The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chase Me

mazza

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Does Annie think Alf is a rabbit.

Annie is always grabbing at Alfie when we take them out for a run.

It's like she's practising her rabbit catching skills on him, although she has never been rabbiting I guess this is how she would try to get hold of one on the run.

Poor Alf bless him, what he haves to put up with from this girl. He really doesn't seem to mind her doing this to him and thank goodness she never hurts him.

He knows it's just a game. :huggles:

This is the only good photo I got today, but it made up for all the rubbish ones I took.

AlfandAe.jpg

what a great picture..... what did you take it with?

Superb picture :wub: :huggles: :wub: - little Alf looks as though he has taken off. :lol: :lol:

What a fantastic shot! And both in mid-air, as well! Makes me want a JRT...

Brilliant photo - all leg's off the ground! (w00t)

That is a truely amazing picture. I love the expression on his face. You should enter it into a competition, I bet you'd win.

Fantastic picture Mandy - love it. :thumbsup: those little legs .... :lol:

Wow :D That is a fantastic shot of them :thumbsup:

Wonderful picture! This seems to be the typical whippet action when out running with other dogs. My Willow chomps at the ears!

Alison

saraquele said:
snapdogs said:
what a great picture..... what did you take it with?

i want to know too im looking for a new camera :D

( just in case santa wants to leave me one :- " )

I'm using a Canon 300d. Had it for about a year, if you want a single lens reflex

Canon 350d is the newer model, very good spec. :thumbsup: Nikon do a good

range too.

So many good digital compact cameras on the market to choose from also.

Oh I love that! :wub: :wub: Albie does it to Oliver all the time! :wacko:

That's one of the best pics I've seen, the look on Alfies face- Oh God, here we go again- It really made me laugh. :lol: My lurcher (whippet cross) did this to the Bedlington for a while until he got really peeed off with her one day :rant: & she's not done it since. she now does it to our new lurcher pup (greyhound cross) but as pup is going to outgrow her quite soon that will probably stop cos she's a big

coward really. :(

Awww what a good sport Alfie is pretending to be a bunny for Annie :teehee: :wub: :wub:

gosh, what an amazing picture! all legs off the floor! fantastic! :cheers:

also, very interesting to me as a newbie whippet owner - I was wondering how whippets got on with living with different breeds of dog. People so often have a (what is the collective term for lots of whippets? a whippy?!) lot of whippets, but I'm not aware of whippets + other types of dogs living together.

Fab picture....so well caught. :thumbsup: My whippet Fred does that with my miniature schnauzer Stan.

Whippets do live happily enough with other breeds, but I do feel (from my own experience) they prefer their own kind. Fred won't cuddle up to Stan like you see whippets doing together. You can see his nose wrinkle when Stan trys to get too close :p I'm sure the smell puts him off. He has quite a wiry coat, which can smell a bit. He is quite fond of the little chap though and they live very harmoniously together.

I did introduce a whippet pup, to my current two recently, but Stan my miniature schnauzer was constantly being ragged and chased by the pup, to the extent he was becoming reclusive, nervy and subdued. It didn't work out unfortunately. :( It does depend on the type of dog you have and their temperament.

great pic :thumbsup:

My dogs all get on brill, my toy yorkie won't stand for any ragging or bullying from my lurcher or whippet, it's so funny sometimes he's smaller than a rabbit, and if they wanted to they could rip him apart, but he's the boss no doubt (w00t)

kitty said:
I was wondering how whippets got on with living with different breeds of dog. People so often have a (what is the collective term for lots of whippets? a whippy?!) lot of whippets, but I'm not aware of whippets + other types of dogs living together.
I have Bobby (Collie X) and Dolly (Whippet). Bobby was about 5 yrs old when we got Dolly. They get on well and play together loads, but as Nicola said, they don't snuggle up together like 2 whippets would do. Dolly tries to get in Bobby's bed and would like to snuggle up to him, :huggles: but he doesn't like it and gets out, so they swap beds a lot!!! ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back