The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Cornwood Show 28th June

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well after finally getting into my pit on Sunday morning to the sound of a very annoying blackbird singing his heart out :b and up again at 06.30 :wacko: to the sound of a shower on the roof of the truck :rant: I got a cup of coffee and a can of red bull on board and set off to meet the day head on and set up the coursing.

This turned out to be a good competition with 28 dogs entered, one or two were unsighted on the rather tight first turn (Sorry :b ) but most picked up on the lure and finished the course.The event finished with a strong final between two fit dogs. 1st Martin Holmes with Osker. 2nd Phill Wyness with Viper.

Congrats to you both.

For fear of encroaching into the showing schedule the Terrier coursing came after with a full card of 16 this gave me chance to shorten the course for the poor little mites and get another can of R/B on board :-

The competition ended with Barry Dann's, Scooby 1st. And Jo Williams, Sid 2nd .

Next up was the Hurdles with another full 16 dog card of lurchers :sweating: , The event went well to my delight as it's only the second time out for the home made equipment.

This event came to a close with our Gypsy 1st and Barry Dann's, Gunner 2nd.

Next came Hurdles for the Terriers :lol: :lol: Great fun with 12 dogs entered :sweating: and another R/B for me.

1st place came Barry Dann's, Scooby. 2nd Paul Gould's Tigger.

At last a pasty and a strong coffee and on to the straight racing, At this point Sarah ventured out of her tent to join in the fun but still feeling a bit delicate :x :wacko:

Overs up first with three heats of four dogs, ending with Rio, Tigger and Tilly in the final.

The result was Paul & Sarah's Tigger ( The Dawlish cruiser :D ) in 1st place and Mirrel's Rio in 2nd.

Then the Unders with two heats of three dogs with the first and second places going through to make a four dog final,

Chopper, fern, Kat and Reach. 1st came Chopper, not sure who his owner is Sorry Keith and 2nd Mark Hitchens Kat.

Terriers Only three dogs to run, Bustle Lola and Digger, 1st place went to Digger, Sorry didn't get a name.( getting a bit knacked by now) 2nd place to Tish with Lola.

And Last came the long jump ( and another can of R/B :- ).

With a fantastic fourteen dogs entered a tough competition followed with thirteen dogs starting at 12ft and one came in on the next round at 14ft, and the jump went up 2ft each round to 20ft at this point five dogs were left in and the decision to go up another 2ft proved to much for all five and none cleared the new distance so a sudden death jump off followed with the dog dislodging the least poles with one jump wins.

The result was 1st Grahams, Pebbles taking only one pole and jumping I think a pb of 21ft, and 2nd a very strong bitch called Tilly (Sorry no name ) with a jump of 20ft.

This concluded the events for the day by now it was 8.00 or so.

So after packing up and then a bbq with some of our family the day ended at about 11.30pm absolute knackerd and now I couldn't get to sleep can't think why :b .

so a big thank you to everyone who helped us we can't do it with out you all :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations to all the winners and to all who took part .

See you at Eggesford Hunt Show July 19th.

Once again thank you All for making the day Great :D :D

Kev & Deb.

hello i was wandering whether there are any more of the photos of the show.. thanks alot rob

:lol: Sounds like one of your typical shows Kev & Deb, pissed the night before but a great show on the day, :thumbsup: we all know how hard you and Debs work at your event's and all the other little workers, :teehee:

A great time had by all it seems, wish we could of been there, :thumbsup: Di, Steve, (Maggie, Skippy, leia and trenty.

How was it?Any results or pix? :D

:teehee: Yes come on you lot who went to Cornwood, (let's have some pictures, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese) for use who couldn't make it. :( :teehee: Di
Hi, My Mr Foxy won the championship,sorry no photo,s as i had a accident before the championship,i have torn the ligements in my right ankle.

Pat.

Well done to 'MR BROOK'S' 'Zavanna' coming Reserve to Mr Foxy & his bitch puppy 'Miya' for winning the Reserve Champion Puppy... :thumbsup:
thanks Goran ;)

Does anyone know who won best lurcher Champion puppy? :wacko:

Sorry I don't, not a dog or owner that I had seen before, but remember that it was a small smooth-blue in colour. Normally take pics, but was not feeling well & went home straight after championship....

the results for showing are on cornwoodshow.co.uk click on horse,dog etc tab then on dog show link
Have just checked the results- Carol I apologise for not recognising your new pup- as I said did not feel well, obviously my eyesight had gone as well !! But well done, he is so like Josh....

the results for showing are on cornwoodshow.co.uk click on horse,dog etc tab then on dog show link
Have just checked the results- Carol I apologise for not recognising your new pup- as I said did not feel well, obviously my eyesight had gone as well !! But well done, he is so like Josh....

Thanks :thumbsup: The pup is out of my whippet,Peter :wub: Well done Carol!!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back