The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coursing Pup Wanted

juckler

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
looking for a dog pup parents must be daytime hare killers.no timewasters please.

hare killers ...?

i'd like to know of a dog thats ideal 4 catching hare as i find a hare will outrun most dogs ;)

boom said:
hare killers ...?
i'd like to know of a dog thats ideal 4 catching hare as i find a hare will outrun most dogs  ;)

a profficient hare dog should take 2 out of three hares without trying if its allowed to hunt up and not slipped you cant go out mutch!

I was under the impression hare coursing was banned, which personally I think is a better term than 'hare killers'

i dont know anyone with any at the moment but judging by the dogs i have had in the past the good coursing dogs were along the lines of greyhound x deerhound x saluki x greyhound. or greyhound x beardie collie x whippet x greyhound. i have found that the more crosses, the better as it is more purpose bread.

*Lesley* said:
I was under the impression hare coursing was banned, which personally I think is a better term than 'hare killers'

Hi Lesley

Hare Coursing was never about killing hares, so if they want to call themselves hare killers let them!

Sorry to be picky! lol

Cerito

PS you are correct-whatever you call it it is banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
hay juckler

wat kind of cross are you looking 4 ?

boom said:
hay juckler

Im looking for a dog pup that will end up about 25in to the shoulder doesnt matter what breed as long as the parents can KILL hares .{ban??? never had permission in my life] Ive always considered a lurcher as a catching dog not a coursing dog .

Cerito said:
*Lesley* said:

Hi Lesley

Hare Coursing was never about killing hares, so if they want to call themselves hare killers let them!

Sorry to be picky! lol

Cerito

I dont want the dog for coursing i want it for catching i dont think you realise without people like myself the TRUE lurcher would not exist a working dog is made by breeding from animals that can do the job.30 years ago there were no show lurchers and they werent kept as pets ive killed my dinners for the last 40 years the lurcher should be a pot filler first and a looker secondHANDSOME IS AS HANDSOME DOES!its peoplelike you what have ruined the breed 30 years ago i wouldnt have had to have asked if the parents KILLED hares|

just wondered anyone know what a juckler is or a kanengra for that matter?

juckler said:
Cerito said:
*Lesley* said:

Hi Lesley

Sorry to be picky! lol

Cerito

I dont want the dog for coursing i want it for catching i dont think you realise without people like myself the TRUE lurcher would not exist a working dog is made by breeding from animals that can do the job.30 years ago there were no show lurchers and they werent kept as pets ive killed my dinners for the last 40 years the lurcher should be a pot filler first and a looker secondHANDSOME IS AS HANDSOME DOES!its peoplelike you what have ruined the breed 30 years ago i wouldnt have had to have asked if the parents KILLED hares|

Firstly I think you get above yourself coming on here insulting our me and the intelligence of lurcher folk, the fact that live coursing or KILLING as you put it is banned has nothing to do with me as I am not against it.

You seem obsessed with gettting a pup from killing parents what would you do if god forbid the pup did not have the same instinct?????

Just for the record this is not 30 years ago so come into 2006 and you might get more responce to your need for a killing dog :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you put a post on an open forum you get replies if you didnt want any other than from the owners of your new pup you should have put it in countrymans weekly :thumbsup:

Ive always considered a lurcher as a catching dog not a coursing dog
Have to agree with Juckler, Lurchers have always been for killing rather than coursing.

When Lurchers where coursed (normaly for money) merit was only given for how many hares the lurchers involved could kill (2-3, 3-3) the owners obviously got pleasure from seeing thir dogs chase the hare but no points ect where awarded for the chase unlike in Whippet/Greyhound Coursing.

juckler said:
boom said:
hay juckler

Im looking for a dog pup that will end up about 25in to the shoulder doesnt matter what breed as long as the parents can KILL hares .{ban??? never had permission in my life] Ive always considered a lurcher as a catching dog not a coursing dog .

i dont think it is wise to advertise the fact that you break the law...especially on an open forum! :- "

~whitecross whippets~ said:
juckler said:
boom said:
hay juckler

i dont think it is wise to advertise the fact that you break the law...especially on an open forum! :- "

lol your rite it aint wise to admit it... but then agen it aint wise to break it in the law in the first place :lol:

SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE THOGHT THIS WAS A LURCHER FORUM !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back