to remember reading it has been taken off the market ( along with many other things the good old EU have taken offence to) but I managed to track some down in an old fashioned hardware shop , hidden in the arsehole of nowhere. Might be worth seeing if you can get hold of some ............................or a rifle. :oops:

sunny said:
My dad had this problem, but his neighbour is responsible enough to come and clear it up. But they are on friendly terms which makes it easier, my father had to go and speak to them about it.Are you able to ask them to pick up after their cats.

hes a bit 'strange' :wacko: apart from shopping, he only leaves the house once a week to do his paper round. a bit of a recluse :( but he wont listen to us, says it cant be his cats blah blah blah. i totally understand theyre his friends, and loves them, but :x :x :x and it sends my dogs loopy!

so theres no hope then, kaz? i cant pin my hopes on death, either. this chap just feeds all strays, and in the nearly four years we've lived here his flock has expanded. on top of the poop problem, theres the fighting and yowling. none of the females has been done. because 'thats going against nature, every girl should be a mum' :rant: wish he'd realise that his little colony will cause a lot more problems when he dies :(

masta said:
ooooh, thats a good one :thumbsup: i'm sure a bottle of wine to whichever neighbour gets hit by a flying cat will smooth things over o:)

i'm not much of a cat person...does it show? :b

you need balls.

mothballs. :- "

so theres no hope then, kaz? i cant pin my hopes on death, either. this chap just feeds all strays, and in the nearly four years we've lived here his flock has expanded. on top of the poop problem, theres the fighting and yowling. none of the females has been done. because 'thats going against nature, every girl should be a mum' :rant: wish he'd realise that his little colony will cause a lot more problems when he dies :(

i know...sorry to be so negative but i used to work as a vet nurse and it was the most asked question for help of all time!!!!! everyone has an answer but ive yet to find one that really helps :(

When we first moved into our house 11 years ago we brought 3 whippets with us, our new neighbours took one look and said that they hoped the dogs had been wormed as they didnt want there kids going blind, after Mark had educated them he noticed they had a cat and asked how old it was they said it was 5 he then asked when they had last wormed it, there reply was WE DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD TO WORM A CAT, my dogs are done every 3 months. :- "

Paula Roberts said:
When we first moved into our house 11 years ago we brought 3 whippets with us, our new neighbours took one look and said that they hoped the dogs had been wormed as they didnt want there kids going blind, after Mark had educated them he noticed they had a cat and asked how old it was they said it was 5 he then asked when they had last wormed it, there reply was WE DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD TO WORM A CAT, my dogs are done every 3 months.  :- "
:eek: dont know whats worse, the cheek or the ignorance :blink:

Paula Roberts said:
When we first moved into our house 11 years ago we brought 3 whippets with us, our new neighbours took one look and said that they hoped the dogs had been wormed as they didnt want there kids going blind, after Mark had educated them he noticed they had a cat and asked how old it was they said it was 5 he then asked when they had last wormed it, there reply was WE DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD TO WORM A CAT, my dogs are done every 3 months.  :- "
Paula - a similar thing happened to us at our last house. I have 3 cats of my own - but one of my neighbours used to feed strays and had two of her own too.

I mentioned our wormers one day (Drontal) - and she said 'My cats dont have worms!!!!' I never worm them. I said WELL they must have them then if you dont - and probably fleas too. I explained fully about the whole cycle and - HONESTLY some people just dont want to listen they think they know it all.

She was an elderly person but very knowledgible in other ways - :rant:

Janimal said:
Paula Roberts said:
Paula - a similar thing happened to us at our last house. I have 3 cats of my own - but one of my neighbours used to feed strays and had two of her own too.

I mentioned our wormers one day (Drontal) - and she said 'My cats dont have worms!!!!' I never worm them. I said WELL they must have them then if you dont - and probably fleas too. I explained fully about the whole cycle and - HONESTLY some people just dont want to listen they think they know it all.

She was an elderly person but very knowledgible in other ways - :rant:

dont you just LOVE that sort :- " then you get told not to disrespect your elders, they know best (w00t) i'm looking forward to old age, truly :D

You can get these things that you have to wire up to the mains- NO!! I DON'T MEAN THE CATS- (w00t) They emit a signal everytime some thing goes by and cats hate it, it's the frequency or something that gets to them. These do work as a friend had the same problem with cats pooing all over his front lawn. He got one of these and no more poo. At least until someone knicked it off the wall one day.

You could also try something another friend did with a similar problem when a neighbours dog used to use their garden as a loo. She scooped up all the poo and put it on his car roof :) The problem stopped pretty soon after.

Good luck :luck:

sometimes the skins and peel of lemons and generous amounts of citronella oil is helpful in this type of problem? give it a good covering to the area they are using and reapply everyother day til they get the message. something to do with scent strength. hope that is of help to you

thanks for all the replies :thumbsup: tell you what, if helens cat scarer doesnt work, i'll just put the lemon juice directly on the cats :D afterall, the neighbours would prefer to be hit by a nice smelling cat :teehee:

My Dear old departed Gran used to put mothballs :nuke: in amongst her flowers. She never saw another cat in her garden once she started this tactic!

I don't know if you can still by them though!?

Failing that, introduce your dogs to them :- " :- " :D

Ferret

Used tea bags sprinkled with Olbas Oil & replaced regularly, recomended by someone on Gardner's World, worked in our garden (not sure where my cat did her poos after that though :- " ) Some of the gardening catalogues sell tins of dried Lion poo (w00t) which apparently works too, bit like the Reynardine stuff I suppose.

Helen's cat scarer sounds good though :thumbsup:

Tanya Docwra said:
sometimes the skins and peel of lemons and generous amounts of citronella oil is helpful in this type of problem? give it a good covering to the area they are using and reapply everyother day til they get the message. something to do with scent strength. hope that is of help to you

Worked for me too :thumbsup: The olbas oil I imagine would work a treat too.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back