The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Charity Open

slimfast

Elaine smith
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
ITwas not a bad day, but the wearther was not very good again, :( but we enjoy our selfs. we would like to thank everyone for a FAB DAY :thumbsup: no good again this time try again.we would LIKE TO SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO CHIRIS and LEN we will give it a go :thumbsup: any results yet. AND I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANY YOU TO DIANE&TOM for a lovely photo.it was a nice suprise :huggles:

Yep it poured with rain again. I really must stir my lazy self and go buy the waterproofer for my coat before next Sunday. :b

Thanks to the many people under whose gazeboo's I ................ :) I'm tempted to say languished :D but I didn't I just moved from one to the other and managed to stay pretty unwet.

The open had a very relaxed and nice feel to it I thought. Glad to report that India did in fact get her soft toy puppy, before Dave ran out of money (w00t) . Even I bought more tickets in an attempt to get the pooch for her. So India was a very good marketing device for the tombola. :thumbsup:

Oh and I did hear that Dave was banned from buying anymore tombola tickets as although he failed dismally to get the aforementioned pooch he did win 6 prizes out of 12 tickets. So you had my share of the luck on the tombola Dave :thumbsup:

One highlight of the day was seeing that beautiful black and white staffy run up the track on it's first go (I think) and that dog was on the lure all the way.

Congrats to all the winners and finalists. I am not going to mention anyone because I'll forget someone that I shouldn't and end up deep in the do do. There were some very close and exciting finishes.

Squizzle racing where's the photo then? See you next week. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
BeeJay said:
Yep it poured with rain again.  I really must stir my lazy self and go buy the waterproofer for my coat before next Sunday. :b
Thanks to the many people under whose gazeboo's I ................  :) I'm tempted to say languished  :D   but I didn't I just moved from one to the other and managed to stay pretty unwet.

The open had a very relaxed and nice feel to it I thought.  Glad to report that India did in fact get her soft toy puppy, before Dave ran out of money (w00t) .  Even I bought more tickets in an attempt to get the pooch for her.  So India was a very good marketing device for the tombola. :thumbsup:

Oh and I did hear that Dave was banned from buying anymore tombola tickets as although he failed dismally to get the aforementioned pooch he did win 6 prizes out of 12 tickets.  So you had my share of the luck on the tombola Dave :thumbsup:

One highlight of the day was seeing that beautiful black and white staffy run up the track on it's first go (I think) and that dog was on the lure all the way.

Congrats to all the winners and finalists.  I am not going to mention anyone because I'll forget someone that I shouldn't and end up deep in the do do.  There were some very close and exciting finishes.

Squizzle racing where's the photo then?  See you next week.  :thumbsup:

i agree with you about the water proofs, after Glousceter last week i need to invest in a pair myself.

Can someone post the results please :D . really pi**ed off i missed today but had to attend a wedding, if i had the choice i would have raced the dogs but would have been in the dog house. (w00t)

Hi Every-one Just like to say we all had a good day yesterday, part from the P............G rain again, :angry: excuse the expression,I have got the result's (but still in the van). Yet once again well done to all the finalist's they all know who they are........... look forward to seeing you at the Champ's next week :luck: Oh yes Barbara we did notice you were under our Gazebo quite a lot, just because Reg was in the final with you was you trying to do something to him : :- "

It was nice to see Simon Cowell on tombola you know how you are....... thank's steve........ A Big Thank You to all the people that arranged the Event hope we can have another one next year. It's nice to have a Sunday of.

