The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Challenge. Fastest On The Fens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This is an open challenge to any non ped dog or bitch, :thumbsup: some people are always crowing about how fast their dogs are on different site, so now's the chance to put your money where your big gobs are, (w00t)

Or you could just go non-ped racing and race against the best sprint racing dogs in the country. Don't know who's been bragging but fact is if their dogs are racing and winning, then they're fast dogs.

The other matter is if a Supreme Champion Racing whippet came and run over 240yds and got beat, I wouldn't think it was slow, just that the distance didn't suit the dog. All greyhounds have their winning distance, the same applies to racing whippets.

The event, will suit some (and best of luck to those who enter) but I do think if it was altered towards a whippet racing format rather than a lurcher one, entries would be bigger and the ''venue'' would profit more.

Just an idea but you could have 4 classes lightweights (18-22lb) middleweights (24-28lb) heavyweights (30-34lb) and scratch (35lb+) and just have four final races instead of running them off alltogether. It would be safer than what's on offer, unless of course this event is purely aimed at scratch racing non-ped whippets?

This is an open challenge to any non ped dog or bitch, :thumbsup: some people are always crowing about how fast their dogs are on different site, so now's the chance to put your money where your big gobs are, (w00t)

Or you could just go non-ped racing and race against the best sprint racing dogs in the country. Don't know who's been bragging but fact is if their dogs are racing and winning, then they're fast dogs.

The other matter is if a Supreme Champion Racing whippet came and run over 240yds and got beat, I wouldn't think it was slow, just that the distance didn't suit the dog. All greyhounds have their winning distance, the same applies to racing whippets.

The event, will suit some (and best of luck to those who enter) but I do think if it was altered towards a whippet racing format rather than a lurcher one, entries would be bigger and the ''venue'' would profit more.

Just an idea but you could have 4 classes lightweights (18-22lb) middleweights (24-28lb) heavyweights (30-34lb) and scratch (35lb+) and just have four final races instead of running them off alltogether. It would be safer than what's on offer, unless of course this event is purely aimed at scratch racing non-ped whippets?
Don't think Anyones been bragging jaque , just someone mud flingin of poachers pest :clown:

Ahh so that's why it's quiet on here? You've all deserted!! :lol:

QUOTE (gabbitas31 @ Mar 4 2011, 10:43 AM) *

This is an open challenge to any non ped dog or bitch, thumbsup.gif some people are always crowing about how fast their dogs are on different site, so now's the chance to put your money where your big gobs are,

could'nt have put it better myself Jac :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
The challenge is there, (w00t) If you think you've got anything worthy, :lol: take up the challenge and stop crowing. (w00t) like a load of babies in a nest. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) or should that be chickens. :- :- :lol:

I don't think any of us could afford the fuel to get there .......

Fastest on the FensBeast of the East

19/06/11

£50 entry

winner takes 50% of the prize fund

runner up 25%

the remainder to the venue

head to head 2 dogs slipped by one person loser knocked out

winner through to next round and we keep going this way until we run the final.

Non peds only

this is a challenge to you all to be run at the Poachers rest show on the above date, all entries to be received with dogs details and photo by 19/05/11 220m on grass (straight)

its time for everyone to put up or shut up no excuses :thumbsup:
Well I hope you will be happy when all the lurcher clubs and organisations segregate whippet x greyhounds from all the other lurchers, when it comes to racing.

If you think that throwing down a challenge with your registered non ped will prove anything, then your wrong, you'll be cutting off your nose to spite your face, because you're coming out of non ped racing to go back to lurcher racing :wacko:

By the way, what is it you're actually trying to prove Gab? I think I know :thumbsup: I can think of a couple of non peds that will beat your dog, Troy for one, also China, and should Love Lock Down turn up you'll get the beating of your lifes (w00t)

Cliff

19/06/11

£50 entry

runner up 25%

Non peds only

this is a challenge to you all to be run at the Poachers rest show on the above date, all entries to be received with dogs details and photo by 19/05/11 220m on grass (straight)

Well I hope you will be happy when all the lurcher clubs and organisations segregate whippet x greyhounds from all the other lurchers, when it comes to racing.

