The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Crab Sticks!

markE

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just found out young Fletch loves, i mean 'loves', crab sticks. What im wondering is, will they do him any harm? I tend to think they put all the rubbish into processed things like that, but then again i maybe worrying too much, if theyr suitable for human consumption, then i dont suppose theyl do a whippet any harm. Unless of course you know better!

its like any food, really. just make sure its still alright, as food poisoning aint pretty :x my two adore sardines in tomato sauce :x

markE said:
just found out young Fletch loves, i mean 'loves', crab sticks. What im wondering is, will they do him any harm? I tend to think they put all the rubbish into processed things like that, but then again i maybe worrying too much, if theyr suitable for human consumption, then i dont suppose theyl do a whippet any harm. Unless of course you know better!
Crab sticks were one of the fads that Josh had when he was alive and suffering from kidney failure. He loved them and they were great for hiding all his medication in! He had quite a few a day and they didn't seem to do him any harm.

I love them too! :cheers:

A few years ago we rescued an IG who was grossly overweight - we had to keep her on a strict low fat diet and no treats at all. How can you have a dog and not give them treats - so I started giving her crab sticks. She would do anything for one and even when she reached "normal" weight the crab sticks were still her favourite. They never did her any harm - I would keep them in the freezer and just get a couple out in the morning.

As Sid is so skinny and eats anything I had completely forgotton about the crab sticks. Think I will put them back on my shopping list - his Christmas Treat. :thumbsup:

I would have thought most fish was good for dogs in any shape or form, Ive never given my dogs crab sticks - YET :lol: but mine love sardines and Tuna too :thumbsup:

All positive replies. Sounds good to me. looks like he'll be enjoying them a lot more now. Thanks to all.

mark

all mine love crab sticks

i take them with me when racing and they dont put any weight on

they just make your pockets& hands smell a bit

My lot adore both sardines and pilchards in tomato sauce - I can't stand the sauce smell but they smell okay in oil.

Will give crab sticks a try - need a training incentive.... :thumbsup:

zilloot said:
My lot adore both sardines and pilchards in tomato sauce - I can't stand the sauce smell but they smell okay in oil.Will give crab sticks a try - need a training incentive.... :thumbsup:

oooo I lOVE them too Fiona. :thumbsup: :p

Have just invested in some crab sticks from Waitrose so looking forward to trying them out on Zair and Pedro this evening - if they don't like them I will have them myself as I love them!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back