Hope Garry Comber's new hair style went well, :lol: glad it's nearly summer and not winter :- " can"t wait to see the turn out :lol:

Also just like to say the programe was rearly lovely :cheers:

Best Wishe's to you all. Tina Colin Craig Diamond Geezer, and Big Ron and the rest of the Gang,

Thank's Guy'es XXXXXX

Not Ex 17lbs

Main final

1 - Bold as Brass

2 - Whiphaven Moondust

Not Ex 19lbs

Main final

1 - Elvire

2 - Rch Close to crazy

3 - Opal Nugget

4 - Golden Snitch

Cons Final

1 - Vensuter Rio Venture

2 - Harber Monza

3 - Written on the wind

4 - Cornish Molly

Not Ex 21lbs

Main Final

1 - Talk of the Devil

2 - Bewitching Venture

3 - Black Dolly

4 - Terraquinn

Cons Final

1 - Black Gold

2 - Xcalibur

3 - Della 2 St Francis

4 - Desperado

Not Ex 23lbs

Main Final

1 - Vensuter Alaska Venture

2 - Sabrina

3 - Rch Guye's Gwynder

4 - Savernake Falcon

Cons Final

1 - Devils Gift

2 - Daylight Katie

3 - Cornish Fly

Non Run - Over the Top

Not Ex 25lbs

Main Final

1 - Stripey Tara

2 - Kinda Spooky

3 - Chime at Midnight

4 - Just like Jimmy

Cons Final

1 - Conway Celt

2 - Whiphaven Mighty Mouse

3 - Magical Mayhem

4 - Monkey Business

Not Ex 29lbs

Main Final

Missed results

Cons

Missed results

Not Ex 32lbs

Main

Missed results

Cons Final

1 - Apache Jack Flash

2 - Jesters Tear (w00t)

3 - Cornish Prince

Then unfortuantly i was so happy at coming 2nd i missed everything else :oops:

Sorry

I would like to say a big thanks to the organisers and to everyone from my club...esp June who let me sit under her gazibo and stay dry

I have recovered from running up and down the track after forgetting Tillys muzzle :sweating: :- "

I cant beleive Tilly (Jesters Tear) came second and am totally shell shocked (w00t)

Managed to get back in time for Casulty and watched Dr Who on replay :b :- " one happy OH :lol:

Not Ex 29lbs

Main Final

1st Run at Mill

2nd Diamond Geezer

3rd Alchemist

4th Smokey Quartz Venture

Cons

1st Zakrobat

Sorry didn't get the others. :b

Not Ex 32lbs

Main

1st Big Ron

2nd Rch Star of Wonder

3rd Soulman

4th Danny Boy

Vets n/e 21lbs

Main

1st Rch Flyaway

2nd Rch Woodleigh Gold

3rd Rch Guye's Guinevere

4th VC Sharp Hint

Cons

1st Woodnymph

2nd Lucy Blue

3rd Holway's Firefly

4th Whiphaven Dangermouse

Vet n/e 26lbs

Main

1st Rch Red Devil

2nd Rch VC Bunny Girl

3rd Brismar

4th Mortons Tilly Whizz

Cons

1st Savernake Pied Wagtail

Vet n/e 32lbs

Main

1st Jasper JCB

2nd Rch VC Mahler

Sorry don't have who came 3rd or 4th but the other dogs were Rch VC Guye's Gwithian and Xcite.

Cons

1st Savernake Slipstream

2nd Shifting Sands

>Oh yes Barbara we did notice you were under our Gazebo quite a lot, just because Reg was in the final with you was you trying to do something to him :

Alan says obviously not as he beat Jest (again). Me I say that I need to think of summat different. (w00t)

:lol: Watch out for the super glue next week. :thumbsup: Dog can't run with his legs stuck together.

Well here we are again Beejay :eek: :eek:

Hiya again I bet your's can't either (w00t) (w00t) . Any way it's so nice to run with some-one you can have a laugh with. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) .

We had a great day too - always glad to share the gazebo with anyone who wants to share it with us :D

Congratulations to June Foster and her hard working team, who made the day a total success. The programmes were lovely, and quite moving too.

Looking forward to seeing Gary Comber with his new hairdo - hope they finish it off properly for him (w00t)

It's great that whippet racing can do some good for a charity that touches us all in one way or another.

Once again [SIZE=21pt]WELL DONE[/SIZE] to all concerned, and of course the finalists.