If you think that throwing down a challenge with your registered non ped will prove anything, then your wrong, you'll be cutting off your nose to spite your face, because you're coming out of non ped racing to go back to lurcher racing :wacko:

By the way, what is it you're actually trying to prove Gab? I think I know :thumbsup: I can think of a couple of non peds that will beat your dog, Troy for one, also China, and should Love Lock Down turn up you'll get the beating of your lifes (w00t)

Cliff

i hope the likes of troy, love lock down and the like have a go, they are good dogs, and who ever wins will be a worthy winner, :thumbsup:

19/06/11

£50 entry

runner up 25%

Non peds only

By the way, what is it you're actually trying to prove Gab? I think I know :thumbsup: I can think of a couple of non peds that will beat your dog, Troy for one, also China, and should Love Lock Down turn up you'll get the beating of your lifes

(w00t)

I can think of a few more than those as well cliff :thumbsup: oh will all the DOGS be muzzled :- :-

Cliff

wouldnt mind a bet on love lock down or troy and a few more but dont think anyone with a good dog from non ped world would risk it not worth the injury factor and the weight format sounds crap jmo :thumbsup:

19/06/11

£50 entry

runner up 25%

Non peds only

Cliff
troy and china are lurchers aint they? if its the same troy and china im thinking of . :cheers:

We hope nick and love lockdown does come, he's a nice bloke and owns a truly out-stand dog, :thumbsup: (which i've told nick in the past) :thumbsup:

Max and Maria with Troy are also more than welcome, :thumbsup: again, good people with a dog thats done well in the past. :thumbsup: (I've only had the pleasure of seeing him run once) :thumbsup: and as far as i'm aware, me old friend John will be coming with his gorgeous girl China. :thumbsup:

As for the comment about ruining it for non peds racing in lurchers shows, :lol: try and race a registered non ped down here in Cornwall at a lurcher show like they do all over the country, :lol: they just don't like it. :lol:

As for not risking your dog, :- non peds do it all year on the straights, only difference is the dogs will be hand slipped,not trapped and you can win a bit more money on the day, but if your not up for it anyone, don't bother paying or giving it go, your choice. :lol:

Why are you trying to make out Nicks dog will win, even i know love lockdown faster than my girl, :lol: (i do watch the results) (w00t)

can't speak for china because we've never met as John will tell you himself. :lol: also the same goes for Troy, never had the pleasure, but perhaps these folks will enter and make it an even better day at The Poachers Rest Show. :thumbsup:

I am Gabs now, (w00t) we got married. :p

sorry im confused :wacko:

is this race for non-peds only or is it open?

because troy and china are deffo lurchers!!!!

if this is the case then please could you be clearer as to what can enter?

Who's the expert thats going to be in charge of saying whether the dogs a non ped / lurcher or greyhound from a photo?

Love Lockdown is THE fastest non-ped racing whippet currently running. We all know this not because it run at a one day event and won but because it has consistently beat the competition running on both bends and straights to win the Whippet News Scratch Top Ten.

It does not need to proove anything.

Yes we run on straights throughout the year but our organisations go out their way to ensure the dogs running, run honestly. Seeing as though this event is open to anything, anyone running could put their dogs at risk from being battered up the track and that's presuming the ground is good enough to cope with the speeds non-peds get up to.

No-one's mentioned the fact we're expected to pay £50 entry via Pay Pal. Buyer protection only applies to physical goods. Not implying anyone's dishonest but it's hardly safe if anything goes tits up.

Personally, I think most non-ped owners will be far more interested in racing in the English Derby that's the week before or running in the Shirebrook Open that's on the same day. For one the historical accolade of winning the English Derby carries far more merit.

I'd like to know why the entry fee can't be payed on the day, also who is the expert thats slipping the dogs, surely the owner should be slipping his/her own dog.

And like thats already been said, who in their right mind would enter their open class non ped at a 2 bit lurcher show/racing event with the high possibility of loose dogs running into their precious dog.

I personally wouldn't support a lurcher show/racing that the Poachers Rest was organising with all the bad press I've been reading, I also have first hand experience of this web site, if your not a yes man, you get barred, no warnings.......... nothing.

Pleased to read that you've got married Gab, by the way, liked the droopys pic you put up on poachers rest ;) .......not really lol

Cliff

sorry im confused :wacko: is this race for non-peds only or is it open?

Hi Sue

Troy and China are non-peds.

There's lurcher racing on before the non-peds run.

We'll be there...are you making one in?

Roger

Agree with the non ped owners on here :thumbsup: Like Gary said not worth the risk.Think Bag would be better running lurcher racing

If china is the dog I'm thinking about they couldn't register it becouse no proof of parents... rumours it was greyhound could be wrong though....... Don't think I am lol :thumbsup:

sorry im confused :wacko: is this race for non-peds only or is it open?

Troy is a non-ped bred by gary farmer :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back