The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Creative Grooming

karen21

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Did anyone see this?

Creative Grooming

Some of the creations are beautiful but it's hard to see why anyone would put their dogs through this... :eek:

OMG

i think its tasteless and demeaning, and as you said who would put their dog throught that :eek:

It's not only dogs that have to suffer!!

dyed3.jpg

dyed4.jpg

dyed.jpg

:angry:

Very very clever but I think they should take up topiary or something instead. Poor dogs, and to think I'm feeling very mean because i've just chopped all the fur off my bedlingtons legs to stop him collecting snow/ice balls on them :angry:

being a groomer myself....(i feel sorry for the next poodle that i do, i may feel the urge to turn it into a camel lol!!!! :clown: :eek: ) this does not offend me in any way, what is the difference between these and the ridiculous show clips/trims lots of 'show' dogs have to put up with and not just poodles...OES who cannot see out of their own eyes, pekes who's coat is so long it trips up, Puli's with profuse incredibly heavy cording... i think if an OES could choose it would prefer a 'camel' clip than it's current hair do! :eek:

Also a dog has no concept of what is being done to it, it doesn't know it's pink or panda like, and although we are 'humanising' them by creating these creative masterpieces, they themselves are oblivious to what we create...they are not embarrased or degraded like my son would be if i made him go to school dressed as a buffalo! :clown:

Lastly i know many dogs find the trip to the groomers traumatic, but these dogs it's all part of being a poodle and they are well used to the long process and it is positive attention from the human, which surely is no bad thing either? ;) I'd rather these pampered pooches in immaculate condition any day over the flea ridden, severely matted, ingrowing nails, infected ears, rotten teeth 'much loved' family pets that turn up at my shop.... :(

Maybe a ltlle off topic here, but just an observation - some of the pictures where the hair is taken back really close to the skin shows how athletic in build some of the poodles are under the big furry coat.

I agree, if the dogs are used to being groomed and primped they probably don't care at all and probably see the whole thing as positive attention. It's probably much less intrusive for them than the blinged-up little handbag dogs that get carried around dressed in ridiculous clothes.

From a human point of view I can't even begin to understand why anyone would want to do this to their dog :wacko: :blink:

Maybe a ltlle off topic here, but just an observation - some of the pictures where the hair is taken back really close to the skin shows how athletic in build some of the poodles are under the big furry coat.
My friend has a standard poodle & has done agility with her. We always say that her dog Suki is just a greyhound in a curly coat :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back