The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Classic English Whippet Derby 2009

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Started to type this earlier then George rang,with work for me to do :( :lol: Roll on next holiday.

Big Well Done to all the workers in Devon,you did a fantastic job :thumbsup: Track ran brilliant Geoff :thumbsup: Congratulations to all the racers,your dogs did you proud :thumbsup: Hope all the injured (football :lol: )are getting better,and hope Rita (Sid Young) is ok too :thumbsup: Big thanks to Cullompton Whippet Racing Club for their hospitality :thumbsup:

Just wanted to say how much we enjoyed the Devon festival, well done to all the workers, competitors and spectators who made it such a special week. A huge undertaking for Geoff and Hazel getting the track ready but it was first class. I was so disappointed to have to miss the last open due to problems with my health again but Im feeling a bit better now Im back home.

All the dogs looked brilliant and we watched some really exciting races and the weather was mostly kind apart from Graham getting soaked on Wednesday....he says its your turn to be on the wet side of the line next time Wendy :lol:

Well home from Devon and we are shatterd only one still running around is Kai, even pups are tired. We had a great holliday got tanned, drunk (Ray not me!) bought some new clothes and even got some trophys with Kai and came home with some money left not bad eh!. I would like to thank my mate Chris for taking the Derby to Devon great idea, of course Paul will say it was his idea, but we know better. A big thank you to Geoff and Hazel the track was best i have seen anywhere for a long time, you both put a lot of time and effort in and we are all greatfull. Thanks allso to all the other workers and organisers and well done to all you racers win or loose we all enjoyed the raceing. Whats the next holliday, ah yes Scotland better start the ironing see you all there!

had a great time in devon was fantastic best yet, great racing that camera came in handy ill tell u, track was great you can see that from the pics too, well done to ray n mary on winning the wed open and to jimmy n lorraine for winning the sat and sun open( some people just get greedy lol :- :thumbsup: ) na bliss ran great she deserved them!!,

ray no probs mate, still cant believe the prick in the van tho!! wheres these footy pics was so much fun that day even tho it took a few to get over it, hope the injured are all ok, roll on next year!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard at Collumpton. A perfect track in lovely settings. We really enjoyed it and would have loved to have stayed the full week but 3 days was hard enough with a bad leg and 9 dogs. Bob was knackered !!!! Well done to all the winners. I love Ebbys velvet jacket, it was well worth the effort.

Bill and I had a brilliant time at Devon. It was the first time we had been to the English Derby and we loved it.

We were on a lovely campsite with some great people, thanks to Jeff & Hazel for making us feeel so welcome.

Thanks to Linda & Dave for sorting out our Satellite system.

Linda & Jill were good company we all went out for a meal and had a good old chin wag and a laugh.

I have already booked the time off from work for 2010, so I hope it all happens again.

Once again thanks to Jeff & Hazel and everyone else for all your hard work.

kind regards

Doreen

Few of the other results no limit bagheera 40lb freddies melody yearling no limit trelawneys girl vets silver spark pups sapphire flash just fromm r and r this pup ran well to run flash to neck one to watch in the next few weeks yearling winner candy mill that all folks it hard using a moblie to put result on
well done darlo delight, R&R, and candymill, all from oscar :D and sid young in the dogs from buster :D , and sapphire flash taking supreme pup again well done from grandad buster

Debby Candy mill is out of Gems Lad and Sick Note not Osca Vicki x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back