The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Chertsey Open Show 20/05/06

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
oh, but we must, darling :thumbsup: afterall, they will be ALL the rage, dontcha know? can charge, ooh, how does £750 grab you? and whipbulls? no no no! we'll call them staffets :p

Darling.........£750 is just a snippet, £2000 is more like it & of course they are "rare Edwardian hounds" :lol:

nina said:
oh, but we must, darling :thumbsup: afterall, they will be ALL the rage, dontcha know? can charge, ooh, how does £750 grab you? and whipbulls? no no no! we'll call them staffets :p

Darling.........£750 is just a snippet, £2000 is more like it & of course they are "rare Edwardian hounds" :lol:

ooh, i like your style :cheers: for the more discerning buyer, bringing together class, elegence, with a robust and outgoing nature.....do you know, someone, somewhere would actually go for that! :wacko:

ooh, i like your style :cheers: for the more discerning buyer, bringing together class, elegence, with a robust and outgoing nature.....do you know, someone, somewhere would actually go for that! :wacko:

Thats me...................STYLE with a capital S (w00t)

And yes unfortunately there would be those DAFT enough to go for it :(

Think we will leave the "designers dogs" to the "designer people" :p

nina said:

Thats me...................STYLE with a capital S (w00t)

And yes unfortunately there would be those DAFT enough to go for it :(

Think we will leave the "designers dogs" to the "designer people" :p

pout :( i was looking forward to founding our own kennel, getting a webpage....and inventing a colourful, entirely bogus history for our staffets :( you are no fun :p

pout :(   i was looking forward to founding our own kennel, getting a webpage....and inventing a colourful, entirely bogus history for our staffets :(   you are no fun :p
Come, come now dont be upset, i'm sure there are more who are willing and able & staffets are just looming on the horizon. :eek:

would we get royalties....or sue for copyright when they finally hit the media spotlight? :teehee:

heaven forbid we get labelled money grabbing rip off merchants :- "

lalena said:

Well if we do darling, these people just obviously dont know what they are talking about & really cant see that we are obviously just doing it all for the good of the "breed" ( the rare edwardian hound of course!) & that there is more to life than just "pedigree dogs" that all have their own problems 8) :blink: :teehee: o:)

Well done, we were just lazing at home too or we would have come down for a watch at least!

PS, I think Bullwhip terriers may appeal to some buyers :- "

:cheers:

nina said:
Don't know how we missed this one, we were just lazing at home  :lol:
Who was the Judge ?

A lady called Christine Owen? Have to say i have never seen her before but in speaking to her afterwards i found out she had had whippets for several years & from "top kennels".

I think she did a number of hounds including whippets.

Very nice lady & a very thorough judge :thumbsup:

Christine Owen showed a whippt puppy at one of our locl hows last year th week before the hound show. Ben was doing 12-16 years JHA at the hound show his first time in the older age group. She gave him loads of tips and encouragement .Unfortunately he did not get placed.

I think she got best puppy in breed at the show and was waiting for BPIS so was giving Ben some coaching in an empty ring whilst waiting

A very nice and helpful lady :cheers:

:cheers: Well done to you :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
nina said:
lalena said:

Well if we do darling, these people just obviously dont know what they are talking about & really cant see that we are obviously just doing it all for the good of the "breed" ( the rare edwardian hound of course!) & that there is more to life than just "pedigree dogs" that all have their own problems 8) :blink: :teehee: o:)

oh, absolutely. the poor edwardian hound would be totally extinct without our timely intervention...and of course, all proceeds are intended for the preservation and betterment of them :- " naturally, though, as such caring breeders, we do deserve a certain amount of reimbursement :- " and yes, youre absolutely right about pedigrees and their problems....staffets will have their own unique problems, not like these common breeds :x

sarcasm and flippancy this early in the day...my how youve corrupted me nina :p

sarcasm and flippancy this early in the day...my how youve corrupted me nina :p
Yeah, but in the words of the late great Kenny Everett................................

"IT's ALL DONE IN THE BEST POSSIBLE TASTE!" (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry girls but I think you have already been pipped to the post with Bullwhip terriers. They are already being bred and called lurchers :- " There rae even classes for Bull cross lurchers at this Lurcher shows :thumbsup:

Jan Doherty said:
Sorry girls but I think you have already been pipped to the post with Bullwhip terriers. They are already being bred and called lurchers :- " There rae even classes for Bull cross lurchers at this Lurcher shows :thumbsup:
NOOOOOOO! there go my hopes and dreams for fame, glory, lots and lots of MONEY.....all for a worthy cause, you understand :- "

if these are so common, the lurcher brigade is going to have to be very careful :( i posted about a genetic illness within the stafford breed, L2-Hga. its a nasty, painful condition and most sufferers dont survive puppy hood :( symptoms include epileptic type fits/seizures, so if stafford stock is going to end up in lurchers, the owners need to get their staffs tested pronto

lalena said:
Jan Doherty said:
NOOOOOOO! there go my hopes and dreams for fame, glory, lots and lots of MONEY.....all for a worthy cause, you understand :- " if these are so common, the lurcher brigade is going to have to be very careful :( i posted about a genetic illness within the stafford breed, L2-Hga. its a nasty, painful condition and most sufferers dont survive puppy hood :( symptoms include epileptic type fits/seizures, so if stafford stock is going to end up in lurchers, the owners need to get their staffs tested pronto

Darling calm down, there's still "copyright". (w00t)

As for "genetic illness's, dont worry about these, pedigree dogs have them too.

Obviously the cross will TOTALLY eliminate it & all ours will be fine & as there will be an abundance of "pet homes" & lots of ££££££££, it really wont matter :thumbsup:

nina said:
Couldn't face the hike to SKC so went off to the Chertsey Open Show instead.
Ellie's first time in with the "big girls & boys" in Junior. Had a fab day

Ellie won Junior & RBOB & our new baby Holly (Pipajay Lovestruck at Salatini) won Best Puppy in Breed & HPG3!

No catalogues for sale so haven't any details of other class winners although i think BOB is a lady called Mrs Anderson? with a lovely fawn who won from the Open Class?  :cheers:

I'd say a fab day was an understatement. Well done!!

Wendy

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back