The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Coursing Pup Wanted

Courseing as gone like all sports money spoils it no fun in it now,and some of these dogs of old poacher guys are better looked after than some of the new age couseing people not all mind im not falling it that trap lol (w00t)

unwanted said:
Courseing as gone like all sports money spoils it no fun in it now,and some of these dogs of  old poacher guys are better looked after than some of the new age couseing people not all mind im not falling it that trap lol (w00t)
huh ???????? whatda ? :eek:

fully agree george, they could tell you a tale or two! i remember from my grandfather! sadly the old ways have been ruined but it is up to us to continue as far as we can given the ******* ban! many loopholes are there to be found tho? :- " maybe if more were advised by the old generaition then we would all understand much better?

unwanted said:
Courseing as gone like all sports money spoils it no fun in it now,and some of these dogs of  old poacher guys are better looked after than some of the new age couseing people not all mind im not falling it that trap lol (w00t)
i beg your pardon? :wacko:

~whitecross whippets~ said:
unwanted said:

can i get a rough translation here :wacko: :wacko:

stormydog said:
unwanted said:

can i get a rough translation here :wacko: :wacko:

i think he gave you one in the first place :lol:

what i understand is there is a lot to be learnt from those willing to teach the old ways, many a fireside tale etc, what i do not agree with is the personal attacks on the k9 members dogs! a wrong and unfair assumption, which has understandably got peoples backs up! juckler may well have all this knowledge he says he has but went about it in totally the wrong way! :- "

Tanya Docwra said:
what i understand is there is a lot to be learnt from those willing to teach the old ways, many a fireside tale etc, what i do not agree with is the personal attacks on the k9 members dogs! a wrong and unfair assumption, which has understandably got peoples backs up! juckler may well have all this knowledge he says he has but went about it in totally the wrong way!  :- "
Couldnt agree with you more Tanya. It is all well and good having a debate and disagreeing with someone...but to attack another persons dogs is just completely out of order. Like you said, there is a right way and a wrong way to go about things.

juckler said:
Cerito said:
Thought you were gone for ever! Hurry up.
It was people like YOU got coursing banned in the first place.  Get your facts right.

For your information when i started poaching lurchers werent ever competition coursed only hunted and it was only when people saw the dog as a status symbol[barbour coats ,green wellies] and other people saw a way of making money[as usual] that the showing started i should know i judged many of the first shows it was the worst thing to happen to lurchers people winning through friends instead of merit and half these so called champions never leaving the yard they were born on for other than a pose down the streets.

running dogs were banned because of their popularity and improper use by people that dont know any better it made me pack in 8 years ago but one positive thing came out of the ban itll sort out the real doggin lads.so im back now and your comments just dont add up you do your thing with your ruined show whippets and ill do mine with my not ruined killing machine and lets put an end to this

HAPPY HUNTING! :huggles:

...my dogs are not status symbols :wacko: ..although i do own a barbour and green wellies :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just been through this thread. Dont agree with juckler broadcasting the fact that they intend to go out and KILL hares thus breaking the law, if your gona do it do it quietly so you dont give all the antis ammunition.

Can of worms time :- " he has a point about the whippet being ruined by the show fraternity. they were bred to be fast little/medium sized rabbiting dogs and not the giants that we see in the show ring today.

Lakey said:
Can of worms time  :- "  he has a point about the whippet being ruined by the show fraternity. they were bred to be fast little/medium sized rabbiting dogs and not the giants that we see in the show ring today.
any chance of a re-phrase to SOME of the show fraturnity,so i don't get 'tarred' with the same brush :- " i know of quite a few (myself included) that race and/or course as well.

all mine know what bunnies are meant for :D :thumbsup:

beaker said:
Lakey said:
Can of worms time  :- "  he has a point about the whippet being ruined by the show fraternity. they were bred to be fast little/medium sized rabbiting dogs and not the giants that we see in the show ring today.

any chance of a re-phrase to SOME of the show fraturnity,so i don't get 'tarred' with the same brush :- " i know of quite a few (myself included) that race and/or course as well.

Ok Beaker, SOME of the show fraternity

Lakey said:
beaker said:
Lakey said:

Ok Beaker, SOME of the show fraternity

:*

Im sorry if im opinionated im just a solitary poacher[we dont get old just die] i aint against showing as long as the dogs are worked witch does show if you know what your looking for what about having a working dog class[what a statement!] for genuine working dogs.

The lurcher as i knew it is still about but hard to find[breeding true to type]but still exists and will suvive throughout .

this thread maybe got your backs up but i managed to get my pup and from genuine parentage i got a nice suprise in its back breeding was the brother to one of my old bitches and some old proper whippits so for this K9 i must thank you as i achieved my goal and learnt to type aswell all the best no hard feelings.

THE JUCKLER!!!

[by the way a juckler is what we used to call a lurcher]

juckler said:
Im sorry if im opinionated im just a solitary poacher[we dont get old just die] i aint against showing as long as the dogs are worked witch does show if you know what your looking for what about having a working dog class[what a statement!] for genuine working dogs.The lurcher as i knew it is still about but hard to find[breeding true to type]but still exists and will suvive throughout . 

this thread maybe got your backs up but i managed to get my pup and from genuine parentage i got a nice suprise in its back breeding was the brother to one of my old bitches and some old proper whippits so for this K9 i must thank you as i achieved my goal and learnt to type aswell all the best no hard feelings.

THE JUCKLER!!!

[by the way a juckler is what we used to call a lurcher]

We'll start again :D

Welcome to K9 Juckler well done on get your pup please let us know how you get on and if you get time to post the odd pic for us we would be happy to see your new pup and hear about his or her progress :thumbsup:

Good Luck :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
HI lesley

pleased to meet you its all tongue in cheek you know everyones allowed an opinion and you can never beat a good debate like i said i was only after the right pup that way hes set for life with me ill post photos later on .

cheers juckler!

hello ..... welcome to k9 :cheers: remember me :b im the one with the barbour and green wellies... :lol: :lol:

love to see some pictures of your pup :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back