A bit more that got missed out....

Not Ex 27

Main Final

1. Devil In Me

2. Bring It On

3. Georgie Girl

4. Smokey Quartz Venture

Cons Final

1. Wilsdon Jimmy Mac

2. Born & Bred

3. Harber Ferrari

4. Total Disaster

Smokey Quartz was in the 29lb group.

I haven't got the 3rd and 4th for the 27lbs but Happy Days was in the main final with the others.

:oops: yes, it was Happy Days that was 4th. My eye/finger slipped ;) I wonder if I'll even remember how to fill in a programme next week. It'll be 6 weeks since I did one :(

Judy said:
:oops:   yes, it was Happy Days that was 4th. My eye/finger slipped  ;) I wonder if I'll even remember how to fill in a programme next week. It'll be 6 weeks since I did one  :(
(w00t) I still can't the get first races right. 2/4 does that 2nd in the 4th race or 4th in the 2nd race. I'm okay once I'm on race 6 and beyond.

When I went to Oxford it seemed very strange. All the people I'm used to seeing just weren't there. As a result there seemed to be a lot more people that I don't know there. On the other hand maybe there was a lot more people that I don't know there.

Just arrived home, Had a fantastic weekend. Really did. :D

Wanted to re-iterate to everyone the Amazing achievement that WE are all responsible for!!

Between us we raised over £3000 pounds!

That includes everyone who bought a raffle ticket to those of us (jeff!) who spent more than we would have liked at the auction.

Maureen and June should be sooo proud of themselves for this achievement, as should everyone else that put themselves out to help with the fund raising.

Especially Gary, Who must feel like he has been scalped.( It has taken 10 years off him!)

I know we all love our racing and are passionate about points and top ten placings but i just felt we were losing the real meaning of this open.

We may have saved someones life yesterday. How often can we say that?

Many thanks for a wonderful weekend guys

Jim

colin+tina said:
Hi Every-one Just like to say we all had a good day yesterday, part from the P............G rain again, :angry:   excuse the expression,I have got the result's (but still in the van). Yet once again well done to all the finalist's they all know who they are........... look forward to seeing you at the Champ's next week :luck:   Oh yes Barbara we did notice you were under our Gazebo quite a lot, just because Reg was in the final with you was you trying to do something to him :  :- "                                                     
It was nice to see Simon Cowell on tombola you know how you are....... thank's steve........ A Big Thank You to all the people that arranged the Event hope we can have another one next year. It's nice to have a Sunday of.       

Hope Garry Comber's new hair style went well, :lol:   glad it's nearly summer and not winter  :- " can"t wait to see the turn out :lol:          

Also just like to say the programe was rearly lovely :cheers:                

Best Wishe's to you all. Tina Colin Craig Diamond Geezer, and Big Ron and the rest of the Gang,           

Thank's Guy'es XXXXXX

Judy said:
:oops:   yes, it was Happy Days that was 4th. My eye/finger slipped  ;) I wonder if I'll even remember how to fill in a programme next week. It'll be 6 weeks since I did one  :(

well judy you have been missed :huggles:

im getting quite good at the programme so you can crib of me :D

I may pop up to the open, Not running, but i may bring some jackets to sell :thumbsup:

I am staggered by the total raised. WELL DONE to all the organisers. I think all had a good time. The disco was energetic and boozy, I'm not sure if Lynne has recovered yet. The dog show was a hoot with little ones 'coaxing' dogs round the ring. Well done to Jo and Archie for going Best in Show. Not sure how Gary feels about the hair-do as so few people are likely to recognise him, he may feel a little excluded, but all credit to him.

Only downside to the w/e was that Jools aka Xcite dropped BOTH hamstrings, so he won't be about for a while! P.S. Is this a record i.e. both legs in one race?

Sorry to hear about Jools / Xcite Lesley :( :luck: with the recovery.

Did no-one take any photos at all? (w00t) I hear that the official K9 photographer was a bit 'under the weather' :cheers: :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back