The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Changing Colour...

Ellen

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello,

I've got a question. Our two whippetgirls are 4 and 2,5 years old now. But lately I start noticing that their head is changing colour of getting older. I'm seeing already white/gray hair and I was wondering if your dog(s) also started changing colours so quick ? With our both dogs it started to change between their eyes..

sneeuw03_1.jpg

Hope to read your experiences about this...

Sweet kiss, Ellen

PS. Sorry my English isn't that good, but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ellen,

My little girl Molly (4.5 years) has gone grey around her muzzle, it started changing when she was about 3. You can't really tell though because she is fawn, in fact, people still ask me if she is a puppy :wub: I have also noticed Lenny starting to go a little bit grey too, he is 4. I don't think its anything to worry about, at least I hope it isn't :unsure:

Some lines start to go grey quicker than others, it is nothing to worry about, it is a sign of age!!!!!!!

Luckily unlike us, they don't worry about going grey, :lol:

Hi, I've added a picture of my Phoebe who is only just 4 years old and you can see how almost her entire face is now grey (w00t) . She started growing grey at about 18 months old so much earlier than your two, I believe it is genetic from one or other of the parents rather like people. Of course I would still love her even if she turned purple :lol: but she does look comical sometimes and since this picture was taken the grey is spreading to the top of her head and her ears :- " :D

P1000859.jpg

Thank you for the feedback.

Jezza: Funny isn't it ? People also think that Dobé is still a puppy, because she 's the smallest one but actually she's the oldest of the two and is already 4! :D

I was also wondering if it's true that dogs who're nutred are getting grey sooner than dogs who aren't nutred ?

Fred's blue mask slowly turned grey from about 4 years old onwards.

Here's the Murphster :clown: at a year old....

7-5.jpg

& this is him now,nearly 6 :wub:

IMG_9601.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

our black girl ninny got jher forst grey hair on her fost bithday and lacey who was a fawn with black mask had a full white mask my age 4 so think your lot are doing well they have keeped there colour quiet long

i have 4 boys with grey faces

blue was 3

red/fawn was 18 months

parti was 4

and black boy came with grey at 18 months

i noticed my blue lad started to go grey round the face after his op

Sidney is a blue brindle (blue mask) and he has now got a grey/white muzzle and is only 3 years old.... Ben is blue and has just turned 1 and is going a little grey around his mouth and nose too :lol:

our millie whos black started going grey at 2 years old and phoebes blue and she is 4 now and as started going a little grey around her eyes,finley as just gone 2 and his dark brindle face is gettin g lighter now :(

Dolly at about 3 months old with a white blaze.

200416.jpg

Dolly (on the right) taken recently, with no blaze obvious. She started to lose her blaze very early on I think.

200855.jpg

~Sarah~ said:
Dolly (on the right) taken recently, with no blaze obvious. She started to lose her blaze very early on I think.
How old is she now ?

Ellen said:
~Sarah~ said:
How old is she now ?

Her birthday is February 2004, so she will be 5 next February.

This is Dolly in 2006 and already her blaze is not so clear.

20069.jpg

Daisy ( 5) and Lily (3) are both going grey, Berry (2) and Naughty Jazzy ( 7 months) think it is very funny as they both have larger blazes and it won't show on them as they age.

One of my first whippets was a black racing bred boy Merlin. We showed him for a bit of fun When he was just 12 months old he was in junior and the judge did not believe he was that young as his face was so grey. I don't have any photos of him as it was pre computer days

When we first got Django he was 2 and had only the tiniest bit of grey around his lips. Now he's 4.5 years old and already he has frosty eyebrows and his muzzle is going white. We think it makes him look distinguished though :rolleyes: :wub:

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1450.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back